List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Discussion 2014 [Current Picks: 12, 33, 52]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We won't get O'Rourke and Jaksch for pick 12, especially when Saints can do the same offer, but with pick 1 as the bait. What I would look at is doing Greenwood for a swap of our first & second picks with North. That way we bring in experience to help our depth and we also maintain the ability to hit the draft. Doubt it will go down that way through. Then as we dicussed yesterday, go for free agents/GWS kids next year.
2 things, saints wont give up #1 for JO & CJ they will want a 1st round thrown into the deal and will be too much i think
North wont let LG go for just swapping our picks around

I would be surprised if North didn't have that covered. I don't reckon they will let Greenwood go especially as he has had a break out year.

You're most likely right, and rightly so.
Has had a fantastic year and they would be stupid to let him go.
Which is why I am an advocate for grabbing him, providing he is available.

2 things, saints wont give up #1 for JO & CJ they will want a 1st round thrown into the deal and will be too much i think
North wont let LG go for just swapping our picks around
Talk is pick 1& 21 for O'Rourke, Jaksch & pick 3. Guess we'll see next week exactly what happens.

Trade Week radio just asked Hine if Vickery was the Pies plan B for missing out on Clark, Hine laughed at them.
Left a message on the trade radio thread on the main board and quoted TV's goalkicking stats, TV with 23 goals from 12 games would've/did finish top 4 at 10 clubs. Also kicked the most goals of players who played 12 games or less.

He is very good inside midfielder

Who said he was? You realise we need qualities other than speed?

Ablett averaged 4.2 clangers this year, 2nd in the league.

He will probably win or come close to winning North's B&F in a year they finished 4th. Hardly dime a dozen.
I don't give a damn as I think he will not improve our list
This guy is slow by hand and poor by foot
Look at Lewis Hodge Mitchell they're all relatively slow but their quick hands and foot skills accompanied with accuracy and a gifted football brain makes them better than most
They're the inside types you need not another battering ram
As with clangers yes Junior averages bigger higher clangers but he touches it 15 more x plus he creates a lot more opportunities per game than Deadwood will ever achieve
Shiels Danferfield Are what we need not more putty which will give us very little gain unless you want to still be a middle of the road side that pays overs for battlers

Collingwood must be delusional saying pick 4 is not enough for Beams. Any top 5 pick is worth a gun particularly if they want to leave. They are clearly on the rebuild and have Adams, Broomhead, Kennedy and Freeman waiting to replace Beams and Ball.

Collingwood must be delusional saying pick 4 is not enough for Beams. Any top 5 pick is worth a gun particularly if they want to leave. They are clearly on the rebuild and have Adams, Broomhead, Kennedy and Freeman waiting to replace Beams and Ball.
The new Essendondrugs

Look at Lewis Hodge Mitchell they're all relatively slow but their quick hands and foot skills accompanied with accuracy and a gifted football brain makes them better than most
As with clangers yes Junior averages bigger higher clangers but he touches it 15 more x plus he creates a lot more opportunities per game than Deadwood will ever achieve
Shiels Danferfield Are what we need not more putty which will give us very little gain unless you want to still be a middle of the road side that pays overs for battlers

Agree Shiel and Dangerfield are what we need... but we won't get them. Let's get realistic here.

It seems Greenwood is gettable... and if so would be a fantastic addition to the team... especially with Jackson retiring.

In my opinion your assessment of Greenwood is way off the mark. The Guy is a tough inside mid who gets it 25 times. Yeah sure he has his share of clangers, but that cause most of his possessions are contested, inside and in traffic under pressure. We need someone like him to get it and take the pressure of Cotchin and Co. I believe He kicked around 20 goals this year (I could be wrong with the exact number)... but goals from Midfielders is something we desperately need....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's all part of the game, you're not going to say a week before trading begins that pick 4 is fine, you're going to try and squeeze as much as possible out of a deal. For example if you went back and looked at last years pre-trade thread on this board when Dusty was leaving you'd find plenty were demanding more than just a first round pick for him.

The Criminals (Collingwood) are at it again. Asking for stupid s**t that is unrealistic. Pick no.4 not enough for Dayne Beams. GTFO Collingwood, I hope he walks out, if that's even possible.

You're most likely right, and rightly so.
Has had a fantastic year and they would be stupid to let him go.
Which is why I am an advocate for grabbing him, providing he is available.

They would be a pretty stupid club to not make sure a
North are inundated with this build and style of footballer so finishing top five in an evenly matched team is nothing
Remember Jacko won our BandF and as an ex Geelong footballer told me if Jackos winning your BandF then that tells me What the hell were Cotchin Martin Lids JR8 doing ?he laughed and said he didn't rate our list and after this season I suspect he's right and we still want to top up with more average battlers
Sorry for repeating myself but more class please as I'm over the arse types that continue to clog our list
The picture bit was just a bit of humour which reading this thread I thought that's what it was all about

Unfortunatley i dont reckon gun players are wanting to come to Richmond at moment .

They would be a pretty stupid club to not make sure a

Unfortunatley i dont reckon gun players are wanting to come to Richmond at moment .

LOL rubbish. We are not chasing the higgins, Waites of the world. We dont need frawley and wont be bent over paying him way overs. Bottom line, there is not a realistic Jet ie out of contract that is available atm that fits our needs.

Who mentioned anything about a picture with Dusty?
That means nothing.
The facts will tell you that his stats per game are nearly as good as our captain, Trent Cotchin.
Will potentially finish top 5 in North's best and fairest, a team who made a preliminary final.
I think you'll be amazed as to how good a player Cotchin will be with a bit of extra help in the midfield.
Just have a look at 2012, when we had a fully fit Jackson and Tuck supporting Cotch in the midfield.
Greenwood might not be the pure silk type like a Deledio, but he is certainly a player who will fill a glaring need in our side.
North are inundated with this build and style of footballer so finishing top five in an evenly matched team is nothing
Remember Jacko won our BandF and as an ex Geelong footballer told me if Jackos winning your BandF then that tells me What the hell were Cotchin Martin Lids JR8 doing ?he laughed and said he didn't rate our list and after this season I suspect he's right and we still want to top up with more average battlers
Sorry for repeating myself but more class please as I'm over the arse types that continue to clog our list
The picture bit was just a bit of humour which reading this thread I thought that's what it was all about

We've already established that Tom Harley hates Richmond and what you quoted was exactly what he said towards the end of the west coke game.

LOL rubbish. We are not chasing the higgins, Waites of the world. We dont need frawley and wont be bent over paying him way overs. Bottom line, there is not a realistic Jet ie out of contract that is available atm that fits our needs.
exactly. Just because someone is a FA it dosent mean that we need to get them.
There are plenty of single ladies out there that men could pick up but there is a reason why they are single..

Im not talking about Waite and Higgins of the world , the fact is RFC have not landed a gun player for a while now and I'm not referring in particular to this draft .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back