No Oppo Supporters NOOOOOOOOOOO - NicNat selected in IR squad

Remove this Banner Ad

Theres plenty of talented hip hop producers and rappers... Not many in aus..
I was in LA not long ago, and i heard a sympohny orchestra play runaway by Kanye West... It sounded amazing.
No comment on Kanye as a person, but his song writing ability is very good.
But a good example of good hip hop is when its sounds even better when played in a different genre.

Kanye doesn't do anything but right lyrics (which are usually about himself) and then just arranges the ththynx in which way he wants to speak them. His producers or arrangers create his beats and musical tracks, or he rips off another song like Marilyn Manson and then talks over that. There may be talented hip hop producers in the world but Kanye is not one of them. Just like there are some great electronic music producers, but it's not hard if you have musical ability to use music programs to create tunes without having to play an instrument, so we get a lot of crap music flooding the airwaves. Combine that with x craptor contestants and dj "mash ups" and this world is in a musical garbage dump at the moment. There are good artists out there, they're just not always easy to find. Keep searching, it's worth it.

I've never heard of any decent human being that likes What Does The Fox Say (that isn't hip hop) or Will.I.Am.

Well i appear to have merged my argument against Hip Hop, together with Electronic Dance Music (doof doof), and commercial cheese (Will.I.Am)

Same s**t. Created by people who i deem to have minimal talent in actual music. Writing rhymes, making funny noises on a synthesiser, or turning your voice into a robot, sure, they have plenty of talent in that area. But music wise, they won't get any respect from me.

Well i appear to have merged my argument against Hip Hop, together with Electronic Dance Music (doof doof), and commercial cheese (Will.I.Am)

Same s**t. Created by people who i deem to have minimal talent in actual music. Writing rhymes, making funny noises on a synthesiser, or turning your voice into a robot, sure, they have plenty of talent in that area. But music wise, they won't get any respect from me.

If you sat in a studio and see what goes into producing a hip hop or EDM song you wouldn't be saying what you're saying. It's not traditional music, but it's an art form allll on it's own. It's painstaking and takes a s**t load of natural flair and understanding of beats, rhythms, timing and hooks.

I'm one of those people who listens to basically every type of music. I don't like to limit myself, and I can see the appeal or talent required to create any type of music, be it English grindcore, Norwegian black metal, Boston hip hop or Dutch DnB. It's all art brah.

Edit: Except aussie hip hop, it's poo

Incredible hip hop and edm is out there, just as you have progressive genres and alternative rock on the flipside of pop music. I tend to lump in the kind of festival cheese that artists such as Avicii and Skrillex put out (that also gets massive airtime on fm) with idiots like Will.I.Am.

If you sat in a studio and see what goes into producing a hip hop or EDM song you wouldn't be saying what you're saying. It's not traditional music, but it's an art form allll on it's own. It's painstaking and takes a s**t load of natural flair and understanding of beats, rhythms, timing and hooks.

I'm one of those people who listens to basically every type of music. I don't like to limit myself, and I can see the appeal or talent required to create any type of music, be it English grindcore, Norwegian black metal, Boston hip hop or Dutch DnB. It's all art brah.

Edit: Except aussie hip hop, it's poo

Don't get me wrong, i've got some EDM in my collection.

But my point has been highlighted several times over the years when i've seen "talented artists" like Kalvin Harris perform "live"

Here's how my conversation with my mate went down recently while Kalvin was performing a basic song like Feels So Close....

"Is he actually signing?"
"No... he's just fist pumping"
"What a s**t kent. Is he even playing anything"
"No he's just hit play and stepped back from his mixing equipment"
"Great.. worth every cent"

How can i respect an artist who can't even perform at a live event? Despite the vocals in the song being monotone and pretty damn basic for him to sing?

Don't get me wrong, i've got some EDM in my collection.

But my point has been highlighted several times over the years when i've seen "talented artists" like Kalvin Harris perform "live"

Here's how my conversation with my mate went down recently while Kalvin was performing a basic song like Feels So Close....

"Is he actually signing?"
"No... he's just fist pumping"
"What a s**t kent. Is he even playing anything"
"No he's just hit play and stepped back from his mixing equipment"
"Great.. worth every cent"

How can i respect an artist who can't even perform at a live event? Despite the vocals in the song being monotone and pretty damn basic for him to sing?

Yeah man, I'm totally on your side there.

You mean like the way some talented person made this?

Some talented man made achy breaky heart.

