OK - I'll take three options (in no particular order):

Option 1
Sloane - Captain
Danger OR Tex - Vice Captain
VB
Talia
Betts

Option 2
Danger - Captain (if committed to new contract beforehand)
Sloane - Vice Captain
Tex
VB
Talia
Betts

Option 3
VB - Captain
Sloane - Vice Captain
Tex
Danger
Talia
Betts

Imo Sauce will be in the leadership group

leadership group should be-

Sloane - Captain
Tex - vice captain
Talia
Danger (if commits)
Betts

VB to become - junior developer

Considering the Leadership player development Role that Glass has been targeted for I can't see your role for VB will fly

Sauce is also highly rated by the players so I can't see the big guy dropping out of the leadership group

Considering the Leadership player development Role that Glass has been targeted for I can't see your role for VB will fly

Sauce is also highly rated by the players so I can't see the big guy dropping out of the leadership group
Correct - sauce I expect will stay in the leadership group ahead of the likes of Betts.

National draft next week
Announcement of Douglas & Sloan's re-signing over the following 2 weeks.
Just eke things out to keep us in the news
Rucci off to Italy for his holiday after next week so he won't be commenting on anything :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we have a perfect mix of leadership qualities with our "Big 3".... really good diversity to help bring this group together:

"The Advertiser understands Walker is peerless when it comes to delivering a message and having an influence on the group, while Dangerfield is a lead-by-example player and Sloane sets a standard with his communication and relationship skills"

Agree, but there is the chance that it will be sold as a 'stepping down to concentrate on footy and allow for generational change' if it ends up not being VB. It was very strong though, either from the heart or he applied his media training a little too fervently.
Might be able to sell that in 2-3 years time. Can't see anyone falling for that line while VB is still on the younger side of 30.

did the big guy just get dropped out of the leadership group? welcome talia?

my reason for VB is Glass is part time and our youth need a quality player at training that will line up for time trial run and say to the youth of the club "catch me".

sloane for captain, tex for vice

did the big guy just get dropped out of the leadership group? welcome talia?

my reason for VB is Glass is part time and our youth need a quality player at training that will line up for time trial run and say to the youth of the club "catch me".

sloane for captain, tex for vice

imo bit of a shock

my preference would have been Sauce before Thompson

ST will lead by example whether he is in the group or not

imo bit of a shock

I agree believe it or not, Thompson will lead no matter what.
Good to see Talia in the group, it would bother me more if he was left out

Sauce is a little interesting.
To much calling himself tall mid in the locker room perhaps ;)

To be fair he was our best outside mid this year. That run and carry down the wing followed by a bullet pass against GWS at Skoda made me shout "Mackay why the **** can't you do that?"

imo bit of a shock

He won't lead in any race to spread back into defence. There are 3 young mids in Lyons, m crouch and grigg who will place significant pressure on both Thommo and VB.

What this says to me is that whilst a harder edge has emanated from the boardroom, the playing list hasn't adjusted quite as quickly.

According to adelaidenow article, Walsh quoted as saying the new captain will have to get the job done on the field. I don't necessarily think that translates purely to playing performance alone as there's a lot of on-field in-game leadership required. However, I do consider that any captain who has relied upon statements like, "he's amazing throughout the week, his off-field work is first class", is now seeing a different job description being applied to the role.

I think this is part of overall cultural change at our club. Where the hidden, behind the scenes, worlds best practice performance, which oddly has produced SFA on-field, is being traded out for a philosophy of success being about on-field performance.

Apologies, I don't know how to copy/paste the article link on iPad. It's in the news.com.au site so isn't limited there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back