Preview Round 24, 2023 : Hawthorn v Fremantle, MCG 1:45pm August 26th

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have talked me into trading Brayshaw out of my supercoach final !
nah, hes still averaging good stats. its just less damaging ones. also just quietly, young has started to become a midfielder. the one with an elite inside 50 kick. so not sure if its a good idea moving forward to concentrate on brayshaw and dare the rest of the freo midfield to beat you (which for this year it has failed to do).
the only con is young doesn't have the tank for midfield yet and get exposed in the 4th quarter. which isn't ideal, but good hes moved in there i suppose.

Re Finn tagging Brayshaw, let him chase the ball while his confidence is up might surprise a few and show what he is capable of himself.
I hope that:

1/ After the comments last week Mitchell asks him what he'd like to do this week - tag or chase the ball. Last game of the year, nothing on the line, give the kid his choice.
2/ I would hope that Finn continues to want to tag and do a bloody awesome job of it again this week to stick it up his detractors.

nah, hes still averaging good stats. its just less damaging ones. also just quietly, young has started to become a midfielder. the one with an elite inside 50 kick. so not sure if its a good idea moving forward to concentrate on brayshaw and dare the rest of the freo midfield to beat you (which for this year it has failed to do).
the only con is young doesn't have the tank for midfield yet and get exposed in the 4th quarter. which isn't ideal, but good hes moved in there i suppose.
I really rate Young. Can do some serious damage.

Surprised that Long isn’t even on the emergency list
All of the players named on the emergency list and in consideration for the sub spot this week are ineligible for Box Hill's finals campaign. The Box Hill players will be having a big training session on Saturday morning to try and stimulate game conditions as they've played 2 games since their last bye. Reckon it was decided it is better to give them a full hit out at AFL level or in training rather than limited time.

Metropolitan Hotel, Grote St. One of the owners is a Hawks member.

It's also my home pub, so I'm a teensy bit biased.

Bewdy. Recon done

d667bc24adda56bae6c3c3bc7c678947.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

IMG_1149.jpeg
I went to Waverley again this morning, all named 22 players are there and all named emergencies were also there. Based on that I can’t see any late change.

After the training and while I’m asking for players to sign my kids footy, I asked multiple players on who’s the sub.
Most didn’t know or refused to answer, Frenchie mentioned Meeky.
I then asked Meek who was the last to leave the oval and he said it will be him (assuming he understood my question).

View attachment 1784856
I went to Waverley again this morning, all named 22 players are there and all named emergencies were also there. Based on that I can’t see any late change.

After the training and while I’m asking for players to sign my kids footy, I asked multiple players on who’s the sub.
Most didn’t know or refused to answer, Frenchie mentioned Meeky.
I then asked Meek who was the last to leave the oval and he said it will be him (assuming he understood my question).
Another baffling sub choice. But hopefully it means Frenchie will get to play VFL finals.

For a game with seemingly little riding on it, for us it has a lot riding on it. For the first time in a long time we are going in favourites against a team that is not North or WCE. In the past we haven’t been able to handle the expectations as favourites as one would hope. We need to atone for this, as a statement of our improvement.

Furthermore, the age and game profile of the combatants is pretty similar, so we should get a good gauge of where we are at in terms of our development. Interesting times. And no excuses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

should be an interesting game i reckon, lots of experimentation out there, word is that Cox will swing forward for us

we did belt yous early in the year but youve clearly improved a lot since then, Smitchell definitely is shaping up to be a very astute coach.
list profiles are quite similar despite some narratives, expect some close games in the future

1692933286785.png

Another baffling sub choice. But hopefully it means Frenchie will get to play VFL finals.
Meek plays against his old side, while Serong plays against his brother and Ryan plays against his cousin.

Frenchie isn't eligible for the finals, and an exemption is incredibly unlikely to be granted even though he played a few games as sub, meaning that he is done for the season.

Meek plays against his old side, while Serong plays against his brother and Ryan plays against his cousin.

Frenchie isn't eligible for the finals, and an exemption is incredibly unlikely to be granted even though he played a few games as sub, meaning that he is done for the season.
The club must be hopeful that it still might be granted to not take the opportunity to give him even limited AFL minutes when the alternative is that it's the end of his season at all levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back