Toast The Great Broom of Twenty Fourteen

Remove this Banner Ad

sack em both

I really don't know how Smart still has a job. I thought his "customer" tweet would've been the perfect opportunity to cut him loose. He's a walking embarrassment
Sorry are these expenses from last season or recent purchases ? If they are a leak, it's not like it's against someone new or significant...some gentle nudging to discredit and weaken their position ? Next thing they get is a pre-written resignation letter slid under the door - all they need to do is sign...

Sorry are these expenses from last season or recent purchases ? If they are a leak, it's not like it's against someone new or significant...some gentle nudging to discredit and weaken their position ? Next thing they get is a pre-written resignation letter slid under the door - all they need to do is sign...

What is Nigel Smarts official role with the Crows?

I thought things were finally changing at the AFC and then I saw our away guernsey, saw us hire John Reids son and noticed Smart, Harper and especially Chapman are still employed/involved.

I thought things were finally changing at the AFC and then I saw our away guernsey, saw us hire John Reids son and noticed Smart, Harper and especially Chapman are still employed/involved.
In fairness, the away guernsey would've been signed, sealed and delivered well before Fagen's time. It usually takes a months to get approvals from all parties. John Reid's son isn't a bad appointment either.

However, $10k on Chant night? You cannot be serious.

How you can have two lefty artsy elitists responsible for "fan engagement" is beyond me. I suppose we now know whose idea the operatic club song was.

I once wrote into 5aa (I know, I know) and said give me and some boys some free pish and we'll give you fan engagement. Knowing what was spent on some flagpoles and chant night, we would have had change to spare.

Not sure where to put this but it seems based on Ruccis article today the broom hasn't swept enough. Kane McGoodwin perhaps you can shed some light on this:

Kate Gould and Smart spent:
$8k on the 19th Man flag pole
$17k on 19th man flags
$10k on chant rehearsals

And there's a sensitive HR document about to drop.

Rucci reckons the leaks have returned.

Add $47k for the farcical recruitment process that they went through to decide they should hire Smart.

No mention of the moronic trained crow either.

Chapman needs to go, and the people he's tried to stack the board with to shore up his position can go with him.

Not sure where to put this but it seems based on Ruccis article today the broom hasn't swept enough. Kane McGoodwin perhaps you can shed some light on this:

Kate Gould and Smart spent:
$8k on the 19th Man flag pole
$17k on 19th man flags
$10k on chant rehearsals

And there's a sensitive HR document about to drop.

Rucci reckons the leaks have returned.
Rooch wishes the leaks returned! He is really struggling to get any decent goss. His singing canaries comment is laughable. He is desperately trying to create a story rather than report a story. Rooch is already hating the new afc management as all important information has been kept tight.

It's no secret that fagen is reviewing afc's administrative structure. Fagan himself has mentioned it... So yes the cleanout has not finished. Only noble of the senior positions is guaranteed. I heard Afc are trying to find another job for smart like they did for bickley. He is still a past great - just awful in an operational role.

Give it time.

Fagan & roo can't change everything overnight.

unlike notso or Harps, Reid at least comes to his role with relevant experience..

Rooch wishes the leaks returned! He is really struggling to get any decent goss. His singing canaries comment is laughable. He is desperately trying to create a story rather than report a story. Rooch is already hating the new afc management as all important information has been kept tight.

It's no secret that fagen is reviewing afc's administrative structure. Fagan himself has mentioned it... So yes the cleanout has not finished. Only noble of the senior positions is guaranteed. I heard Afc are trying to find another job for smart like they did for bickley. He is still a past great - just awful in an operational role.
Anything on the HR issue?

Rootchi's vindictiveness knows no boundaries. His article (today) reeks of disgruntlement because of his exclusion. An exclusion born of the tighter 'no leaks' AFC policy upon which he has now chosen to write his petulant criticisms.
Can't like this enough.

It's exactly what I was about to say but you said it in far more eloquent terms.

Mine went like this. - Rooch, you sooking stupid campaigner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still remember rucci saying the crows should not be secretive with injuries and the player who ran into reilly, and that port are wonderfully open with everything, but then says the wall is cracking and leaks will appear which should not happen. He reminds me of a 10 year old schoolgirl, do what i want or I'll tell someone what a secret, his employment as an apparent unbiased chief football reporter is a joke. He's basically blackmailing the AFC with nothing to back it up. My opinion on him had changed slightly over christmas (As he wasn't here probably) but i now remember how much of a gutter licking flog he is.

Notso for Janitor#2015?

Add $47k for the farcical recruitment process that they went through to decide they should hire Smart.

Chapman needs to go, and the people he's tried to stack the board with to shore up his position can go with him.

The trained Crow was a fabrication by Rooch. He must have got a hint of the "Flying Crows" on the LED signage and assumed we were getting a live one in so ran with it.

I still remember rucci saying the crows should not be secretive with injuries and the player who ran into reilly, and that port are wonderfully open with everything, but then says the wall is cracking and leaks will appear which should not happen. He reminds me of a 10 year old schoolgirl, do what i want or I'll tell someone what a secret, his employment as an apparent unbiased chief football reporter is a joke. He's basically blackmailing the AFC with nothing to back it up. My opinion on him had changed slightly over christmas (As he wasn't here probably) but i now remember how much of a gutter licking flog he is.

Ahh Rucci, makes me question what Adelaide has done wrong in the past century for us to get stuck with him.

I'd be expecting more of this now that we are sponsored by Fairfax instead of The Advertiser.

He pretty much admitted he was briefed by Koch on the Adelaide Oval deal conveniently before they announced their big loss for this year in an interview with him this morning, they both had a laugh about how that wouldn't happen because it would be breaking confidentiality agreements but it was obvious.

And wasn't it something dodgy where the firm who did the recruitment for the COO position was owned by a friend of Champan or something like that?

I ******* hope not.

We aren't the public service or a charity; if someone isn't capable of performing the role they're employed to do, get rid of them, don't try and invent a new position to avoid being ruthless - that's Trigg-era s**t.

james crow

Last edited:
Anything on the HR issue?

Could relate to the fact that Smart oversaw a $50k recruiting campaign (I believe through some associates of Chapman) to find a new COO, found a high profile Adelaide CEO who was keen on the position, and then decided he was the best candidate anyway?

MrB - that's what someone very much in the know suggested here during the year.

Last edited:
Give it time.

Fagan & roo can't change everything overnight.

unlike notso or Harps, Reid at least comes to his role with relevant experience..

Yeah but out of all of the qualified people to choose from in Australia we choose the son of the architect of the Tippett debacle, the guy that cost us big in players and reputation. You couldn't script some of the decisions that are made at the AFC, no one would believe you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back