The Death Penalty for Chan

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In regards to pure logic

Why are drink and smoke bosses not getting the 12 man firing squad.

Logic.

Deal with it
Pay off politicians, wrap yourself in the often immoral legitimacy of law, and you can sell death itself. Then watch all the idiots defend you with "But it's legal!"

That's not logic at all

When it comes down to it, those things are not illegal are they?

Deal with it you illogical numb nut

Wait, is it the illegality of the drugs, or their (potentially) harmful effects that warrants the death penalty for peddlers? You've just shifted the goalposts.

Just out of interest, do you think that those selling (illegal) chop chop tobacco deserve the firing squad? That is both illegal and harmful...

Wait, is it the illegality of the drugs, or their (potentially) harmful effects that warrants the death penalty for peddlers? You've just shifted the goalposts.

Just out of interest, do you think that those selling (illegal) chop chop tobacco deserve the firing squad? That is both illegal and harmful...

I haven't shifted anything

If the law is the death penalty for selling green in the country they are selling it in and get caught, then that is the consequence isn't it.

I haven't shifted anything

If the law is the death penalty for selling green in the country they are selling it in and get caught, then that is the consequence isn't it.

Yep, absolutely. As I said in my original post, I'm not defending their stupidity. The strict laws over there are pretty well known, so you would have to be incredibly silly to attempt to smuggle that amount of heroin (or any amount of any substance) into, or out of Bali. But that is not what I am talking about - what I am saying is that the law itself is shitty and extremely outdated. This hard line approach to drugs i.e. the 'War on Drugs' isn't working, and will never work.

Yep, absolutely. As I said in my original post, I'm not defending their stupidity. The strict laws over there are pretty well known, so you would have to be incredibly silly to attempt to smuggle that amount of heroin (or any amount of any substance) into, or out of Bali. But that is not what I am talking about - what I am saying is that the law itself is shitty and extremely outdated. This hard line approach to drugs i.e. the 'War on Drugs' isn't working, and will never work.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing similar drug punishments in Australia.

Unfortunately there have been recent executions where the condemned have bled out and taken ten minutes or so to die. Not even a 'finishing shot' from the commander was performed. Terrible if you ask me.

One thing to have a death penalty which many disagree with, but to allow unneeded suffering is rather ghastly.
Same applies to the Iranians hung from cranes (they are strangled to death as they are slowly suspended using a crane, as opposed to having their necks broken instantaneously which would render the condemned unconscious within seconds- hence the 'long drop' was invented).

The war on drugs will never be won; as long as people are prepared (or forced through addiction) to pay a premium for drugs, there will always be the demand for a Mr Big willing to make money from it. As much as I disagree with it, microeconomic principles will apply where there is a demand for a product somebody will be prepared to supply and price accordingly. Unfortunately, it's generally the small time traffickers that cop the final verdict with Mr Big being too smart to carry the goods themselves.

Last edited:

Comments like this annoy me. How do you know that a hard line approach doesn't work?

This middling soft approach of recovery and rehabilitation is certainly not working. Have you seen the drug related crime figures?

I think there should be must stricter penalties on trafficking, dealing and possession.

Jailing the users won't do much.

Comments like this annoy me. How do you know that a hard line approach doesn't work?

This middling soft approach of recovery and rehabilitation is certainly not working. Have you seen the drug related crime figures?

I think there should be must stricter penalties on trafficking, dealing and possession.

Jailing the users won't do much.

america has death penalty and life in jail - potentially for only selling ganja three times

america has private prison system - 5% of the worlds population. 25% of the worlds prison population. Fact.

america is the creator and enforcer of the 'war on drug' (war on terror, too).

do you agree this is a hardline approach?

its not working.

Unfortunately there have been recent executions where the condemned have bled out and taken ten minutes or so to die. Not even a 'finishing shot' from the commander was performed. Terrible if you ask me.

One thing to have a death penalty which many disagree with, but to allow unneeded suffering is rather ghastly.
Same applies to the Iranians hung from cranes (they are strangled to death as they are slowly suspended using a crane, as opposed to having their necks broken instantaneously which would render the condemned unconscious within seconds- hence the 'long drop' was invented).

The war on drugs will never be won; as long as people are prepared (or forced through addiction) to pay a premium for drugs, there will always be the demand for a Mr Big willing to make money from it. As much as I disagree with it, microeconomic principles will apply where there is a demand for a product somebody will be prepared to supply and price accordingly. Unfortunately, it's generally the small time traffickers that cop the final verdict with Mr Big being too smart to carry the goods themselves.

bloody hell

why not?

