Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please please tell me SOS is replacing John Barker as our defensive coach...
I dont think SOS will go back to coaching after having a role in list management. I think if he is to come back to carlton it will be in a administration role rather than a coaching role, list manager seems right seeing as we are looking for one.

If The Club wants SOS - that is good enough for me. Carlton is a much more professional organisation today than it was two years ago.
As for Rogers being a guru - gimme a break - ANYONE could do a better job than previous regime - ANYONE.
The whole guru recruiter notion flies in the face of how good organisations run their business. Carlton needs to develop a multi layered approach to finding , securing, nurturing, developing and managing player talent and organisational talent.
We don't want one star leading the place on field or off field - doesn't work and it is too risky.

:D .... Who needs the best coach? The best football manager? The best recruiter? The best players?

You need stars at every line. Just have to identify what being a star means and how they can add value to the whole.

The whole guru recruiter notion flies in the face of how good organisations run their business. Carlton needs to develop a multi layered approach to finding , securing, nurturing, developing and managing player talent and organisational talent.

We don't want one star leading the place on field or off field - doesn't work and it is too risky.
Ah, Rogers has doubled the amount of full time recruiters at the club and almost doubled the amount of scouts we have since he's been in charge.

Ah, Rogers has doubled the amount of full time recruiters at the club and almost doubled the amount of scouts we have since he's been in charge.

Yeah? Happy to hear that and happy to hear Rogers is being heard.

Always makes me laugh when people think that a recruiters job is done after he's selected some names up at the Gold Coast. :)

Yeah? Happy to hear that and happy to hear Rogers is being heard.

Always makes me laugh when people think that a recruiters job is done after he's selected some names up at the Gold Coast. :)
In 2012 it was Rogers and Hughes. Now it's Rogers, Jordan, Elliott and Harris working full time.

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2013-07-31/the-network-how-carltons-recruiting-system-works

“Our part-timers have also increased from 13 to 21 and we have representation in every state of Australia . . . our four scouts in South Australia are part-timers who would see 80-90 games and just as many do the same in Victoria. All of them operate on an honorarium because they love Carlton.”

“When I started I made a few changes,” Rogers said. “Coming from a business background one of the first was to ensure that there wasn’t a clicky little footy environment that you can sometimes get… at football clubs.

“The recruiters connected with us are all on KPIs, they’re measured yearly and if they don’t step up to the mark we’ll have to make changes and get better people in. But at the moment the network’s going really well and it’s as good as we’ve ever had it here.”

when his contract is up, dual premiership + norm smiths, dual brownlowists like yarran can't really be begrudged a brown paper bag full of blank cheques.

daresay has a better chance than eddie of his offer being at least matched.

I don't think everyone agrees with you on the fair bit, but oh well. Can't please everyone :p

When one can't back up what they say.........then they may not have much to say.

No one is ever right anyway. Our opinions are only as good as the net result..................which generally doesn't present until such a time that everyone's forgotten about what one may have said, anyway :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisbane Blue had a contact that said GWS's recent trade period was an absolute schemozzle, was SOS responsible for that, if so I don't know what he brings to the table as a List Manager.

The only big win he's really had post football is turning Lewis Roberts-Thompson into a footballer, so if we use him as a Development Coach, that might be OK.

Don't forget Jared Rivers. Turned him around into a very good footballer.

SOS would not be a negative for the club off field. Think of him as a bizzaro Kernahan.

SOS didn't exactly have a difficult task in putting together GWS list. Access to players before the draft and a ton of early picks, silver spoon fed was GWS and that's why I am glad players are leaving

I think there's space for SOS to be just a list manager while Rogers stays head of recruitment. I'll be peeved if Rogers goes though.

From the outside it looked as if Macca was in charge of list management as well, so it simply looks like the duties will be separated.
Having SOS back at the club is fantastic - he's finally come back home.

And we only went after Doc when we found out he supported Carlton.

I'm not sure how to take this post.
A highly ranked junior who wanted to come back to Melbourne after spending two years in Brisbane.
Reckon we did pretty well to get him for the price we paid.

A highly ranked junior who wanted to come back to Melbourne after spending two years in Brisbane.

I'm pretty sure you took it the wrong way :)

We're all pretty happy Sam.

I'm pretty sure you took it the wrong way :)

We're all pretty happy Sam.

Probably did.
Sam was a player that we really needed. A good user of the footy off HB.
Can't wait to see if he can develop so he can play through the midfield as well.

It was sarcastic :p it was making fun of those who believe we only got Doc because he supported us. I personally have the same opinion as you posted ;)

It was sarcastic :p it was making fun of those who believe we only got Doc because he supported us. I personally have the same opinion as you posted ;)

I thought as much, which is why I was a little surprised when I saw the post with no :p at the end of the sentence.

I thought as much, which is why I was a little surprised when I saw the post with no :p at the end of the sentence.
Haha all good. It probably makes more sense when you read it with the post I replied to ;)

NO - the CLUB doubled the amount of recruiters and scouts - a not so subtle difference in point of view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back