Goulburn Valley FL 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Some interesting reading on the Essendon league forum about Sherman..... Seems to love signing contracts but not seeing them out! Think im with countryboy13 on this one, will end in tears! good luck ky.

Some interesting reading on the Essendon league forum about Sherman..... Seems to love signing contracts but not seeing them out! Think im with countryboy13 on this one, will end in tears! good luck ky.

Called into the blue brick on Sunday to place a few bets & saw the young sherminator talking to a few older men in bomber jackets & also signing a few papers & the barmen said they will making the announcement on Tuesday that the sherminator is coaching ky
On the money from my sources.

"also signing a few papers" mmm interesting, lets just say the Sherminator might need a new stage name .....at the rate he is terminating two & three year deals at his last three clubs the Terminator may get a run up bush:)

Tale of the Tape:

Bulldogs:
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ju...western-bulldogs/story-fnelctok-1226503963253
"WESTERN Bulldogs line-breaker Justin Sherman has left the club and will seek a third home via the pre-season draft despite having a year to run on his existing contract.

The former Brisbane Lion was not traded during October's player movement frenzy and the Dogs today declared they had reached a "mutual agreement" with Sherman."

Williamstown:
http://www.williamstownfc.com.au/williamstown-press-release-justin-sherman/
The Williamstown Football Club would like to announce that Justin Sherman has been released from his 2014 contract.

Justin joined Williamstown Football Club last year and initially signed for two seasons (2013 and 2014). A knee injury which required surgery ended his 2013 season after only 3 games.

Justin has experienced on going problems with the knee and off field he’s very busy with his upcoming wedding and the birth of his child.

Williamstown Football Club CEO Brendan Curry stated the following:

“Justin spoke to us in the New Year about his knee and upcoming wedding and fatherhood. He felt he couldn’t commit to VFL Football in 2014 and we decided to support his decision. Justin hopes to play some football at a local level in 2014 once his knee improves. We wish him all the best. “

Pascoe Vale:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/...ning-back-on-vfl/story-fngnvocb-1226816884602
The last line of this article has proven to be prophetic "For me at the moment, that's where I'm at." Might be a good business card slogan?

Justin signed another 2 year deal 2014 & 2015 with sign on's. Justin was named Captain of the Pascoe Vale FC.

Justin played Round 1 of the 2014 season then succumb to further knee trouble which required club subsidised surgery and missed the next 13 games and then I'm told he returned for Round 14 then missed the do or die relegation game against Marby with a sore neck, Pascoe Vale lost by 1 point, then played the last 3 games of the year.

Justin mid contract applied to Rochester, Mansfield & Kyabram and it looks like Kyabram won the lottery. Justin signs a, don't tell me, 2 year contract with Kyabram ;)

Then Kyabram are alerted to the fact Justin is under contract and are going to announce Justin as Captain Coach anyway, making Justin technically the Captain of both the Pascoe Vale and Kyabram FC's at the same time.

Summary
3 Two or Three Year Contracts Signed by Justin Sherman in 3 years
2012 10 Games Bullies Signed for 3 Stayed for 2
2013 3 Games Willy Signed for 2 Stayed for 1
2014 5 Games Paco Signed for 2 Stayed for 1

Now from where I come from that's what you call Good Work if you can get it.

Go get em Justin you seem to have a good thing going here.

The whisper is this one could end up being a LONG drawn out affair with AFL Victoria in the the thick of proceedings.

Good Luck to all parties "touch gloves "!

If KY aren't realising what has just happened to them a good flick through this old thread would make anyone second guess. I think they call it a good old fashioned fleecing?

http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?11229-Sherman-Delisted

Lets hope the cows up Ky way are the only ones who get a good milking!

Playing devils advocate ( Ian Findlay - allegedly) doesnt the standard contract allow a person to be released if they are to take on a senior coaching role from a contracted player? I thought it was one of the release mechanisms in the contract as long as its standard - ( ie no upfront payments or sign on fees)
If he has taken money upfront he may well be screwed or have to pay it back before he will be released if they in fact agree to do this.

Playing devils advocate ( Ian Findlay - allegedly) doesnt the standard contract allow a person to be released if they are to take on a senior coaching role from a contracted player? I thought it was one of the release mechanisms in the contract as long as its standard - ( ie no upfront payments or sign on fees)
If he has taken money upfront he may well be screwed or have to pay it back before he will be released if they in fact agree to do this.
The standard AFL contract doesn't include such a clause. He may have a contract, though, that has been drawn up privately.

