List Mgmt. 2014 Draft + DFA Talk Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

The big question is from our main list, who is in the potential delist spot for next year who is out of contract( Hampson has a year to go so don't mention him)?

Dea, Maddona, Foley, Mcintosh?

Dea would be very close, Mcintosh needs to progress and not stall like arnot because if doesn't he'll be fighting a upward battle. There may also be a few retirements Newman, Knights, Foley. Only Martin and Rance, i'd say are guarantees to be on the list, if their to sign. That is from those that are out of contract. In regards that some of the others that are out of contract may be traded to improve our draft position.

I'd say most of them except for Martin & Rance are in the gun depending on how they play in 2015
I don't think any of them can have a poor year when they are coming out of contract and expect to be re-signed.
Newman, Grigg, Dea, Petterd, Knights, Foley, Arnot & Thomas are probably the ones in the chamber right now, but the others wouldn't want to slack off.
How many go will probably depend on the draft quality next year, which isn't meant to be super deep at this stage.
I was really just looking at the 3 min ND picks we have to make. And add to that any player wanting to play for us.

The big question is from our main list, who is in the potential delist spot for next year who is out of contract( Hampson has a year to go so don't mention him)?

Dea, Maddona, Foley, Mcintosh?
Newman - writing is on the wall IMO.
Grigg - needs to find 2012 form or could be in trouble
Dea - needs to find consistency
Knights - needs to show injury curse is over
McIntosh - needs to show something
Foley - needs a good year like Grigg or could be in trouble
McDonough - see Dea
Elton - see McIntosh.

That is 8 off the top without even thinking about it. Didn't include the rookies as they don't matter either way. Think the rest are fairly safe.

Newman - writing is on the wall IMO.
Grigg - needs to find 2012 form or could be in trouble
Dea - needs to find consistency
Knights - needs to show injury curse is over
McIntosh - needs to show something
Foley - needs a good year like Grigg or could be in trouble
McDonough - see Dea
Elton - see McIntosh.

That is 8 off the top without even thinking about it. Didn't include the rookies as they don't matter either way. Think the rest are fairly safe.
Yep my thinking as well, but assume a few of these will do well this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely but then we still have to can 3 others.
Getting tougher each year which is a good sign.
Grigg,Elton,Knights,Lloyd,Gordon,Foley all wouldn't feel totally secure,Lucky for Batch & Hampson they both have contracts.

Lambert for me.
He'd be next in line for me, but I think he's the type that may be better staying at VFL level for a while to learn our gameplay before stepping in when we get an inevitable injury.
Even if we don't get a long term injury, he's more likely to get a 2nd year on the rookie list, Arnott is on his last chance.

How about you at least wait until the season gets started before you want to end their careers
How about we go by their age and what they have delivered in the last 2 years and make an assesment based on what they are delivering on the ground
Whilst both Foley & newman have been great servants of the club they are both past it and cant see them getting to their best

As far as Knights goes his body has been shot for 5 years and in todays football you cant carry players that play 5-6 games a year
Arnot has 1 year to prove he is AFL quality,Nothing we have seen so far apart from his build indicates he is upto it but good luck to the kid if he does

Remove this Banner Ad

Back