QAFA (A) - 2014 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Good get...I hear on the gp that Moorooka may have Jarrod Brennan and Mitch Vasterink (Springwood).... Any word?

I can rule out mitchy ad he is still doin an apprenticeship with fire vac that was part of playing at pumas and doesn't want to risk injury or potential losing his job (as good a reason as any) .

Brennan plays touch rugby with me and gets along with all the lads plus has his brother playing at roosters so wouldn't rule it out just yet, but a fair bit of talk I think . Great guy the roosters would be better for having him around the club. Heard that proud is going to ippy as well any truth ??

Good get...I hear on the gp that Moorooka may have Jarrod Brennan and Mitch Vasterink (Springwood).... Any word?

You forgot to mention brent Burton from pine rivers, and retain guys like Grainger,butler,Valdez ,Watts, simpson,flower, shaw,parker, O'Gorman . Training kicks off tonight at the chook pen at 6 if anyone is looking for a change .

You forgot to mention brent Burton from pine rivers, and retain guys like Grainger,butler,Valdez ,Watts, simpson,flower, shaw,parker, O'Gorman . Training kicks off tonight at the chook pen at 6 if anyone is looking for a change .
sounds like back to back 2015?

Suns/ippy/tigers/ all gonna be very very hard to beat so wouldn't say that just yet . We all no there is no such thing as a sure thing in footy anything can happen .
great answer. what about Beenleigh any word on the streets how they are going? should be a good comp 2015 there has been a lot of head turning about the suns what's the go with them? ippy maybe alright. tigs they will be pretty good just depends on the attitude.

great answer. what about Beenleigh any word on the streets how they are going? should be a good comp 2015 there has been a lot of head turning about the suns what's the go with them? ippy maybe alright. tigs they will be pretty good just depends on the attitude.
what about Carrara with their Labrador and NEFL recruits?

Will be a differnet looking comp with Bond Uni, Victoria Point sharks and Wynnum all wanting to join. Also the Surfers Suns. What about the Swans? Will they be up there again? And can Park Ridge go up another level?

Just to answer the above question about the Buffs. LIke every team mentioned they have plenty of players talking the talk about signing on, but thats happens every year at every club this time of the pre season. Regardless, I expect they will be much better than last year which doesnt mean much. Atleast the only way is up and fingers crossed that all the names being bandies about sign on and get the Buff train firing again.

Toot toot.

Just to answer the above question about the Buffs. LIke every team mentioned they have plenty of players talking the talk about signing on, but thats happens every year at every club this time of the pre season. Regardless, I expect they will be much better than last year which doesnt mean much. Atleast the only way is up and fingers crossed that all the names being bandies about sign on and get the Buff train firing again.

Toot toot.
yes very true. so thoughts about season 2015? I'm not sure what to make of it with all the speculation, of the higher players coming down to Div 3

(Log in to remove this ad.)

gee with all these ex afl , neafl and qafl players rolling around . I wouldn't want to be playing for the pirates or the buffs next year! no offence lads!

Just to answer the above question about the Buffs. LIke every team mentioned they have plenty of players talking the talk about signing
on, but thats happens every year at
every club this time of the pre season.
Regardless, I expect they will be much
better than last year which doesnt
mean much. Atleast the only way is up
and fingers crossed that all the names
being bandies about sign on and get the
Buff train firing again.
Toot toot.
Was just about 'like' this post until the train got a mention & the tooting 

Will be a differnet looking comp with Bond Uni, Victoria Point sharks and Wynnum all wanting to join. Also the Surfers Suns. What about the Swans? Will they be up there again? And can Park Ridge go up another level?

More teams the merrier but really think the comp should be capped at 10. Play 20 home and away games with each club playing each other twice. Fingers crossed hope they don't have uneven teams in the comp like this year. No-one likes having 2 byes and only playing 16 home and away games. Clubs would all kill for one extra home game to make some more money to help keep them afloat I'm sure! If it's 20 games then that's 2 extra home games for the year!

Last edited:
More teams the merrier but really think the comp should be capped at 10. Play 20 home and away games with each club playing each other twice. Fingers crossed hope they don't have uneven teams in the comp like this year. No-one likes having 2 byes and only playing 16 home and away games. Clubs would all kill for one extra home game to make some more money to help keep them afloat I'm sure! If it's 20 games then that's 2 extra home games for the year!
10 teams would be 18 rounds

Remove this Banner Ad

Back