Game Day Western Bulldogs Vs Richmond R1 NAB Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Was going to go wish the Tigers the best but after a quick glance at their autopsy thread I don't think I'll bother. Wow!.

Why in the name of all that is sacred would you do something like that? Hate 'em. Just hate 'em, grasshopper... :p

Was going to go wish the Tigers the best but after a quick glance at their autopsy thread I don't think I'll bother. Wow!

Solid hitout today. Was plenty of positives mixed in with plenty of negatives but Bev's influence is obvious already and that's all I was really hoping for today.
Its not all bad, hoping a few of thr SFA furies will stop them from turning on me.

They're just going "oh they had their best team while we had a bunch of kids, we'll beat them next time and also they are s**t and I hope Liberatore is out for a year because I haven't gotten over his dad"
No, that's not the full sentiment. Yes, we're focusing on our kids and reassuring ourselves that we only put the rookies out there, but WE DO NOT WANT TO SEE PLAYERS GET INJURED. It's horrible to see a promising player get taken out from any club, and you're disgraceful for thinking we'd stoop so low to celebrate it.

But congrats on the win guys. Hope none of the injuries are serious and good luck for your next game.

The Fox commentary team should be forced to listen to their call of the game again and asked to check if they had any bias or were seen to be barracking for one side at all.

That was the most disgraceful commentary I have had to put up with for a very long time.

OK done and dusted, now for my positives and negatives
Positives:
Redpath, looks better then before, beautiful kick for goal, good mark and more mobile it seems and confident, feels like he belongs now it feels.
Wood, I seriously under rated him prior to this game, has poise and reads the play very good,
Talia, if he can display that form and continue to improve he will be a very good player through the year.
McRae, handles the occasion well and has lots of time when he has the ball it seems, have good skills that will improve with more time, hard to believe its only the start of his 3rd year.
Bontempelli, hard to believe its the start of his 2nd year, big growth spurt in size without loosing his skill and game sense.
Hamling, only on for a bit , but showed he reads the game well, and with him Roughead, Talia, Morris and Wood and perhaps Roberts it does not look to bad down back.
Not so positive.
Only early of course but I found:
Dalhous, struggled with disposal.
Stringer, took a while to get into the game and needs to work on cohesion with the two tall's now we have.
Hunter was disappointing.
Wallis was serviceable and will need to be the clearance player he really is.
Jong was serviceable and as we know needs a bit more skills to improve but has heart and goes very hard.
Boyd will take a bit of time but I think on a bigger ground will suit him and Redpath together.
All in all, I am glad we drafted, Maclean, Webb, Dale, Daniel, Hamilton, because all these young kids are very good ball users and that's what we lack.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Redpath owns CHF in R1 after that display today. Easily the best thing to come out of today's game.

Talia and Hamling both looked really good also, a lot to like there. Have to wonder what the hell Macca was doing with Austin for the last 11 games or whatever it was that Austin played of 2014.

Stevens had his wrist squashed in the contest that Prudden copped a double hit concussion-type injury. Hope they are OK.

More importantly, hope Libba is OK. Also Hrovat - what it ribs that he went to hospital for a check on?

Redpath has finally entered the zone.

maxresdefault.jpg

I thought the game plan Luke Beveridge has introduced is really a breath of fresh air, today we showed glimpses of what we can expect. EXICITING.
The conditions where not good, that bloody wind blowing straight down the ground is hard to play good football.
But it was great to watch us take on the game, and not have 18 behind the ball as Richmond did when we were kicking with the wind. A big change from last season.
Overall I thought a pretty satisfactory hit out, with plenty to look forward to, special mention to Jack Redpath who I believe is going to be so important for us this season going forward.
Tom Boyd just let us forget he is in the team, but gee doesn't he straighten us up. EXCITING.
GO DOGGIES.

Gee going by the Richmond board you wouldn't have known that they lost. Making excuses now and then when they end up getting smashed in the regular season...

Remember our VFL team smashed them by 100 points and then later that day our AFL team won.

I'm so flat about Libba. Could be such a huge lose.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back