That's not logic at all

Yes it is. Thats how logic works. If you can apply a set of rules to one thing. the logic part says you can apply said rules to another thing. if its apples for apples.

in america a few decades ago grog was illegal. maybe they will be illegal again soon?

why is tabbaco legal given itd be #1 or close to #1 in the way people die? Remember - you are the one that started banging on about logic.

the law in regards to the banning of drugs is only as newish thing.

Last edited:

This is why North Korea use 'sharpened hammers'

practical really

Last edited:
Maybe they don't want to waste the extra bullet for the 'amnesty shot'? Or else it's torture to prolong the agony of death.

Have a read of (or don't maybe better to spare the grim details)
http://www.news.com.au/world/asia/g...myuran-sukumaran/story-fnh81fz8-1227187847674

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/pr...eaths-for-court/2008/09/18/1221331060880.html

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/justice-looms-in-a-dark-forest/story-e6freo8c-1111117847953

I'm sure there are plenty of other articles too.

Yeah but they deserve it according to the sick *s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bloody hell

why not?

Yes it is. Thats how logic works. If you can apply a set of rules to one thing. the logic part says you can apply said rules to another thing. if its apples for apples.

in america a few decades ago grog was illegal. maybe they will be illegal again soon?

why is tabbaco legal given itd be #1 or close to #1 in the way people die? Remember - you are the one that started banging on about logic.

the law in regards to the banning of drugs is only as newish thing.

Maybe they don't want to waste the extra bullet for the 'amnesty shot'? Or else it's torture to prolong the agony of death.

Have a read of (or don't maybe better to spare the grim details)
http://www.news.com.au/world/asia/g...myuran-sukumaran/story-fnh81fz8-1227187847674

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/pr...eaths-for-court/2008/09/18/1221331060880.html

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/justice-looms-in-a-dark-forest/story-e6freo8c-1111117847953

I'm sure there are plenty of other articles too.

Having a guess, but if Indo do the 1 bullet only, so nobody knows which gunman it was, they cant or wont ask a specific gunman to have to do the deed, and reloading all the guns etc isnt seen as practical/takes too long anyway

Obviously its stupid, but thats possibly the thinking behind it

I know other firing squads it used to be just 1 blank round to give some consolation to the shooters. You should be able to request a head shot imo. 6/6 split for me thanks.

That's not logic at all

check this out:

CIA's past role in importing huge amounts of cocaine into the U.S. that was aggressively sold in ghettos across the country to raise money for the Nicaraguan Contras rebel army. Despite enormous pressure not to, Webb chose to pursue the story and went public with his evidence, publishing the series "Dark Alliance". As a result he experienced a vicious smear campaign fueled by the CIA. At that point Webb found himself defending his integrity, his family, and his life.

People are actually supporting shooting these people, and leaving them to bleed out and die slowly for 10 minutes?

They can * off to Indonesia and live there for all I care, if they like the death penalty so much. I'm proud that this country abolished the death penalty decades ago.

People are actually supporting shooting these people, and leaving them to bleed out and die slowly for 10 minutes?

They can **** off to Indonesia and live there for all I care, if they like the death penalty so much. I'm proud that this country abolished the death penalty decades ago.

Not necessarily supporting it, just resigned to it. If the execution was to happen in Australia then yes, but since it is in another country there is nothing we can do apart from ask them nicely not to. Our outrage doesn't matter to Indonesia.

I don't cheer when people get taken by sharks either, but if you're going to dress in a wet-suit and go swimming on an overcast day near a breeding seal colony, then well, my advice would be - best not to do that. Same with being in possession of large amounts of narcotics in some busted-arse barbaric third world country - best not to do that. The results are just so avoidable with a bit of common sense. There will be no cheering of that result, but no great outrage either.

Not necessarily supporting it, just resigned to it. If the execution was to happen in Australia then yes, but since it is in another country there is nothing we can do apart from ask them nicely not to. Our outrage doesn't matter to Indonesia.

I don't cheer when people get taken by sharks either, but if you're going to dress in a wet-suit and go swimming on an overcast day near a breeding seal colony, then well, my advice would be - best not to do that. Same with being in possession of large amounts of narcotics in some busted-arse barbaric third world country - best not to do that. The results are just so avoidable with a bit of common sense. There will be no cheering of that result, but no great outrage either.

Bingo! Don't carry drugs into Indonesia, it really is that simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back