Has there ever been a bigger change in style of coach looking at previous posts

Dirty. Loyal and honourable and probably coached for nothing as long as the team bought tyres from his shop.
You certainly knew where you stood with Dirty

The poor Sherminaters history doesn't look flash and priced himself at $60000 plus by the looks someone knows where he's standing

Has there ever been a bigger change in style of coach looking at previous posts

Dirty. Loyal and honourable and probably coached for nothing as long as the team bought tyres from his shop.
You certainly knew where you stood with Dirty

The poor Sherminaters history doesn't look flash and priced himself at $60000 plus by the looks someone knows where he's standing
And this is where country footy is staring down the barrel. Only a few years ago if you wanted a big quid out of the game then you signed on as a playing coach. Now marginal players want what a playing coach was on less than ten tears ago, with little of the responsibility.

Tim Bongetti gun from Greensborough who will kill it and 38 year old Paul Scanlon sign at Seymour! Bongetti not far off de registration though

Benalla may be hard pressed to hold on to Josh Mellington for 2015. Albury chasing hard with a 5 K sign on and match payments multiples above what he was on this year. Will be interesting to see where he heads.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will travel up every second Thursday and take Melbourne based players
Ringo you were at willy how would you describe the shermintor's leadership there, and if you were involved with a country club would you sign him up?
How can he demand that money to coach yet only turn up every second Thursday will he even know any of the locals names come game day, sounds very injury prone will he come up those Thursdays if he injures his knee again

Mate, he is a likeable person. If he has overcome his injuries he will be very handy. If he is totally committed he is worth a go! I believe he deserves to be given an opportunity to see how it all works out! I think he would realise that travelling up every second Thursday wont be enough.

Cant believe the Ky board would appoint a bloke that allegedly wanted that much money but isn't going to live in the town , coaching gvl is nearly a full time job these days a lot more than just taking Thursday night training and playing , be interesting to see how it all works .

If anyone is under any doubt about the mess Ky have got themselves into re signing Sherman whilst under contract read this from the EDFL thread:

How the business of footy works when players/coaches want to leave whilst under contract read yesterday's news.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...odney-eade-heads-to-suns-20141028-11d82h.html

"Rodney's a wonderful person and we won't stand in his way. We wish him well and we understand he did not put his hand up for the job. Gold Coast came to him. But he remains in contract and everything's negotiable.

"Our expenses in hiring and fulfilling his role would need to be compensated. These clubs who sack their coaches when they are contracted and come out of nowhere and disrupt our football department plans, which were well in place ... put it this way, we look forward to having a chat with a few people."

Port Adelaide levelled a $150,000 compensation claim at the Saints, who finished up paying Port just $20,000. Thomas said Port then forwarded about $15,000 of that amount to the Gold Coast after the Power in turn poached Shaun Hart to replace Richardson.

While the AFL refused to buy into McGuire's compensation claim, the Magpies received strong support from Port Adelaide, which last November lost its coaching director Alan Richardson to St Kilda.

The Richardson appointment by the Saints came after that club, like the Gold Coast, sacked a contracted senior coach. "I believe there's a strong argument for it," said Port chief Keith Thomas. "When clubs act this late - it's after the trade period - you really are inconveniencing the other club."

A post on the EDFL thread with someone asking the question on what they think will happen in the Sherman matter:

Bluejet the news is well known to everyone you don't have to be on the inside with this one.

Just like the post above re the Eddie McGuire/Eade news http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...odney-eade-heads-to-suns-20141028-11d82h.html the clubs will try and work it out, if they can't my understanding is Sherman will not be cleared by PVFC to KY FC for 2015, and Sherman either plays at PVFC or stands out of footy for 2015.

Ky will put in a clearance request in Feb when these things happen and it will get knocked back, then KY will look to appeal but will need to establish grounds, such as the contract was invalid because of X, Y & Z and it will end up at AFL Victoria because its an inter league matter. Last time I was privy to a matter identical to this, AFL Victoria ruled the player contract was valid and binding and said goodbye sort it out.

The club on the other side of the matter then decided once they couldn't get it to happen for free negotiated and it happened anyway. Most clubs bypass all that crap because they know where it ends up anyway and they just do the deal. Simple stuff really Bluejet.

Really it is in KY & Sherman's hands as far as I can tell as too which path this all heads down.

That's my take.

Mate, he is a likeable person. If he has overcome his injuries he will be very handy. If he is totally committed he is worth

Only two `ifs` and no `buts' ringo ... we note the measured tone....

I once won a prize for a share in a greyhound and while the notions of 'prize' and 'share in a greyhound' are paradoxical at best, and fantastical at worst, that `dog` milked me for plenty ... it would come out of the box backwards, fight , injure itself ... it never started a real race. A particularly poor decision to accept part-ownership of a dog with the pedigree of Old Yeller, ended with the only possible outcome. They shot him.
In the words of Guru Bob ...`Tink about dat .'

Benalla may be hard pressed to hold on to Josh Mellington for 2015. Albury chasing hard with a 5 K sign on and match payments multiples above what he was on this year. Will be interesting to see where he heads.

Ahhh another client good to hear about the sign on fee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back