List Mgmt. Swans board trade period discussion: Part 2 (READ OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Well st kilda gws and bulldogs should occupy the 3 of the bottom 4 in 2015 so I wouldn't class them as competitors.

What's the answer then? Give guys games who aren't in our best 22 so we can keep them. When your a top team this happens, it just so happens that the team membrey wants to go to has the first pick in psd, same as lamb. Why would they try to organise a trade. If sydney really wanted these players we would have found a way to keep them.

Fyi, paddy ryder has averaged 11 disposals 4 marks 15 hit outs and 0.6 goals per game over his 9 seasons in the afl. You say gun I say overrated. Take your pick.

Yeah but essendon took a while to use ryder as a ruck fwd i remember him as a chb on buddy a few years back

Ryder is better than any ruckman we have

He is the best ruck/fwd in the league

With this ban can you guys sign delisted free agents?

Also a bit disappointed we didn't have a pick to trade you guys for Tim Membrey since we've had a good trading relationship with you guys before.

Well st kilda gws and bulldogs should occupy the 3 of the bottom 4 in 2015 so I wouldn't class them as competitors.

What's the answer then? Give guys games who aren't in our best 22 so we can keep them. When your a top team this happens, it just so happens that the team membrey wants to go to has the first pick in psd, same as lamb. Why would they try to organise a trade. If sydney really wanted these players we would have found a way to keep them.

Fyi, paddy ryder has averaged 11 disposals 4 marks 15 hit outs and 0.6 goals per game over his 9 seasons in the afl. You say gun I say overrated. Take your pick.

They play against us, so I do.

It happened to us when we we're s**t too.
Yes, we are at the top, and we can't play them all. The flipside of this is that as a top club these guys are in a high quality environment, that gives them currency. They will come into their new clubs and play most games, as Everitt did at Carlton. He in fact placed equal 7th in Carltons B&F, we lost him, and our number one ruckman, for pick 32, which had started as Richmonds, till they gave it up to get Spud Hampson.
Yes there have been difficult circumstances, we have a tightly managed cap, pre-season draft, bigger offers from other clubs but the facts are we are continually losing guys for unders.

It'd be fine if we clearly didnt want them. Imo the club would've liked to keep Biggs and Membrey if they could.
Jon O'Rourke played the 10 games, he leaves after 3 or so years, GWS got pick 19.

I'm well aware of Ryders stat. you think he's overrated, thats fine and dandy.
I think he's a high quality player because I've seen his influence on games.

With this ban can you guys sign delisted free agents?

Also a bit disappointed we didn't have a pick to trade you guys for Tim Membrey since we've had a good trading relationship with you guys before.

Allowed to yes, but tight with senior list spots after committing to three academy guys in the draft, and three rookie upgrades.
Sounds like we aren't even using the pick we swapped for Biggs.

He is the best ruck/fwd in the league

For the 6 weeks of a season he plays...plus he plays a LOT better as the first ruck. He was trialled as a forward for Essendon, was hopeless. He is a handy forward that is it.

Odd that Geelong got rid of Taylor Hunt guess he didn't come on as expected? remember him playing quite well against us in 2013.

Hardly odd, played in the VFL all season. Can't kick either. A side that needs a tagger could do worse though.

It's currently one, and I have been told it's going to stay at one. Pick 58 will officially be a pass as we have committed Pick 73 for Abe Davis.

7 Outs: Membrey, ROK, Malceski, Walsh, Lockyer, Dick, LRT
6 Ins: Heeney, Hiscox, Davis, Robinson, Richards, Lloyd

Remember Biggs was on the rookie list so his departure doesn't count.
Hey Grimlock, out of interest in wanting to know more about this from a list/draft pov, but if Sydney aren't going to draft any more players shouldn't 58 be the start of the rookie upgrades and 130 be a pass?

Also on Ryder, to rudely enter the debate,

as a ruck > Tippett
as a forward < Tippett

Don't think he'd fit your list personally, maybe if Goodes was gone.

Good luck with 37, has to be a defender of some sorts I think.

Hey Grimlock, out of interest in wanting to know more about this from a list/draft pov, but if Sydney aren't going to draft any more players shouldn't 58 be the start of the rookie upgrades and 130 be a pass?

Also on Ryder, to rudely enter the debate,

as a ruck > Tippett
as a forward < Tippett

Don't think he'd fit your list personally, maybe if Goodes was gone.

Good luck with 37, has to be a defender of some sorts I think.
fingers crossed Oscar McDonald lasts that long, doubt it though. Personally, I was never into Ryder.

Technically no because we have already committed pick 73 to Davis, and by the rules the rookie upgrades are the 'last' picks we use.

We have 2 more senior spots available than you all think IF we choose to use them. Otherwise we are going to be drafting a lot of rookies.
Beatson already said we're only going into the draft with one live pick.

fingers crossed Oscar McDonald lasts that long, doubt it though. Personally, I was never into Ryder.

Wouldn't be surprised if McDonald does last, good player but has some limitations. Could suit us though!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

was just looking at some phantoms, was going anywhere from 26-36, Keitel also may slide.

Can see someone taking Keitel before our picks. Such a shame we committed to Hiscox at a 2nd rounder. Yes I know people will say I'm bagging the bloke. I'm not but have we really overpaid for the bloke? I would have let Freo take him almost. McDonald is a weird one in that he is a lock down defender pretty much, these players rarely go early.

Can see someone taking Keitel before our picks. Such a shame we committed to Hiscox at a 2nd rounder. Yes I know people will say I'm bagging the bloke. I'm not but have we really overpaid for the bloke? I would have let Freo take him almost. McDonald is a weird one in that he is a lock down defender pretty much, these players rarely go early.
pick 38 for a pre-season pace setter? Yeah, overs, but Blicavs came from a similar background, so maybe a hope he pans out. Blicavs is also 6'6 ind you.

pick 38 for a pre-season pace setter? Yeah, overs, but Blicavs came from a similar background, so maybe a hope he pans out. Blicavs is also 6'6 ind you.

Don't get me wrong I rate him but around the pick 45-50 range not 38. I trust the club though and they know more about him than I do from my limited viewing.

I don't see what the big issue is with selecting Hiscox with our second round pick. We got that pick back with the compensation for Malceski and then upgraded it with Biggs. Unless you're thinking we could have packaged those two picks together and got a pick in say the 20s? But who is to say that we even could have done that. And we only have the one live pick anyway so it's not like we're using a pick later than the first pick we currently have. Plus, if Hiscox's true worth is between pick 45-50 then maybe the club thought they would be better off getting him with a SLIGHTLY better pick given they would know him inside out compared to a random player that they may select with that pick.

Or am I missing something??? :p

I don't see what the big issue is with selecting Hiscox with our second round pick. We got that pick back with the compensation for Malceski and then upgraded it with Biggs. Unless you're thinking we could have packaged those two picks together and got a pick in say the 20s? But who is to say that we even could have done that. And we only have the one live pick anyway so it's not like we're using a pick later than the first pick we currently have. Plus, if Hiscox's true worth is between pick 45-50 then maybe the club thought they would be better off getting him with a SLIGHTLY better pick given they would know him inside out compared to a random player that they may select with that pick.

Or am I missing something??? :p

You answered it would have loved to package those two to get a pick say 25 ish.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back