Stop the boats. 5k a head. (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jiska does a valiant job shilling for the people smuggler industry - especially spinning the lines that living in a country where law and and order is "not terrific" qualifies you to be a refugee under the UN convention and furthermore that previous travel in India is a pre requisite qualification to adjudicating whether or not that country is persecuting a genuine refugee.:thumbsu:
Can you define 'not terrific'?

Bob Carr, the man who admitted selling out his colleagues to the CIA, and who Julia Gillard criticised as being less than dedicated during his time as Foreign Minister.

“No man should judge unless he asks himself in absolute honesty whether in a similar situation he might not have done the same.”
Viktor E. Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning
I borrowed it, hope you don't mind.
I have often thought whether the fans are capable of visualising the circumstances in which people seek asylum. The answer was no.

Not all are blessed with the humane insights given to you Maggie. You should spare some compassion and pity for those of us trapped forever by the cosmic curse of cruelty and inhumanity to the rest of mankind.

Bob Carr, the man who admitted selling out his colleagues to the CIA, and who Julia Gillard criticised as being less than dedicated during his time as Foreign Minister.

Questions marks should be raised of any politician who openly admires the politics of Henry Kissinger in theory and practice. A realpolitik scumbag of the highest order.

Not all are blessed with the humane insights given to you Maggie. You should spare some compassion and pity for those of us trapped forever by the cosmic curse of cruelty and inhumanity to the rest of mankind.
Don't be so harsh on yourself. There's still time for you to grow on a personal level. One day you might reach the status of human.

I'm suprised that anyone would take the word of the Foreign Minister who served in the "worst government in history". According to many they were all completely incompetant and yet now it's his opinion that matters.

I'm glad you acknowledge the " worst government in history".

Don't be so harsh on yourself. There's still time for you to grow on a personal level. One day you might reach the status of human.

pissing-in-the-wind-975x1024.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Waiting for you to define "not terrific'.
Prefer to be my way although it can be learned.:)

Better than asking for it back? Yep. I don't complain about paying taxes and I pay my fair share (unlike many more famous and high profile Australians) and if I could choose where my taxes went from there it wouldn't be offshore into purchasing submarines and jet fighters. Is that so difficult to understand?

Well actually, it kinda does. Population growth = Consumption growth = GDP growth. It's not that hard. You can learn this stuff.

Mate you can do whatever you want with your money. Its when you start grabbing others that I have a problem.

Your understanding of economics is limited to say the least.

No consumption does not lead to growth. If it did why doesn't the government give everyone a million dollors with the rule that it must be spent? Because consumption does not drive real growth. Real growth comes from improvements in productivity and capital investment.

So the current system has made the problem go away? That's because you believe that asylum seekers landing in our territorial waters is truly the problem. Congratulations - you heard the dog-whistle.

And an open door policy immigration policy for Australia would make it go away too?
Ask Europe, especially Italy, how happy they are that they listened to people like you.

The difference is I don't want Australia to follow down that path of failed policy and good intentions. How many times does your good intentioned policies have to fail before you admit you are wrong?

Good getting to hear the greens whinge about responsibility when they have none and take none for their actions.

Then Christine Milne walks out on the issue immediately after she has had her say :oops:.

Mottrain, have you considered applying to be a writer for the dailytele?
You've got all the required attributes.

Mate you can do whatever you want with your money. Its when you start grabbing others that I have a problem.

Your understanding of economics is limited to say the least.

No consumption does not lead to growth. If it did why doesn't the government give everyone a million dollors with the rule that it must be spent? Because consumption does not drive real growth. Real growth comes from improvements in productivity and capital investment.
My money's already been grabbed. So has yours, possibly. It's called taxation. I pay it. How it's spent after that is up for debate one might think. Can you explain to me the benefits of a Collins class submarine?

My understanding of economics stands to be challenged. Go for your life. A million dollars? Firstly, the government doesn't have it and wouldn't borrow it. Hell, $10K stimulus nearly sent us broke didn't it? Secondly, many would view it as an investment opportunity (define 'spent') and purchase property. That's in no way related to the social security net, where the potential for leakage through savings and investment is very low. Social welfare dollars by & large contribute directly to GDP in the form of consumer spending through general retail.

Why does the media insist on broadcasting the greens stupid bleatings over this issue, as though they are some sort of authority on this issue? Fringe dwellers like Hanson (accidents happen) Young and stink-eye Milne have no credibility whatsoever. Their policy has proven to be a total failure everywhere its been rolled out, an exact carbon copy of the one causing a crisis in Italy.

And an open door policy immigration policy for Australia would make it go away too?
Ask Europe, especially Italy, how happy they are that they listened to people like you.

The difference is I don't want Australia to follow down that path of failed policy and good intentions. How many times does your good intentioned policies have to fail before you admit you are wrong?
There's 'Open Door' and there's 'Fair Share'. Fair Share based upon what we could actually accommodate & afford. It wouldn't be overly difficult for a few modestly intelligent bureaucrats to work this out.

Don't ease up on your sentiments now mate. You don't want to change it because it might affect your quality of life. Looking out for numero uno.

Why does the media insist on broadcasting the greens stupid bleatings over this issue, as though they are some sort of authority on this issue? Fringe dwellers like Hanson (accidents happen) Young and stink-eye Milne have no credibility whatsoever. Their policy has proven to be a total failure everywhere its been rolled out, an exact carbon copy of the one causing a crisis in Italy.
Why does Chief allow you to post on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back