Some talented chick made the locomotion

Etc etc etc

I don't like country one bit. But i at least respect it, for it's actual musical talent with instruments and vocals.

What i don't respect however is some geek on his keyboard at home who can make songs like "what does the fox say", or basically anything featuring Will.I.Am, which is promoted as actual music when it clearly is not.

Call me old fashioned.

There were s**t composers who made popular tunes in mozarts time too. Nowadays the s**t producers have a global audience

Having spend a large part of my life in the music industry and quite anfew years trying to produce - you see the people with the talent come through - most of them play instruments and have done since they were kids - some are just freaks who understand music on a level that is incredible.

I have spent my life listening to music - own a room full of it and a digital collection that is beyond. I listen to hip hop, breaks and drum'n'bass and on other days i listen to classical and opera. sometime i delve into the 70's psychedelia - floyd and tangerine dream..... Sometimes its wagner and guiseppe verdi

Music touches my soul - as much as there are forms of music i dont like at all and it pains me to listen to it for even a second - to judge that as s**t is to ignore the legions who love it as much as i love my own music.

There were s**t composers who made popular tunes in mozarts time too. Nowadays the s**t producers have a global audience

Having spend a large part of my life in the music industry and quite anfew years trying to produce - you see the people with the talent come through - most of them play instruments and have done since they were kids - some are just freaks who understand music on a level that is incredible.

I have spent my life listening to music - own a room full of it and a digital collection that is beyond. I listen to hip hop, breaks and drum'n'bass and on other days i listen to classical and opera. sometime i delve into the 70's psychedelia - floyd and tangerine dream..... Sometimes its wagner and guiseppe verdi

Music touches my soul - as much as there are forms of music i dont like at all and it pains me to listen to it for even a second - to judge that as s**t is to ignore the legions who love it as much as i love my own music.

Deep post. I never thought you could be so deep Kranky. Did you meet Priddis recently too? Is that the reason? ;)

Either way, i know i'm harsh when i judge music. But i put most of it down to a live performance. If they can't perform live, they can EAD.

Even if it sounds s**t (Katy Perry) i still give them credit for trying. But robot voices, lip syncing, and pressing play while they fist pump infuriates me.

Deep post. I never thought you could be so deep Kranky. Did you meet Priddis recently too? Is that the reason? ;)

Either way, i know i'm harsh when i judge music. But i put most of it down to a live performance. If they can't perform live, they can EAD.

Even if it sounds s**t (Katy Perry) i still give them credit for trying. But robot voices, lip syncing, and pressing play while they fist pump infuriates me.

As someone who spent a large part of his life practising hours and hours every day for 20 years i actually agree with you - if you do a live show - ******* well do it live or gtfo

If you produce music but dont play - do a dj set

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kanye doesn't do anything but right lyrics (which are usually about himself) and then just arranges the ththynx in which way he wants to speak them. His producers or arrangers create his beats and musical tracks, or he rips off another song like Marilyn Manson and then talks over that. There may be talented hip hop producers in the world but Kanye is not one of them. Just like there are some great electronic music producers, but it's not hard if you have musical ability to use music programs to create tunes without having to play an instrument, so we get a lot of crap music flooding the airwaves. Combine that with x craptor contestants and dj "mash ups" and this world is in a musical garbage dump at the moment. There are good artists out there, they're just not always easy to find. Keep searching, it's worth it.

Hahah 'keep searching its worth it'.. Great advice, thanks man..
Kanye writes heaps of beats, he always has.. Its actually how he gained fame.
But yeah he's a talentless hack like everyone else in the genre..
I listen to heaps of good music, you obviously dont like hip hop or electronic music which is fine.
But dont pretend to know abouts genres that you obviously dont.

Hahah 'keep searching its worth it'.. Great advice, thanks man..
Kanye writes heaps of beats, he always has.. Its actually how he gained fame.
But yeah he's a talentless hack like everyone else in the genre..
I listen to heaps of good music, you obviously dont like hip hop or electronic music which is fine.
But dont pretend to know abouts genres that you obviously dont.

Sure mate, I know nothing about music and you do. Well done. Great post. :)

i better tell those rappers that have used beats from my tunes (with my permission) they can't use them anymore coz I don't know anything about writing tunes, hip hop or otherwise. I'll send em to you next time they need a producer for thier album. Better tell the radio stations to stop playing my bands songs as well. Thanks for setting me straight.

So, international rules, eh?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back