• Duggan

Votes: 11 3.1%
  • Lamb

Votes: 13 3.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Richardson on afl.com says the Saints still undecided on their first pick. I think this may affect the dynamic a little. Still holding onto that faint hope of snaring Brayshaw. But less encouraging was the talk in the 'who does your club pick ' section where Melb are said to have long been into Brayshaw and Roos is talking about getting midfielders.

The only thing is what if, the outside chance Saints take Wright? How does that make it fall?

Im gonna be shattered if Melbourne pick up both Pretacca and Brayshaw.

I cant see them doing that, i think they will pick up Wright due to jamar getting older and needing better talented big men instead of more mids
I can. Gawn is there replacement for Jamar.
I agree with the needing better big men though.

I cant see them doing that, i think they will pick up Wright due to jamar getting older and needing better talented big men instead of more mids

They have Gawn, Spencer and Fitzpatrick. I can't see them missing out on a gun mid to surplus a position.

Richardson on afl.com says the Saints still undecided on their first pick. I think this may affect the dynamic a little. Still holding onto that faint hope of snaring Brayshaw. But less encouraging was the talk in the 'who does your club pick ' section where Melb are said to have long been into Brayshaw and Roos is talking about getting midfielders.

The only thing is what if, the outside chance Saints take Wright? How does that make it fall?
If St Kilda don't, Melbourne will take brayshaw, that is 100% guaranteed. He won't be slipping.

1. Petracca.
2. Brayshaw.
You can lock those 2 in.
Melbourne/GWS will look Lever before Wright in my view.
Melbourne have a stack of Ruck / KPF's & GWS need to address their key defensive stocks.

Latest from Cal Twomey at AFL.com:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-25/your-clubs-first-pick

COLLINGWOOD
Pick 5:
The Pies find themselves in a good spot, having already brought in father-son Darcy Moore with pick nine. That gives them some flexibility with pick five, and Jayden Laverde brings plenty of that with him. The Western Jets midfielder can play on a wing, across half-forward or half-back, and has great speed. At 189cm, he's a big-bodied midfielder with plenty of suitors.
Around the mark: Paul Ahern, Kyle Langford, Peter Wright

Jayden Laverde's combination of height and pace make him an attractive prospect. Picture: AFL Media
1_U18VMWA14SG0012.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If St Kilda don't, Melbourne will take brayshaw, that is 100% guaranteed. He won't be slipping.

OK I'm officially emotionally disengaging from Brayshaw as of now. I think you're dead right and it sh1ts me that Melbourne will get such a great young bloke who deserves to be at a much better club.

OK I'm officially emotionally disengaging from Brayshaw as of now. I think you're dead right and it sh1ts me that Melbourne will get such a great young bloke who deserves to be at a much better club.
There's still some chance he will go to St Kilda
Petracca has been a bit overhyped if you ask me.
Both are future leaders. I think Brayshaw will be the better player, but Petracca the bigger celebrity.

As for the rest. I'm one of those who wants the most versatile player possible. In which case I'm a bit torn between Laverde and Langford. Langford intrigues me. He is clearly a smokey as we don't even have him on our poll and yet it's rumoured the Club are keen on him. This is the way I see him from the different information available:

Pros:

A year younger with more scope, extremely versatile, elite marking and scoreboard impact for a non forward, good line breaking, good tackling, good disposal efficiency, good leadership, projects like Bontempelli but has yet to demonstrate an inside game. 190 cm but light frame with hopefully room to add size and strength, is said to have stitched up both Laverde and Lamb in School and TAC competition one on one, has had two 5 goal games as a non forward.

Cons:

Yet to demonstrate an inside game and I don't want to spend pick 5 on a talented flanker no matter how good dreams of him being the next Fyfe would depend on his being able to take this step, one of the astute phantom drafters has noted he has a very long neck, suggesting that hhis height is actually not a 'true' 190 cm and hell fill out and develop as a smaller type rather than a Bontempelli.

