Peptides! *The * Dopers: come smell the bull****! ESSENDON FANS NOT WANTED

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would the AFL approach the players with a plea bargain discussion if they didn't know they were guilty?

They may well not get a conviction, but there is no doubt in my mind that they're guilty.

They should turn this into a reality tv show and have "viewers" vote to decide guilt/innocence and length of punishment :D
Club is erased from the history books and all premierships cups are to be handed to the runners up.

Too harsh?

What is this "may" need permission. THEY ARE SUSPENDED. THEY CANNOT PLAY ANY LEVEL OF AFL. If they're following the letter of the law, they can't even play VFL.

What is this "may" need permission. THEY ARE SUSPENDED. THEY CANNOT PLAY ANY LEVEL OF AFL. If they're following the letter of the law, they can't even play VFL.

Ideally they should be banned from playing sport.

The only balls they should be allowed to play with with 24 months are their own / each others!

Would the AFL approach the players with a plea bargain discussion if they didn't know they were guilty?

They may well not get a conviction, but there is no doubt in my mind that they're guilty.
My reading of it that the two Bulldogs players' legal rep approached the AFL about getting a reduced sentence for a guilty plea. The AFL said no.

If the tribunal is ongoing, it will look pretty poor.

Meanwhile.....
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...195249617?nk=eaceb359f6ee44df9da5a6a815647c58

Oh, but the tribunal is taking its time, and I think it's important that they do so.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-7862-1347139812-7.gif

Another afl.com piece pumping up the Bombers big pre-season. Nearly one a day now. I am more pi---ed about it now than when it started.

Another afl.com piece pumping up the Bombers big pre-season. Nearly one a day now. I am more pi---ed about it now than when it started.
There was a fluff piece on the TV news this evening - James Albert Hird snickering in the background. Made me want to vomit. Who's orchestrating this crap? Mr Little? Mr Hird? F*ck me. I just want them put away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing gunna happen to them,slap with a wet lettuce and DONT do it again

Exactly, I've thought it from the beginning, Essendon are to financially important to the AFL.

The good news is though that they have had to spend a lot of money on the legal, and the drama has set them back a little in their quest to move forward.

What is really going to suck is when they start to be real competitors the media will be all discussing their rise from the ashes etc. and similar bulldust narratives.

There was a fluff piece on the TV news this evening - James Albert Hird snickering in the background. Made me want to vomit. Who's orchestrating this crap? Mr Little? Mr Hird? **** me. I just want them put away.

Doing their own little triathalon .... Why didn't they just compete in an officially sanctioned triathalon ? ... pit themselves against pro's and amateurs alike ...

oh wait a sec , they have drug testers .

;)

Doing their own little triathalon .... Why didn't they just compete in an officially sanctioned triathalon ? ... pit themselves against pro's and amateurs alike ...

oh wait a sec , they have drug testers .

;)
Yeah believe it or not when an athlete is provisionally suspended they aren't supposed to compete in proper competitions...

Yeah believe it or not when an athlete is provisionally suspended they aren't supposed to compete in proper competitions...

Somebody forgot to send that letter to the AFL. It obviously ended up in the same letter box as the one from doc reed

Exactly, I've thought it from the beginning, Essendon are to financially important to the AFL.

The good news is though that they have had to spend a lot of money on the legal, and the drama has set them back a little in their quest to move forward.

What is really going to suck is when they start to be real competitors the media will be all discussing their rise from the ashes etc. and similar bulldust narratives.

Does anyone think they are going to make it though? By the time Danniher arrives Watson, Stanton, Goddard, Chapman and Cooney will be gone. A couple of those might be gone already. I look at Essendon and see Hawthorn 2001.

Does anyone think they are going to make it though? By the time Danniher arrives Watson, Stanton, Goddard, Chapman and Cooney will be gone. A couple of those might be gone already. I look at Essendon and see Hawthorn 2001.
I think they are already on the slide. The ongoing investigation has severely impaired their recruiting which in turn has ruined their depth and the talent coming through. Infractions or not, this will affect them for the next decade.

Another fluff piece on afl.com today beyond a joke. Hird commenting on how amazingly 'focused' the team is considering the last two years. What are they on Ritalin now?

Nothing but Kool Aid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back