Australia vs India - Second Test @ GABBA - Dec 17-21 - Day 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get a lead of 100 and have 15 overs at them tomorrow night, we're in the box seat

Going to need a big partnership between Smith and Marsh for that to happen.

Hell even 50-60 behind and that isn't too bad, just requires good bowling.

image of the day

201137.3.jpg

keep your eyes open son

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably get shot down by cricket lovers (as opposed to a casual cricket fan i.e. me) but surely Watson has to go (or soon). He's never had a rich vein of form that allows him to have a slump, and surely even last summer his 100s (or 1 of them) came when 2 or 3 others smacked the Poms too - not like Smith in Perth for example. Really don't see why we need Watson. I guess people may argue who could replace him...

Think we're doing really well without Clarke and Harris, and an injured Mitch Marsh so far. I think unless Johnson (or Starc in response to criticism) pulls a rabbit out we may struggle to get 20 wickets in time to get the runs, but it's not out of our reach and a draw is more than salvagable.

Not a bad day; we restricted India to something manageable and our position at 4/214 looks at least OK, but Marsh's dismissal was unneeded.

Maybe evens, wouldn't say it was all Australia today no matter how much Tubby pumps our tyres.

Annoying that Dohni simply says, 'I'm gunna bowl the quicks' and that's the end of the days play.
4/220 v 6/97.

Clearly we won today, even taking into account it was the bottom of their order and the top of our order.

The test, however, is still very even. Pretty much about as 50/50 as you can get. India probably slightly ahead but very little in it.

His eyes close after he drops the ball to be fair. The ball fell further in front of him than he was expecting, still a bad drop though.
I never took outfield/skied catches that way, always took them with fingers pointing up. I found that way I rarely dropped one.

Probably get shot down by cricket lovers (as opposed to a casual cricket fan i.e. me) but surely Watson has to go (or soon). He's never had a rich vein of form that allows him to have a slump, and surely even last summer his 100s (or 1 of them) came when 2 or 3 others smacked the Poms too - not like Smith in Perth for example. Really don't see why we need Watson. I guess people may argue who could replace him...

Think we're doing really well without Clarke and Harris, and an injured Mitch Marsh so far. I think unless Johnson (or Starc in response to criticism) pulls a rabbit out we may struggle to get 20 wickets in time to get the runs, but it's not out of our reach and a draw is more than salvagable.
Certainly won't get shot down. Watson has to go. He hasn't scored well in ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back