Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Injury prone and old are not a good mix. Regardless it doesn't matter whether age should come into it, it simply does.

There's also the Carlton factor involved so that'll downgrade any pick we might get.

But if you have a formula to determine the pick, it has to be objective. You can't just guess what's going to happen. What if Waite signs a third year... Then a fourth?

They need to scrap this compo rubbish.

I don't think age should play a part in it. Duigan was cooked at 28 but Fletcher is still going at 104. Who knows how long he's got left? Length of contract - yes, amount of $ - yes, but not age.

I don't write the rules ... I only piss and moan about them when it suits my argument.

But seaford? Who in their right mind would want to travel all the way down there on a daily basis to a club who is recognised by the amount of wooden spoons they have won

On a serious note, maybe Saints are offering a better contract to Jaksch and maybe he sees more opportunity there?

At Saints he is a lock for consistent AFL footy as either a forward or defender.
While he probably will be top 22 from the get go for us too, he might see it as tougher to break in as he is fighting with Jones and Watson for the 2nd forward slot (although he should win that battle) and with White for the third defender position.

And maybe he knows we're a lock to get Boyd next year ;)

Jarrad met with the kangas months ago and decided he was leaving way back then. This info came from a good friend of his back in benalla.

Last edited by a moderator:
On a serious note, maybe Saints are offering a better contract to Jaksch and maybe he sees more opportunity there?

At Saints he is a lock for consistent AFL footy as either a forward or defender.
While he probably will be top 22 from the get go for us too, he might see it as tougher to break in as he is fighting with Jones and Watson for the 2nd forward slot (although he should win that battle) and with White for the third defender position.

And maybe he knows we're a lock to get Boyd next year ;)
If he plays in the Saints defence he will see plenty of the football, but most of the time it will be sailing over his head goalward. Playing in the forward line however he will have plenty of time to ponder why he was silly enough to choose St Kilda over us.

Jarrad met with the kangas months ago and decided he was leaving way back then. This info came from a good friend of his back in benalla.

Waite only started playing good footy after this meeting...so seems like his good form is due to his selfish motivation of trying to impress North and get a good contract from them, rather than the good of the Carlton footy club,

What if he brings his friend Dusty to Carlton... The guys is a gun, just because he isn't your typical private school pretty boy footballer that seems to be the norm now. Martin plays hard and gets the job done on the Field more often than not... imagine we had have has a crack and got Dusty last year when he was gettable instead of Daisy..

I'm not sure we would actively pursue Dusty, let alone pursue Greenwood on the off chance his mate Dusty might be interested in joining him. There is a reason we are looking to trade Robbo and Jeffy. I'm not sure we should be looking to compromise our developing character stance depending on level of talent.

Ahh no worries. So because we all barrack for carlton it's fair game to slag or question a fellow supporters upbringing. Hehehe. Unbelievable. Those are some great rules.

No, it's not okay. Two mods have been cleaning this thread up, a thread ban issued and further discussion to take place.

Please give us a chance to respond rather than decide what we allow or don't allow. It only causes further frustration.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At Saints he is a lock for consistent AFL footy as either a forward or defender. .....

Maybe he should ask Josh Bruce, who also nominated St Kilda for more opportunity.
Only played 10 games this year not sure if that was injury affected or not.
Given Saints backline it must have been.

Channel 7 Perth reported last night that we were interested in Jacob Brennan from the Eagles who was delisted yesterday.

Plenty of pace but skills aren't the greatest. Possible rookie pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back