List Mgmt. Which free agent should we be targeting?

Which free agent should we be throwing everything at?

• Dangerfield

Votes: 80 70.2%
  • Hawkins

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • Rance

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other

Votes: 19 16.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Danger if any, but I think the timing has to be right for a big-name FA signing. Our last big name signings came at the end of 2009 in Jolly and Ball (admittedly not FA though). Our list was thereabouts and needed to plug a hole or two to make it to the big dance. I'll be pleasantly surprised if we finish outside the 8 this year and still manage to sign Danger. The danger is though, considering that you're almost always going to overpay a FA, is that if you get it wrong you're left with restricted cap space and be stuck in a rut as that top 4-6 team while missing something that could make you a top 2 team (the jump that we made from 2009 to 2010). There'll be more FA's available at the end of 2016 and 2017 also so it may be the ballsier, and wiser, move to hold off on Danger if the price isn't right.

Pies, Hawks and Cats are the teams putting in a fair bit of effort into getting danger already apparently.
They must have good accountants mate or their premiership stars would need to be playing for massive unders.

Danger if any, but I think the timing has to be right for a big-name FA signing. Our last big name signings came at the end of 2009 in Jolly and Ball (admittedly not FA though). Our list was thereabouts and needed to plug a hole or two to make it to the big dance. I'll be pleasantly surprised if we finish outside the 8 this year and still manage to sign Danger. The danger is though, considering that you're almost always going to overpay a FA, is that if you get it wrong you're left with restricted cap space and be stuck in a rut as that top 4-6 team while missing something that could make you a top 2 team (the jump that we made from 2009 to 2010). There'll be more FA's available at the end of 2016 and 2017 also so it may be the ballsier, and wiser, move to hold off on Danger if the price isn't right.

A lot of good points dog.:thumbsu:

For mine we will be more the wiser as to where we sit in the premiership hunt at years end and this will allow both Danger, Hine and Co to make a more informed decision as to where the clubs at and whether we make a full scale assault for his services.

Obviously in the mean time we need to show genuine interest in the hope that the list develops faster and performs better in 2015 than I for one expect.

Last edited:
Forget Dangerfield, his granddaddy has already said that he will land at Geelong, and he'll start to get lazy and fat. We need the new "revolution".

an instance of revolving.
"one revolution a second"
synonyms: single turn, turn, rotation, circle, whirl, twirl, spin, wheel, roll, round, cycle, circuit, lap
"the prop shaft turns 4.7 times for one revolution of a road wheel"
  • the movement of an object in a circular or elliptical course around another or about an axis or centre.
    "revolution about the axis of rotation"
    synonyms: turning, gyration, rotation, circumrotation, wheeling, turning around, circling, whirling, twirling, spinning, swivelling, rolling, orbital motion, orbiting, orbit;
    rarecircumgyration
    "the rate of revolution of the earth"
  • a single orbit of one object around another or about an axis or centre.
    "near the solar equator the sun takes about 26 days to complete one revolution"
Origin

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forget Dangerfield, his granddaddy has already said that he will land at Geelong, and he'll start to get lazy and fat. We need the new "revolution".

IF I was a betting man I would have him going to the Cats

Imagine Matt Suckling taking kick ins an delivering it to Cloke.

None. Use 1st + 2nd picks to trade up to grab Weid.
:confused:

th

;)

Dangerfield, every single time. Wouldn't mind at all if Hawkins came to us but that is just not going to happen. Danger is on the move and we must be in the market.

We need to land a big fish, we keep throwing out the bait and getting nibbles but just haven't reeled in a big one.

How delicious would it be if we are able to get Dangerfield and James Aish waves goodbye to the Lions in favour of the crows. That is the sweetest of dreams.

Dangerfield, every single time. Wouldn't mind at all if Hawkins came to us but that is just not going to happen. Danger is on the move and we must be in the market.

We need to land a big fish, we keep throwing out the bait and getting nibbles but just haven't reeled in a big one.

How delicious would it be if we are able to get Dangerfield and James Aish waves goodbye to the Lions in favour of the crows. That is the sweetest of dreams.

I think we would have more Chance of Getting Aish then Danager

I think we would have more Chance of Getting Aish then Danager
Aish would need to be traded. There is 0 chance that the Lions are going to trade him to us. I don't want him anyway, we have young kids developing we need another ready made midfielder.

Back