Other New Patriots Scandal - DeflateGate

Remove this Banner Ad

Again depends on what the initial psi's were for both sets of balls. Fcuk some people are thick.
Personal attack. Nice!

So, your theory:
Colts 13.5 PSI
Patriots 12.5 PSI
Temperature difference from inside to out could at maximum reduce PSI to:
12.8 colts
11.8 patriots
So, if it comes out that the balls are more than 11.8 PSI, then there is no issue and thus no need for an investigation..... Just a quick pump up.
Unfortunately for you there is an investigation.

The other issue here is that the balls are made of material that shrinks and thus constricts at cooler temperatures and thus increases the pressure inside the ball to partially compensate.

Don't they play in near 0 degree temps? A 16% drop from 12 degrees is only 2 degrees.
53 outside and 80 inside was reported.
Kelvin temperature is what matters and I supplied those numbers.

Personal attack. Nice!

So, your theory:
Colts 13.5 PSI
Patriots 12.5 PSI
Temperature difference from inside to out could at maximum reduce PSI to:
12.8 colts
11.8 patriots
So, if it comes out that the balls are more than 11.8 PSI, then there is no issue and thus no need for an investigation..... Just a quick pump up.
Unfortunately for you there is an investigation.

The other issue here is that the balls are made of material that shrinks and thus constricts at cooler temperatures and thus increases the pressure inside the ball to partially compensate.

No I'm happy with the investigation however the lynch mob mentality of the posters here is another matter. Wait and see the outcome and as I have stated previously if we have done something wrong then we accept the consequences. Likewise if nothing is proven, apologies from the lot of you (but I won't be holding my breathe).

I can, but when you say that the ball material shrinks in the cold, it isn't anywhere near as much as the gas.
Mate come on

I quoted you in your last post referring to mine where I said temp is measured in Kelvin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's say the patriots didn't tamper with the balls. The balls get tested at inside room temperature and then go outside to play. These balls then lose some pressure due to cold weather and are then below minimum pressure to be considered legal.....
Even though it passed initial testing, while in use ball was not legal.
Now they are saying, we did nothing wrong, the cold did it! We are not responsible, the cold did it!
Using the cold as an excuse for then using illegal balls during the game when you know outside conditions will reduce pressure to below the minimum allowed. Equipment managers should know this and put more pressure into the balls beyond the minimum for testing while inside to make them legal outside.
Failing to compensate for this difference is negligent at best. Since Brady campaigned for the rule change to have their own balls then negligence goes out the window. Taking responsibility to provide compliant balls becomes the teams responsibility.

Geez..Pats fans getting snippy in here. Maybe they should just stick to the Superbowl thread and let the grown ups discuss whatever they like about Deflate gate in here thus avoiding the need to childishly abuse people cos 'poor old us'.

Wilson Football's own quality assurance seems to be neglected here by pats fans. And the damning evidence that all 12 colts balls from the same game retained their pressure from out of the box. Which backs up Wilson Football's quality assurance stance that balls should retain their pressure for TWO years.

That's simply false AND irrelevant ....

The teams are allowed to change Air in the balls, they are allowed to do lots of things to the balls. They've just got to be inhaled to 12.5-13.5 PSI at the time they are infected and approved by the officials and then not tampered with subsequently... that's it.

What may or may not happen to a Wilson ball if I buy it from a sports store and leave it in my garage for 2 years is completely and utterly irrelevant.

MIT had agreed with Belichick. Arguably the biggest school of its type in the world. But yeah, like most of the best US universities it's in the New England area, so you guys just blow it off...

I honestly can't work out whether GG is trolling our seriously lacking in intellect. It's one or the other.

Geez..Pats fans getting snippy in here. Maybe they should just stick to the Superbowl thread and let the grown ups discuss whatever they like about Deflate gate in here thus avoiding the need to childishly abuse people cos 'poor old us'.

Seriously? The anti pats posts in here that achieve "grown up" level are few and far between...

Repeating false or flawed assertions is the epitome of childish behaviour TBH

All the "facts" supporting the "Pats cheated" argument either aren't facts or they are incomplete and based on hearsay and opinion.

Most of this thread is, at best, bay 13 standard

Let's say the patriots didn't tamper with the balls. The balls get tested at inside room temperature and then go outside to play. These balls then lose some pressure due to cold weather and are then below minimum pressure to be considered legal.....
Even though it passed initial testing, while in use ball was not legal.
Now they are saying, we did nothing wrong, the cold did it! We are not responsible, the cold did it!
Using the cold as an excuse for then using illegal balls during the game when you know outside conditions will reduce pressure to below the minimum allowed. Equipment managers should know this and put more pressure into the balls beyond the minimum for testing while inside to make them legal outside.
Failing to compensate for this difference is negligent at best. Since Brady campaigned for the rule change to have their own balls then negligence goes out the window. Taking responsibility to provide compliant balls becomes the teams responsibility.

Wow.

I mean wow.

This is a new low point.

Seriously? The anti pats posts in here that achieve "grown up" level are few and far between...

Repeating false or flawed assertions is the epitome of childish behaviour TBH

All the "facts" supporting the "Pats cheated" argument either aren't facts or they are incomplete and based on hearsay and opinion.

Most of this thread is, at best, bay 13 standard
Calls someone lacking in intellect... cries it is a bay 13 thread. And just cos I like this gif....

Dwight-Schrute-look-of-disapproval.gif

Pats fans seemed to have decided to resort to name calling etc now, so maybe we should do what some of the AFL team boards do, 'No Pats Fan Thread' :)

Ex QB Jeff Blake who played on seven teams and last played on '05 is quoted on ESPN as saying every team deflates footballs....except the Texans and that's why David Carr struggled.....ok I made that last bit up.

Eagle87 said:
That's simply false AND irrelevant ....

The teams are allowed to change Air in the balls, they are allowed to do lots of things to the balls. They've just got to be inhaled to 12.5-13.5 PSI at the time they are infected and approved by the officials and then not tampered with subsequently... that's it.

What may or may not happen to a Wilson ball if I buy it from a sports store and leave it in my garage for 2 years is completely and utterly irrelevant.

MIT had agreed with Belichick. Arguably the biggest school of its type in the world. But yeah, like most of the best US universities it's in the New England area, so you guys just blow it off...

I honestly can't work out whether GG is trolling our seriously lacking in intellect. It's one or the other.
They come from Wilson PRE-INFLATED at 12.5 to 13.5 pounds every single one of them for the last millenia

Remove this Banner Ad

Back