Opinion Our 2015 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm sure this has been covered.. but I can't resist - married on independence day eh? Fascinatingly oxymoronic ;)
July 4th? WTF
Independence day was January 1. You know, Jan 1 1901.

It's not a terrible draw, but kissed on the dick we are not.

Nah, that's just usual PAP dribble. I made the fatal mistake of scrolling too far on the Advertiser web site and saw some of the comments. Similar stuff. Now I need to rinse my brain in disinfectant.

I'm sure this has been covered.. but I can't resist - married on independence day eh? Fascinatingly oxymoronic ;)
LOL.

No, absolutely hasn't been mentioned to us yet. Definitely hasn't been said by almost everyone when we told them the date /sarcasm ;p

Now the draw is out I can plan a trip to see the Crows play for the first time in 2 years .... and then probably bail and go somewhere sunny and with a lot more bars instead :)

So I bought a 3 game Port membership this season, and I now receive their emails;

5 minutes ago, an email hit my inbox about their draw.

Gotta give them credit, their marketing and promotions department are very sharp at present.
Go have a look at our respective websites and their analysis and release of the draw absolutely shits on ours

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port finish in the top 4 = night games as they rate better.

You get what you deserve.

Actually its more about maximizing crowd numbers. They know Port crowds will be much smaller in worse timeslots and against lower end teams so they boost you up. They know Crows fans will turn up in good number regardless of timeslot and hence give us shitty times. Both showdowns on sunday afternoons enforces this even more. It's all about the $$$

I see Fages is taking over our twitter page at 4 pm today. Can one of you twits please ask if or when a review of our marketing department will occur. Perhaps point out that we are being smashed in this area by our rivals.

Someone please do this.

The 2nd Showdown is a Sunday as well. FFS.

That's s**t, for both of us, and for the State.

Showdowns should be primetime, no question.

******* AFL.

Nah, that's just usual PAP dribble. I made the fatal mistake of scrolling too far on the Advertiser web site and saw some of the comments. Similar stuff. Now I need to rinse my brain in disinfectant.
Your fatal mistake was actually going to that site in the first place!! :p

Go have a look at our respective websites and their analysis and release of the draw absolutely shits on ours
Don't know if you guys got it, but my email from Port also had a link that let me extract the dates/times of our total fixture list, club events and all AFL major dates straight in to my Outlook calendar.

You get what you deserve.

lol I love how power fans keep parroting this line. It's like its an amazing new concept to a bunch of entitled handout receiving bandwagoners.

your side has recovered well since the intervention by the SANFL and AFL but going around preaching cliches is a bit rich.

What do we want from our 2015 Fixture?

I'm hoping that we get:

1 Thursday Night Game
2 Friday Night Games (how good would a Friday Night Showdown be!)
2 Sat Night Games
2 Sat/Sun Day games (12:40/1:15/2:50pm)
4 Saturday/Sunday Twilight Games

Surely after topping the Home Crowds list this year, we will be rewarded a bit with better timeslots, but knowing the powers to be we will be screwed again, hopefully Fages will step up to the plate and go into bat a lot harder for us than you know who.
Just wanted to point out how accurate the OP was!
1 Thursday Night Game R12: v Hawthorn
2 Friday Night Games R19: v Richmond (only 1)
2 Sat Night Games R9: v Fremantle, R21: v Brisbane (3 in total, 1 away)
2 Sat/Sun Day games R1: v North Melbourne Sunday day, R3: v Melbourne Saturday day, R7: v St Kilda Saturday day, R14: v Geelong Sunday day, R17: v Gold Coast Saturday day, R22: v West Coast Sunday day (6!)
4 Saturday/Sunday Twilight Games R5: v Port Adelaide Sunday twilight (1)

Your fatal mistake was actually going to that site in the first place!! :p

Don't know if you guys got it, but my email from Port also had a link that let me extract the dates/times of our total fixture list, club events and all AFL major dates straight in to my Outlook calendar.
Yeah, this is an AFL prepared thing, not from the clubs.

Someone please do this.

That's s**t, for both of us, and for the State.

Showdowns should be primetime, no question.

******* AFL.
Unfortunately for those over the boarder, the Adelaide showdown is of little interest. It doesn't rate nationally and is of minor importance. They are more interested in who will win out of Melbourne and Carlton than they are about Adelaide and Port.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back