I would be very keen to take either Langford or Laverde as a great point of difference to our list - tall, agile, dangerous and efficient utilities. Our list lacks midfield height and line breaking ability. These two seem to provide both, as well as a much needed ability to push forward and provide another marking target in the forward 50. I would ideally prefer the one with the greater likelihood of developing an inside game. Would be interested in people's thoughts on this, particularly if you have some more inside knowledge of either boy or have seen them play.

Last edited:
There's still some chance he will go to St Kilda
Petracca has been a bit overhyped if you ask me.
Both are future leaders. I think Brayshaw will be the better player, but Petracca the bigger celebrity.

Yeah I haven't seen a lot of Petracca but you do wonder with the boys who play as men among boys how well they make the transition. Clearly it can go either way, with some like Wines just immediately being awesome at AFL level and others just not having the same impact. It will be interesting to see which category Petracca falls into. The optimist in me is hoping that the skinny kid with scope we likely pick up will end up being the better player!

Cons:

one of the astute phantom drafters has noted he has a very long neck, suggesting that hhis height is actually not a 'true' 190 cm and hell fill out and develop as a smaller type rather than a Bontempelli.
Oh my... Who said this? Necks can be deceiving, especially on a 73kg 190cm kid lol. I dare say neck length would be the last thing on any recruiters mind and the kid is 17 years old so to say that a 190cm 17 year old will fill out and play small is baffling. I've seen the theories on leg and body length but this is the first time I've ever seen neck length come into equations hahaha.

As for the rest. I'm one of those who wants the most versatile player possible. In which case I'm a bit torn between Laverde and Langford. Langford intrigues me. He is clearly a smokey as we don't even have him on our poll and yet it's rumoured the Club are keen on him. This is the way I see him from the different information available:

Pros:

A year younger with more scope, extremely versatile, elite marking and scoreboard impact for a non forward, good line breaking, good tackling, good disposal efficiency, good leadership, projects like Bontempelli but has yet to demonstrate an inside game. 190 cm but light frame with hopefully room to add size and strength, is said to have stitched up both Laverde and Lamb in School and TAC competition one on one, has had two 5 goal games as a non forward.

Cons:

Yet to demonstrate an inside game and I don't want to spend pick 5 on a talented flanker no matter how good dreams of him being the next Fyfe would depend on his being able to take this step, one of the astute phantom drafters has noted he has a very long neck, suggesting that hhis height is actually not a 'true' 190 cm and hell fill out and develop as a smaller type rather than a Bontempelli.

I would be very keen to take either Langford or Laverde as a great point of difference to our list - tall, agile, dangerous and efficient utilities. Our list lacks midfield height and line breaking ability. These two seem to provide both, as well as a much needed ability to push forward and provide another marking target in the forward 50. I would ideally prefer the one with the greater likelihood of developing an inside game. Would be interested in people's thoughts on this, particularly if you have some more inside knowledge of either boy or have seen them play.

Remember Hine like his Underage Prosepcts and He beat Levarde and Lamb which is a good sign. We need Goal Kicking Mids after Losing Beams.

Levarde is also has not much of a Inside Game same as Langford.

COLLINGWOOD
Pick 5:
The Pies find themselves in a good spot, having already brought in father-son Darcy Moore with pick nine. That gives them some flexibility with pick five, and Jayden Laverde brings plenty of that with him. The Western Jets midfielder can play on a wing, across half-forward or half-back, and has great speed. At 189cm, he's a big-bodied midfielder with plenty of suitors.
Around the mark: Paul Ahern, Kyle Langford, Peter Wright

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-25/your-clubs-first-pick

Pros:

Cons:

Remember Hine like his Underage Prosepcts and He beat Levarde and Lamb which is a good sign. We need Goal Kicking Mids after Losing Beams.

Levarde is also has not much of a Inside Game same as Langford.

Small sample size, but hard to see him at 5 with those highlights. Perhaps around 15 you'd be happy with plenty to work with, but at 5 you would want someone who is sharp and projects into a 200 gamer.

Laverde, Pickett, Weller/Lever for mine at 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back