Stuff you've always wondered

Remove this Banner Ad

lol 1998, so before they were good. Didn't win her first slam until '99 and then peaked much later on.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Both sisters have played male hitting partners when in their prime and been hammered. They wouldn't get near any of the top 300 male players. There is nothing wrong with that. How far down the fastest 'x' men in the world would you have to get before the womens 100m olympic gold medal winner could win a race?

On a similar vein, I've always wondered how many people were lining up to get something to eat or going to the toilet when Brendon Goddard took that mark in the 2010 Grand Final, or when the siren went for the draw. Was every single person in their seats at that moment, captivated by the game?
Definitely not all them. I was working a bar at the MCG drawn grand final and there was a dozen or so people milling around the bar watching the game on the screen. Could not work it out. All they had to do was walk 15 metres to their seats?

Did you read the article?

Both Williams sisters challanged a man ranked 203 in the world, one set each and lost 6-1 and 6-2 after the guy played a round of golf and had a few drinks beforehand

They then wanted to challange someone ranked around 350 in the world, but that guy was about to be ranked around there because he was losing ranking points, but they declined.

Once you get past 100 ranking, all the blokes are similiar and jumping around the rankings depending on tournament results. The girls cant beat any of them, really only the young kids who are ranked there I'd say, but then who knows

He made the comment that the men spin the ball way too much, its something they wouldnt see when they play so they struggle against it, and so many of their winners arent a winner against men because they have the agility to get back to them and return constantly
I would put every cent I have on every men in the top 100 beaten any women in the world at a game of tennis. It wouldn't even be a contest. World number 200 v Serena in a proper match? Serana might have a chance. But I doubt it.

If Serena played week in week out on the mens tour from a young age and got the constant practice required to go up the levels, she might crack the top 100. But I wouldn't be confident in it happening.

The power with which the men hit is to hard. Too fast around the court. Get too many balls back. Too much spin.

The fastest women in the world over 100 meters this year ran 10.80. Nearly 240 men have run 10.30 or better. There would be at least 1000 men who have broken 10.80 this year. Similar story in tennis.

People who work weekends and public holidays. How and why do you do it? Cant think of anything worse...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does shagging women who have had children actually feel much different?

Do nationalistic bogans who drive around with "***k off, we're full" stickers know the 5th and 6th lines of the second verse in the national anthem?

lol for real?

Hes competitive and earns great money

Looks like the real Aussie way is to disrespect any sportsman who continues to play at the top level though not being the absolute best

Probably the dumbest statement I've seen in a long time. Really, really dumb.

edit: I'm still just sitting here shocked as to why someone would question why a top athlete who plays at the top level and wins games and earns lots of money doing it, would actually do it. Its just staggeringly stupid to even ask that question. He plays, he wins games, he makes 2nd/3rd rounds in Grand Slams and other tournaments against the top players in the world. He has an ability few few people in this world have, probably only 50 people can do it better than him, and you question why he does it.

Mind boggling.
couldnt agree more with you

lol for real?

Hes competitive and earns great money

Looks like the real Aussie way is to disrespect any sportsman who continues to play at the top level though not being the absolute best

Probably the dumbest statement I've seen in a long time. Really, really dumb.

edit: I'm still just sitting here shocked as to why someone would question why a top athlete who plays at the top level and wins games and earns lots of money doing it, would actually do it. Its just staggeringly stupid to even ask that question. He plays, he wins games, he makes 2nd/3rd rounds in Grand Slams and other tournaments against the top players in the world. He has an ability few few people in this world have, probably only 50 people can do it better than him, and you question why he does it.

Mind boggling.
I think many great sportsmen have a real issue retiring at the right time though. Not sure about Lleyton as I don't follow tennis really closely.

Many just don't want to accept that they're not that prime 25 year old anymore who could get it done regularly.

Look at Michael Jordan, game winning jumpshot to win his sixth title in his final season with the Bulls. Picturesque scene, couldn't probably write an ending better but his competitive itch brought him out of retirement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back