Preview National Draft discussion (Picks 14, 35, 43, 58)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have no idea where this draft will head but I would be happy with any of this:

#14: Lever/Cockatoo/Goddard/Langford
#35: McKenzie/McDonald/Vioja Rainbow
#42: Wigg/Ramsey/Gore
#59: Daniel/Markov

Btw, is Langford related to Will?
Very good list, I'd chuck Bampton in there at #43 as well, he's an inside mid which we're solid with but so is Gore.

The AFL draft is nothing more than a lottery

• 1 hour ago November 24, 2014 8:30PM
The classic example of the shifting of power in the pivotal recruiting decision — in particular who is the first pick at a national draft — is perfectly highlighted in 2006 at Port Adelaide. Had the call on the Power’s No. 5 pick stayed in the coach’s office, Port Adelaide would have claimed Glenelg teenager James Sellar (who ultimately went to Adelaide at No. 14 and is now out of the game after finishing his AFL career at Melbourne).

The Power’s recruiting staff insisted on Victorian-born midfielder Travis Boak, the club’s current captain. It is a decision Port Adelaide will never regret.

Adelaide’s recruiting staff and football chief David Noble already has played a significant card that seemed in play on its whiteboard well before new coach Phil Walsh was formally appointed at West Lakes.
http://www.news.com.au/sport/the-af...e-than-a-lottery/story-fnaqgujp-1227133213467

Oh I wasn't being negative re Durdin.

Simply that both Skippos and Campbell's Chunky have indicated we will take Langford - that's usually pretty good mail.
That would be my preference ......of course would prefer Wright or Lever even more

Is Nakia Cockatoo out of the equation ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh I wasn't being negative re Durdin.

Simply that both Skippos and Campbell's Chunky have indicated we will take Langford - that's usually pretty good mail.
It's a tough one if both were to be available. They will have their decision made by now. Durdin broke his hand, that would've really affected his performance and if he to fill out in the next couple of years there is a lot of potential, especially as a KPD. Having said that, Langford is underage and tearing it up, could even grow another couple of centimeters. Plus Cockatoo has been linked a little to us as well according to Thwomey...the more I think about it, we could really have 5-6 players that wouldn't shock me if we landed them at 14.

Do posters in here think that Walshy would have some inside knowledge of who the Power were thinking of selecting in this years draft? Especially given he obviously came over to us, late this year.

Would it matter?

We wouldn't pick a player because we believe Port is :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back