List Mgmt. 2014 Draft + DFA Talk Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Weller can go inside. And is elite outisde. We looked so slow this year in patches. And dont compare us to the hawks. They maybe "one paced" as you say. But the difference is they have alot more elite ball users. It makes them look alot quicker. Weller is tagged as the best kick in the draft. All rounded mid

But hey im not knocking ellis. If we take him. We take him
Mighy be a gun. Its just my opinin that i would rather weller

Ellis is a good long kick, his kicking will probably speed up Richmond's ball movement and make Richmond a quicker side.

Ellis is a good long kick, his kicking will probably speed up Richmond's ball movement and make Richmond a quicker side.

Exactly. Ellis doesn't run and carry with the ball much because it looks to me as though he's a very quick and efficient decision maker. Much better to advance the ball 50m with a precise kick to advantage than to run 50m and allow the opposition more time to set up defensively

Lol no bias of course. :D
I am Bias, Im from Keilor and Bias towards the keilor boys :D
What's amazing about it? the running goals, the clearances sure.
But what about his field kicking and his handballs? What about his awareness? all very poor in that clip
All players will have bits of play during games where certain disposals dont come off, His awareness is fine and is constantly aware where he is in regards to the opposition players and rarely gets caught with the ball and disposes of it intime (he tends to hold on a little longer but you need to look at the bigger picture and see what options he has)

What is a standout for me in that clip is the hunger he has for the game and constantly makes things out of nothing, He creates play and demands attention throughout the clip you see that he is getting attention from 2-3 players that to me says that the opposition is extremely aware of his presence and worried about him

his marking is exceptional, His running is brilliant and his strength is amazing , There is 2 disposals that was a bad in the entire clip and it was the hanball that was too high and hard which his team mate couldnt control & a short kick that fell 1 mtr short of his team mate but gee even the best players can make 1-2 mistakes apart from that.

Kids a player and most are trying to find negatives because we all know that FJ will not select him even if available but if we were to create a poll today and were promised that that player we chose would get selected for our club - Guess what Cockatoo would win hands down

Im nearly 50 and played/watched a hell of alot of football and have seen Ellis play numerous time living less that 1klm from the keilor ground but have only seen Nakia play live 2 times in 2013 and 1 game as a 15 yo but have a very good friend thats in the NT and has watched him a hell of alot and i rate his opinion highly. Nakia makes things happen and has all the Tools - But hey we wont get him so Ellis is a GUN

I am Bias, Im from Keilor and Bias towards the keilor boys :D

All players will have bits of play during games where certain disposals dont come off, His awareness is fine and is constantly aware where he is in regards to the opposition players and rarely gets caught with the ball and disposes of it intime (he tends to hold on a little longer but you need to look at the bigger picture and see what options he has)

What is a standout for me in that clip is the hunger he has for the game and constantly makes things out of nothing, He creates play and demands attention throughout the clip you see that he is getting attention from 2-3 players that to me says that the opposition is extremely aware of his presence and worried about him

his marking is exceptional, His running is brilliant and his strength is amazing , There is 2 disposals that was a bad in the entire clip and it was the hanball that was too high and hard which his team mate couldnt control & a short kick that fell 1 mtr short of his team mate but gee even the best players can make 1-2 mistakes apart from that.

Kids a player and most are trying to find negatives because we all know that FJ will not select him even if available but if we were to create a poll today and were promised that that player we chose would get selected for our club - Guess what Cockatoo would win hands down

Im nearly 50 and played/watched a hell of alot of football and have seen Ellis play numerous time living less that 1klm from the keilor ground but have only seen Nakia play live 2 times in 2013 and 1 game as a 15 yo but have a very good friend thats in the NT and has watched him a hell of alot and i rate his opinion highly. Nakia makes things happen and has all the Tools - But hey we wont get him so Ellis is a GUN

Fair enough Its your opinion.

About the creating the poll thing I don't get what your trying to say. That Cockatoo is a fan favourite? I get that. You know if we did the same poll 2 years ago Dayle Garlett would have been the fan favourite and where would that have gotten us?

About the creating the poll thing I don't get what your trying to say. That Cockatoo is a fan favourite? I get that. You know if we did the same poll 2 years ago Dayle Garlett would have been the fan favourite and where would that have gotten us?

what im trying to say that there are people here talking up Ellis based on 2 things
1. They have resigned to the fact that Ellis will be picked up by Richmond as he is a FJ type of selection and want to be the " Person that always wanted him at the start" and go on record as being a fan of his
2. reading the Article about 4 keilor boys and the quotes from his coach, Laverde/Ahern are better players than Ellis and are more dynamic but with Ellis there has been more continuity over a longer period of time at a reasonable level which makes his coaches opinions valid to a point but not always whats required at Richmond.

He is the steady as she goes safe'ish type of player that will play 150 games but he is never going to be your Simon black or Michael Voss but more of a Chris Newman 'Type' career

Nothing against newman as he was our captain and good stalwart but if he played in a better era he wouldnt of been a top 10 player in our team and wouldnt of played 250 games

Dayle Garlett was never a fan favourite for most. Proponents where simply proposing a value play and a first rounder was never in the equation for most talking him up!

t hate Ellis but there are better players available at our selection
Laverde,Wright,Weller,Cockatoo,Ahern,Lever,Duggan surely 1 would be available at our selection

Ellis at #17/18 - #25 sure no problem

Ellis is the type of player you may be able to trade for later to fine tune your list. Other prospects that seem to be around this mark simply will not be available after unless there is an unprojected mishap!

Where do you "hear" this stuff Stylo?

Emma Quayle wrote in her preview article that Lamb could be an option for Freo at 34 meaning he could be available at our pick 33.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know where Peter Bampton is projected to go. Been considered a late first, early second for most of the year and appears to have fallen back in the order in the back end of the season.

Anyone know where Peter Bampton is projected to go. Been considered a late first, early second for most of the year and appears to have fallen back in the order in the back end of the season.
Seems to have a bit of the Pongracic's about him.

Reading some of Cal Twoomey's draft article on afl website and really , to me, I really couldn't have read a better misdirection article if I tried.

Not sure if he is clueless or just a puppet performing a ruse but some of his club by club draft requirements could hardly be further from the truth.

Apart from any possible insider info I am happy to ignore his judgement on footy items!

The worst part was pumping up our need for RFC's outside mids over our back line,KPP and tall inside mids! Seriously, WTF! I must be on a different planet and RFC did not get reamed by Port!

At 186cm and 95kgs does anyone else think Petracca is a bit on the heavy side? You'd think his playing weight will only get heavier. Just feel as though 95-98kgs is far to heavy for a midfielder. Obviously won't be a endurance athlete. One would think that St Kilda would be after a fully blown midfield jet for the number one overall. Wonder why Brayshaw isn't in the picture...

For a comparative. Jobe Watson is around 95-97kgs, but is around 191cm at height.

Luke Hodge is around 185cm and 90 odd kgs. Never really been a Full time mid though.

Our very own Dustin Martin is listed on the rfc website at 187 and 90. Has never been classified as a full time mid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back