2015 Brownlow Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

Putting aside Ablett, I have a funny feeling that Boak will get it. Umpires love that sort of player. People are saying Cunnington (my favourite player) is a smoky, but I reckon Swallow will poll most for us next year. Agree with the guy who said Ward is a chance. I'd love a non midfielder to get it.

All the usuals from this year, plus Mitchell and Watson (pending no suspension). Both probably would have polled well again this year barring injury

Boak and Dangerfield the best chances for mine, both in their prime and poll votes out the anus. A couple of smokies that I think could surprise are Cunnington and Ward

i think we will see an overcorrection on dangerfields votes, umpires would have noticed on the night how out of line the voting was there. Probably Boak too but Boak will probably take more damage from Gray and co next year now that they know we have more good players than just Wingard and Boak.

for my tip i think it's Fyfe's to lose

From port, Hartlett will be our bolter, with Wines playing great football and not getting votes. Don't think anyone from Port will win it unless Gray holds his form from the last 12-15 weeks.

i think we will see an overcorrection on dangerfields votes, umpires would have noticed on the night how out of line the voting was there. Probably Boak too but Boak will probably take more damage from Gray and co next year now that they know we have more good players than just Wingard and Boak.

for my tip i think it's Fyfe's to lose

From port, Hartlett will be our bolter, with Wines playing great football and not getting votes. Don't think anyone from Port will win it unless Gray holds his form from the last 12-15 weeks.

Danger has polled 21+ votes for the last 3 years, it wasn't a one off fluke, umpires just really notice him. Boak didn't over poll by my count last year either, no reason to think the umpire love will stop just because Gray played well last year

From my club Lewis the major chance, Hill to be the improver. Its probably Mitchell's last chance, but sadly I think that award has passed him by (please prove me wrong Sammy).

For the comp, Rockliff, Boak or Dangerfield. Heppell stepped up to the elite level in 2014, but may need another season or two to contend for a Brownlow, same as Robbie Gray.

From my club Lewis the major chance, Hill to be the improver. Its probably Mitchell's last chance, but sadly I think that award has passed him by (please prove me wrong Sammy).

For the comp, Rockliff, Boak or Dangerfield. Heppell stepped up to the elite level in 2014, but may need another season or two to contend for a Brownlow, same as Robbie Gray.

Scott Pendlebury

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gary Ablett 5.50
Nathan Fyfe 7.00
Joel Selwood 10.00
Patrick Dangerfield 12.00
Matt Priddis 16.00
Tom Rockliff 21.00
Josh P. Kennedy 21.00
Luke Parker 21.00
Scott Pendlebury 21.00
Lance Franklin 21.00

Ablett or Dangerfield ... whichever team they play for wins more games.

Putting aside Ablett, I have a funny feeling that Boak will get it. Umpires love that sort of player. People are saying Cunnington (my favourite player) is a smoky, but I reckon Swallow will poll most for us next year. Agree with the guy who said Ward is a chance. I'd love a non midfielder to get it.

Agree with Swallow too, umpires love his tackling and in and under work. But then again Harvey, Wells and Dal are all very good pollers too so one of them would have to have a very good year to poll enough to win probably

Dyson Heppell is the obvious stand out from Essendon, however I believe Essendon should bat quite deep in the middle next year so I can't see him polling enough votes to win.

Nat Fyfe is an absolute jet; and the decline of Freo (IMO obviously) should see him win votes in a shallow midfield. He'd be my pick this far out.
So Freo's midfield is shallow while the Bombers midfield bats quite deep. Did something happen to Barlow, Mundy, Hill, Pearce or Neale that I haven't read about?

So Freo's midfield is shallow while the Bombers midfield bats quite deep. Did something happen to Barlow, Mundy, Hill, Pearce or Neale that I haven't read about?

Yes, imo.

Freo us on the decline, and has a wafer thin midfield depth.

Our midfield is the least of our issues. KPP's yes, midfield no.

It might be, but I think it has next to no depth - reckon you blokes have missed your chance. Shame, because I would have liked to see you win one.

It might be, but I think it has next to no depth - reckon you blokes have missed your chance. Shame, because I would have liked to see you win one.
We've got heaps of depth in the midfield, not as good as our A team but who's is. Blokes not getting regular games who we could put in there - Moribito, De Boer, Clancee Pearce, Suban, Sheridan, Silvia as well as some untried draft picks from last year, some who went well in the WAFL.

My tip for the Brownlow is Ablett. Suns should win 14-15 games next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back