Competitions It's on guys, The Collingwood Board's Phantom Draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Damn you Men of steele.

Anyway, pick 10. Geelong: Kyle Langford.

Write up and rationale to follow briefly though with Stevie J and Bartel getting long in the tooth Langford might be a handy replacement.

FWIW I get a feeling that Richmond fans will be happy with our phantom draft!!

Damn you Men of steele.

Anyway, pick 10. Geelong: Kyle Langford.

Write up and rationale to follow briefly though with Stevie J and Bartel getting long in the tooth Langford might be a handy replacement.

FWIW I get a feeling that Richmond fans will be happy with our phantom draft!!
Shouldve been a bit more realistic, taking out Heeney Moore etc

Is it my turn? :)

De Goey went earlier than expected.

Anyways with selection number 11 of the national draft I pick

Jarrod Pickett

Pick 11 ~ West Coast: Jarrod Pickett
Range: 5-15
Height: 180cm Weight: 76kg
Position: Wing/Half-forward
Player Comparison: Stephen Hill
Profile: Pickett is an is blessed with elite speed and he knows how to use it. He is the best linebraker of the draft. He also has a great side-step where he doesn't break stride but gets away from his oponent with ease. Pickett is an excellent kick on the run but needs some work on his kicking when stationary. For an outstide player Pickett is a good accumulator isn't afraid of winning his own ball. Pickett is best used on a wing rotating forward similar to a role Lewis Jetta and Isaac Smith play but can play in the centre square at half-back. Needs to work on his defensive running.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/mike123s-phantom-draft.1080719/

A profile I did on my own phantom draft.

De Goey went earlier than expected.

Anyways with selection number 11 of the national draft I pick

Jarrod Pickett

Pick 11 ~ West Coast: Jarrod Pickett
Range: 5-15
Height: 180cm Weight: 76kg
Position: Wing/Half-forward
Player Comparison: Stephen Hill
Profile: Pickett is an is blessed with elite speed and he knows how to use it. He is the best linebraker of the draft. He also has a great side-step where he doesn't break stride but gets away from his oponent with ease. Pickett is an excellent kick on the run but needs some work on his kicking when stationary. For an outstide player Pickett is a good accumulator isn't afraid of winning his own ball. Pickett is best used on a wing rotating forward similar to a role Lewis Jetta and Isaac Smith play but can play in the centre square at half-back. Needs to work on his defensive running.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/mike123s-phantom-draft.1080719/

A profile I did on my own phantom draft.

LOL that's exactly who I thought you would pick, I was pretty certain, and an amazing get at pick 11, I think he will go pick 10 to the Cats in th ereal draft, hence they moved up the order in order to get him IMO.

LOL that's exactly who I thought you would pick, I was pretty certain, and an amazing get at pick 11, I think he will go pick 10 to the Cats in th ereal draft, hence they moved up the order in order to get him IMO.

De Goey was going to be my back up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 12 Richmond
Peter Wright (VIC - KPF/Ruck)
Height: 203cm, Weight: 102kg, DOB: 08/09/1996
Recruited from: Calder Cannons
Profile: Dominant key forward/ruckman.

Despite Richmond supporters suggesting that traditionally the club goes for a mid-fielder first round, I can't resist taking Wright given he is more a KPF than ruck. He is slid a long way and will be taken soon by someone, so why not grab him here.

Pick 13 Fremantle
Hugh Goddard (Tall defender/Tall Forward)

The type of player that Fremantle need with their KPP looking a little bit old. They need some new blood and he has shown some good signs.

This is as much about fun as it is 'realistic'. Moore and Heeney being available has opened things up and made it more interesting. Will Petracca be as good as Heeney or Brayshaw? Would you take Moore ahead of Wright, McCartin or Lever. This is some fun to look back on in a few years time.

Pick 12 Richmond
Peter Wright (VIC - KPF/Ruck)
Height: 203cm, Weight: 102kg, DOB: 08/09/1996
Recruited from: Calder Cannons
Profile: Dominant key forward/ruckman.

Despite Richmond supporters suggesting that traditionally the club goes for a mid-fielder first round, I can't resist taking Wright given he is more a KPF than ruck. He is slid a long way and will be taken soon by someone, so why not grab him here.
Yer, this kinda made the entire phantom draft pointless

What do you mean?
The whole purpose of a phantom draft is to predict the upcoming picks and what kind of options each club would choose, it is a must for the draft to be as accurate as possible. And in a real life scenario there is no chance wright will fall past pick 7. If everyone keep selecting left field options in order to make themselves stand out, then this might as well just be a group discussion. I also don't understand why heeney and Moore are even included....

Why don't you put Moore and Heeney where they are actually going to make it more realistic and measurable against actual outcomes?

Because it's now too late ;)

I'm sure we'll go around many more times before draft day and can change it then :)

The whole purpose of a phantom draft is to predict the upcoming picks and what kind of options each club would choose, it is a must for the draft to be as accurate as possible. And in a real life scenario there is no chance wright will fall past pick 7. If everyone keep selecting left field options in order to make themselves stand out, then this might as well just be a group discussion. I also don't understand why heeney and Moore are even included....
It's just a bit of fun. It's about being an expert. No point picking a Tryone Vickery because of a need because that will come back to bite your 'phantom draft and make you, in the general sense, look stupid and you'll lose cred. And that's what this is about.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back