Game Day Western Bulldogs Vs Richmond R1 NAB Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it possible for you to post your best 22 and highlight how many were playing today?
just check out our Round 1 thread, loads of peoples best 22s
Murphy & Morris didn't play much today, Hrovat & Libba were injured

Crameri is obviously the big one, it is kind of hard to tell after just one prac match
who makes best 22 & who doesn't

Rough, Talia and Hamling all to start in defence in round 1. Boyd, redpath and one of Campbell or Cordy up forward. Don't want minson up forward or boyd spending extended time in the ruck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I Think Talia should be in our top 22 by rnd 1 he was very good today roughead started good but didnt end the match well

Was a reasonably average showing imo.

Positives - intent to play the game style. We clearly tried to do what beveridge wanted us to do.

Talia - he wasn't playing last year because??????

Macrae/bonti - beasts

Jong - only for a half though. Tank still an issue.

Redpath/structure - liked the forward structure with 2 talls. Blow me down.

Negatives

- Picken. Lost up forward. Don't like that move at all.

- minson. Smarten up, cut the frees, clean up your hands and keep it simple.

- stringer - was very poor. No huge concern though.

- hunter - was busy, but needs to use the ball better.

- dal - really really really don't like him midfield. So scrappy with the footy.

We were always going to have a lot more of the footy given the 2 squads selected. Disappointed with our hands and how we used the footy. Effort was good and structure was much better though.

I saw 5 minutes of highlights on AFL tv. Was really pleased with how they played and set up opportunities and it was ******* fantastic to see Redpath and Talia on the ground... Having Redpath and Boyd up forward as KPFs will be friggin good if it works out

Wallis took some good grabs, think he was a bit stiff with the free for a throw
has got away with worse

when Stringer is getting the ball, good things happen

the skills weren't fantastic but that is pretty normal for this time of the year

real interested to see how Hamling goes when he has a more experience direct opponent

horrible to have the injuries, but hopefully it means someone else can stand up

I thought the game plan Luke Beveridge has introduced is really a breath of fresh air, today we showed glimpses of what we can expect. EXICITING.
Kudos to the coach for the difference in the use of handballs. How many times did we handball to a statue?

Loved the way there were three or at times four handballs in a forward manner to get the ball out. May this part of the game style continue to develop.

Is it possible for you to post your best 22 and highlight how many were playing today?

I think we had 14 of our best 22 missing. How many players did you have missing? Is Darley best 22?

B: Batchelor Astbury Chaplin
HB: Houli Rance Petterd
C: B.Ellis Vlastuin Conca
HF: Deledio Griffiths Martin
F: Knights Riewoldt Edwards
R: Maric Cotchin Miles
INT: Hunt Morris Newman
Sub: Lennon/McDonough

We have a gameplan which is almost the polar opposite of the previous game plan to bed down, not to mention the loss of 4 walk-up senior players to cover for. Of course we played our best 22 - a massive change from our best 22 of five months ago.

I think we had 14 of our best 22 missing. How many players did you have missing? Is Darley best 22?

B: Batchelor Astbury Chaplin
HB: Houli Rance Petterd
C: B.Ellis Vlastuin Conca
HF: Deledio Griffiths Martin
F: Knights Riewoldt Edwards
R: Maric Cotchin Miles
INT: Hunt Morris Newman
Sub: Lennon/McDonough

The nab cup is nothing more than a few glorified practice matchs.. The results mean little but more importantly you get some game time into the kids

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just at Flinders St going home. Went with a couple of mates and loved the game. Saw NathanMJ_WB54 as well. For real! It was like seeing Moses parting the sea watching him cut a swathe through the crowd.
I'll write up a bit of a summary: some really good things today, some poor, but overall we're on the right track but it could be a tough year.

Took a couple of photos. Place was rocking. Thought they could have fitted a couple more in, though.

The highlight of the day for me was when a lady asked nathan and i to move out of her way to see the game.
She even got police and security which both of them said, they can sit or stand anywhere they want.
if you want to watch the game, just stand up.

The highlight of the day for me was when a lady asked nathan and i to move out of her way to see the game.
She even got police and security which both of them said, they can sit or stand anywhere they want.
if you want to watch the game, just stand up.

Not like either of you are giant men either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back