List Mgmt. Dan Gorringe requests trade to Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to draft more Vic Metro players this year, so we actually have some guys willing to be traded.
I reckon we trade out SA players more than Vic Metro.

Ryder, Gorringe, Lowden.

Should Redden be worried?

Yep - got a 12 month contract - basically rehab time. Wouldnt be surprised if the club "Renoufed him" to the rookie list.

We can probably lose the rumour tag now that his manager has confirmed it.

I dunno. If we could get him for a late second/third rounder or half decent depth player, that's not a lot dearer than Lowden's price anyway and we're getting a far superior raw talent.

If Gorringe and Lowden would come at the same price, then I'd rather have Gorringe. I don't think they would though. But it would be a hell of a trade period if we could somehow trade our first three picks to get Ryder and Gorringe.

I just don't get it from Gorringe's perspective. He'd be a clear second ruck at the Crows, he'd probably be fourth ruck here if we get Ryder.

If Gorringe and Lowden would come at the same price, then I'd rather have Gorringe. I don't think they would though.

I just don't get it from Gorringe's perspective. He'd be a clear second ruck at the Crows, he'd probably be fourth ruck here if we get Ryder.

The Ken factor!!

Why didn't Gorringe come last year?? We were apparently all over him then.

Based on that photo of him on a boat last year in the thread we were talking about him, it might have been the girlfriend factor.

If a Gorringe trade eventuates, then what we may have to pay for him could depend on how much GCS have to let him go. GCS concessions will end completely in 2015, the last hurrah in 2014 being that they had an extra $400K in their salary cap. Now they will be under the same constraints as everyone else.
In 2001 we traded for Damien Hardwick for picks 31 and 47. He was probably worth more but Essendon had to cut their list because of salary cap pressure. The same may be applying in the case of Gorringe and GCS. Gorringe was an early pick while Hardwick was 87 but Hardwick was a proven player while Gorringe has played 20 games in 4 years.

If we do get Ryder as expected, seems odd that Gorringe would see a first team future with us (Redden in the mix as well). Given them across the road only have Jacobs of quality.

Paddy to either CHB or ruck roving like Roughie has been doing this finals series.

If Gorringe and Lowden would come at the same price, then I'd rather have Gorringe. I don't think they would though. But it would be a hell of a trade period if we could somehow trade our first three picks to get Ryder and Gorringe.

We rate Lobbe highly here, but he isn't an 'outstanding' ruckman and glaringly irreplacable (and personally I think Jacobs is a fair bit better), so maybe he believes he could come in and replace Lobbe one day a lot easier than Jacobs.

Fingers crossed he is cheap. A talented junior ruck developing in a training environment V Ryder, Lobbe & Redden could develop super quick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think REH just answered your question. Ken!

You don't think our first three picks + Newton in player or pick form will be enough for Ryder and Gorringe? I think that's a decent chance. The Crows being surely able to muster up a better offer for Gorringe will be the only sticking point I think. May end up coming down to honouring player's desire vs slightly better compo for GCS.

Perhaps adding Moore into the deal here somehow may be worth it to nab both Ryder and Gorringe?

If we are drafting tall, we wouldn't want to lose to many smalls

Trade in quality, more mature talls instead and then draft mids/smalls with our remaining late picks and hopefully get guys that in a normal draft (ie. without a large number of promising talls) may have feasibly gone 20s or 30s instead (Hewett/Taylor/Dumont/Robertson types).

I suppose a minor plus with taking Gorringe over Lowden (if it came to that) would be the no go home factor with SA lad Gorringe whereas Lowden is from Melbourne (Sandringham Dragons) - but then again we have had great success with our Victorian boys staying with us especially through the recent dark years. Looking at Lowden's stats on the Hawthorn site I see he's 204cm tall and 102kg in weight (unsure how up to date all that is) so he's certainly a big hulking type that you'd think wouldn't be easily pushed out of the way.

Yep keen for him to come to port. Let's see how this pans out

Based on that photo of him on a boat last year in the thread we were talking about him, it might have been the girlfriend factor.
gotta admit, i'm gonna miss seeing his insta pics of her in the gc sunshine. :p

just curious, where's aaron young at?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back