Game Day Round 1, 2023: Hawthorn v Essendon, MCG 3.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be nice if we could win the last quarter, but we seem to be losing more and more confidence as the game wears on.

As weird as it sounds, I'd still rather our position than Essendon's. I cannot see how they win in September with their list, and feel like they will be stuck in limbo like the Saints - a halfway house.

Could be proven wrong, but just think their list is a bit weird.

Honestly I'm just surprised it took Essendon so long to realise we weren't exactly putting up much resistance whenever they had the ball.

This is a really bad effort, no way to spin it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think there is a lack of effort. There will be plenty more of these results after losing over 1000 games of experience in the off-season.

It would be nice if we could win the last quarter, but we seem to be losing more and more confidence as the game wears on.
Getting 6+ goal beatings will not be good for moral or learning for the young ones.

Look I know Kosi was playing a bad game but he was still competing and taking an opposition tall. Now all our rushed kicks are going straight to the Essendon talls.
We'd have a better chance at a goal with it in their hands that Kosi's.

Dylan Moore moved to HB is a head scratcher

We look sluggish and dead on our legs, but I feel like its a product of how the game has been played.

For about 2 quarters we kicked into our forward line, ball never got locked in, and rebounded IMMEDIATELY back at us. Meant we basically ran out our legs forever in forward-to-back transitions. Reflected in the posession stats too, where we have just been chasing.

Our fitness quickly gets eaten up if we never get a chance to make our opposition work.

1679208208604.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back