Preview National Draft discussion (Picks 14, 35, 43, 58)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If we get wright or lever were going midfielder at 35.
Brayden Maynard
Dean Gore
Connor Menadue
Touk Miller
Dillon Vioja Rainbow
Peter Bampton
Oscar Mcdonald
Alex Neal Bullen
Id say most of these blokes will be snapped up between 24 - 34 leaving our pick at 35 a little like our pick 14. Itl come down to other clubs and what their preference is, Maynard, Neal Bullen and Miller have solid games and could become really good players. In my opinion Vioja Rainbow and Menadue will be gone by 35. Both could be great wingers/flankers.
I also like Harrison Wigg for 35

Interesting. Durdin had really gone off our radar based on rumours that either (a) freo are keen on him and (b) we've cooled on him. Perhaps all this talk linking us to Langford was red herring stuff?
If anyone had said we would get Durdin 3 months ago ...this board would have been off their head with excitement

It's all about expectations

If anyone had said we would get Durdin 3 months ago ...this board would have been off their head with excitement

It's all about expectations
I don't have a problem with Durdin..... Yet. There's no reason he can't play KPP.

yes a great kick .....but not the reason to recruit a player unless we have a real need ......Brown & Jaensch good kicks
He's a lefty. Changes the predictability of our transition out of defence or through link play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brayden Maynard
Dean Gore
Connor Menadue
Touk Miller
Dillon Vioja Rainbow
Peter Bampton
Alex Neal Bullen
Id say most of these blokes will be snapped up between 24 - 34 leaving our pick at 35 a little like

our pick 14. Itl come down to other clubs and what their preference is, Maynard, Neal Bullen and Miller have solid games and could become really good players. In my opinion Vioja Rainbow and Menadue will be gone by 35. Both could be great wingers/flankers.

Wiggs an interesting one,i believe hel still be there at 43 but someone like hawthorn will probably want him. Left footer, big kick, fits their bill. If hes there at 43 could be a good pick up.

Brayden Maynard
Dean Gore
Connor Menadue
Touk Miller
Dillon Vioja Rainbow
Peter Bampton
Oscar Mcdonald
Alex Neal Bullen
Id say most of these blokes will be snapped up between 24 - 34 leaving our pick at 35 a little like our pick 14. Itl come down to other clubs and what their preference is, Maynard, Neal Bullen and Miller have solid games and could become really good players. In my opinion Vioja Rainbow and Menadue will be gone by 35. Both could be great wingers/flankers.
I'd draft Vioja Rainbow on his name alone.

So does playing Grigg off HB ;)
I like your work. I'm just working on the lefty brigade a fair bit as it was mentioned by Philthy in his appointment.
Making our patterns of moving the ball less predictable appeals to me and I think it is a key in any top eight side that you are better if you are keeping your opposition guessing. Of coarse you don't just pick left for the sake of it. You are going to go the best that suits at your pick.

I have no idea where this draft will head but I would be happy with any of this:

#14: Lever/Cockatoo/Goddard/Langford
#35: McKenzie/McDonald/Vioja Rainbow
#42: Wigg/Ramsey/Gore
#59: Daniel/Markov

Btw, is Langford related to Will?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back