Society & Culture Things you do/did that you probably think no one else does

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always thought after a flight planes got a thorough checking over by mechanics/engineers to make sure all was in great shape before the next flight. Know now quick fill up, pilot gives the tyres a kick while taking more interest in scratching his nuts, and away we go.

When microwaving left overs that involves stirring half way, i balance my fork on the edge of the bench so that the dirty bit hangs, enabling me to use it when the meal is fully done.

i do that also. also enables benchtop to remain clean

When I have a sausage roll, I eat the pastry first, then the meat.
When I have a pie, I have the "lid" first, then the rest

Leave my cup of tea for a good song, keeping the bag-bobbing at just the right time. Never do it to Brian Eno or post-rock though, it'll be cold by the time you pour the milk in

When I have a sausage roll, I eat the pastry first, then the meat.
When I have a pie, I have the "lid" first, then the rest

Used to do something similar at school with the sheppards pie since the pastry wasn't hard. I'd eat the top and insides before eating the pastry.

Always thought after a flight planes got a thorough checking over by mechanics/engineers to make sure all was in great shape before the next flight. Know now quick fill up, pilot gives the tyres a kick while taking more interest in scratching his nuts, and away we go.
Depends on the airline.

Leave my cup of tea for a good song, keeping the bag-bobbing at just the right time. Never do it to Brian Eno or post-rock though, it'll be cold by the time you pour the milk in
The day I realised the time it takes my toaster to pop, and for me to butter my toast, is the perfect brewing time for a cup of tea, was one of life's greatest small discoveries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lots of people do this, but it's probably quite rare for people my age (23).

I love watches. I won't spend more than 250ish on a night out, any amount of money on a playstation etc or 4-500 bucks on a TV or a smartphone like most gen Ys, but I'll happily drop a grand or 2 on a quality automatic watch that really takes my fancy.

Hell the other day I seriously considered buying a GMT master II 11670 BLNR before deciding against.

All this for a timepiece that is less accurate than a $10 quartz watch.

On the topic of the order people eat food... I find it odd when people eat all of one thing, then all of another. You've gotta mix it up.
I do that. If it's Asian, one curry at a time. And at KFC, burger, then wicked wings, then chips, then popcorn chicken, and finally my drink.

I do that. If it's Asian, one curry at a time. And at KFC, burger, then wicked wings, then chips, then popcorn chicken, and finally my drink.
Was specifically thinking of KFC as I posted, as I recently had this conversation with a mate while we enjoyed some fine KFC. He did what you do. Ate all his chips, then his burger, then had his drink.

It's wrong, damnit. Wrong!

What if you get thirsty while you eat?

Was specifically thinking of KFC as I posted, as I recently had this conversation with a mate while we enjoyed some fine KFC. He did what you do. Ate all his chips, then his burger, then had his drink.

It's wrong, damnit. Wrong!

What if you get thirsty while you eat?

Agree. People have told me that they eat Maccas in the same way. DA FAQ.

They also think it's extremely weird I place my maccas on a ceramic plate before I consume it but that's another story for another day Ig... :$

Agree. People have told me that they eat Maccas in the same way. DA FAQ.

They also think it's extremely weird I place my maccas on a ceramic plate before I consume it but that's another story for another day Ig... :$
You've just joined the fast food freakshow, Shell.

Ceramic plate... My goodness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back