Game Day Western Bulldogs Vs Richmond R1 NAB Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

The highlight of the day for me was when a lady asked nathan and i to move out of her way to see the game.
She even got police and security which both of them said, they can sit or stand anywhere they want.
if you want to watch the game, just stand up.
If it was Blake then I'd get it. But you two? No chance :p

Not like either of you are giant men either.
Indeed. The people asking us to move looked like they'd been in a good paddock, though.

We were in hysterics when security told them to shove it.
Saw NathanMJ_WB54 as well. For real! It was like seeing Moses parting the sea watching him cut a swathe through the crowd.
People see the jumper and move. (Honey)church privilege.

Alright i've had a few drinks but here is my take on preceedings.

WE WON!!!!! A wins, a win is a win is a win. Always good for morale.
We ran out the game quite well, which won us the game. But we had a few fades when we were going against the wind.
Our efficiency inside 50 needs to improve, we monopolized the ball in our own 50 but struggled to kick goals. Our goal kicking needs to improve as well, some sloppy points kicked.
Roughie, Talia, Boyd, Redpath look like quite a good spine. All either played as expected (Rougie and Boyd) or exceeded expections (Redpath and Talia)
Stringer needs to find his role in the fwd 50, i'd like to see him as the one moving up the ground bringing the ball in into the 50. I didn't like seeing Boyd and Redpath wandering about the defensive, same goes for Roughie up forward.
McRae and Bonts - dead set legends. nuff said.
Picken up forward, Moyd down back i actually quite liked, worked well.
Wood off the HBF, yes please.
Minno didn't look it today, he's our #1 by a mile, but it seems he's getting to the point where he needs back up.
Wallis was great, and hopefully will step up.
Libba *runs away crying*
Hunter, Honeychurch, Hrovat, need to get different haircuts so i can tell them apart.
Jong for 2 Quarters looked the goods.

Disposal still needs to improve as does out forward entries. Our finishing needs to step up. We got killed on the counter attack, that needs to change, especially if we play such a high intensity forward game. teams will soak up the pressure and then BANG.

We played a young undermanned Tigers team, and won, Tigers at full strength, as much as i hate the bastards are a different kettle of fish, and probably would have held us off. It's round 1 NAB cup, a win is always good, and some of the signs are encouraging, but i feel we are still a ways away from climbing out of the bottom 6.

Anyone know what's the go with Hrovat?

Also we had 27 shot attempts
I like the fact we are attacking more, a clear day without wind and maybe 15 of the 17points would have been goals

Thoughts on Talia v Hamling based on today's showing? With Morris and Roughead (plus Wood) likely locks it's very unlikely we play both of them. I thought Hamling looked a little more rounded in his game but Talia's positioning both inside and outside aerial contests was outstanding. Didn't really see Hamling defend much one-on-one either.

I'd like to give both of them another chance next week and then re-assess. Based on today though - Talia's slightly in front. Liked what I saw from both.

What a great afternoon (minus Libba)..... For what it's worth I thought it was a good first up hit out and if not for some inaccurate kicking the margin would have reflected our dominance..... One player who hasn't been named much but I thought did OK was Granty... I also liked how with the game on the line we had Tom Boyd rucking and Jack Redpath ruck roving at a centre bounce....Wow

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thoughts on Talia v Hamling based on today's showing? With Morris and Roughead (plus Wood) likely locks it's very unlikely we play both of them. I thought Hamling looked a little more rounded in his game but Talia's positioning both inside and outside aerial contests was outstanding. Didn't really see Hamling defend much one-on-one either.

I'd like to give both of them another chance next week and then re-assess. Based on today though - Talia's slightly in front. Liked what I saw from both.

Talia for mine, but there is a useful backup in case of emergencies... Having said that, you'd like to see their form replicated over more than just one week.

Talia for mine, but there is a useful backup in case of emergencies... Having said that, you'd like to see their form replicated over more than just one week.
I actually think they can play together long-term (provided they continue to develop, of course), just not while Morris is a lock in that back half. Both have very complementary skill sets.

I'd still go Talia Dannn I think he has a greater capacity at this stage to play second or even first defender if needed.

Since when did you become a moderator?

Talia is the type that takes on the brute players while hamling can be the third man loose in defenders and outmark forwards
both applied great pressure today

Hooray, the Bulldogs played a match for the first time in ages! They even won (even though it is just the preseason)!

...Aaaaaand Libba does an ACL. Us Dogs fans aren't allowed to be happy now are we? I think it's officially a law.

I actually think they can play together long-term (provided they continue to develop, of course), just not while Morris is a lock in that back half. Both have very complementary skill sets.

Agree. At this stage (and refer to my earlier post about how early this assessment is), it looks an astute pickup. Reasonable potential reward vs low risk....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back