News New Jumpers for 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
no no no no no no no no.
no.
North home with blue shorts for the win.
North home with white shorts for the clash.

Here's the problem that North's and Geelong's jumpers look better with the coloured shorts but so many people think it looks messy when the other team wears a dark jumper with the white shorts against them.

i'm happy for us to wear white shorts at home.
buuuuuuuut if it can be avoided...
I love when they wear their coloured shorts.
But I really don't see the point in this:
334362_gp.jpg

1303955190017.jpg

When it means that the team wearing mostly navy adds white and the team wearing mostly white adds navy.
Why ADD the major colour of the opposition's kit to your own?
936851-carlton-v-039-s-geelong.jpg

Liam+Picken+AFL+Rd+2+Western+Bulldogs+v+North+jqam-QSywtel.jpg

In Tassie a couple years back ...
images
And against the Crows at the end of last season.
It came back late last year but the season and a bit before that it had gone again.
Simple solution, home team picks jumper. Away team picks non-clashing jumper. Home team picks shorts that are not major colour of away team's jumper. Away team picks shorts that are not major colour of home's jumper OR shorts.
The above picture follows that rule and the matchup works perfeck :)

Very disappointed yet again with the BLK product. Stitching is rubbish, the machine has failed to penetrate the material properly at the sleeve and looks completely butchered on the back of the collar.

The material is a huge step down from last years 'clash' that I have and the yellow is really a creamy beige and not a yellow at all probably due to the new cheaper retail material that they're using.

Faded looking cheap rubbish.

This company is pathetic and I hope they go broke

3B5A6A4B-6884-441C-8828-F1C902A4C4E6.jpg

644313AD-F57A-4A24-A253-CB57CF791545.jpg

6C9C5094-6DC3-41CB-B355-6924A5F52EBE.jpg

Last edited:
Towards the end of 2014 the use of white shorts for north/geelong in home games definitely increased, it occured in both the north Essendon final, north geelong Final and north crows in Hobart
For some reason they always manage to get the white shorts right in finals.

Towards the end of 2014 the use of white shorts for north/geelong in home games definitely increased, it occured in both the north Essendon final, north geelong Final and north crows in Hobart
During the finals, they try their very best to have everyone in their Home jumpers, regardless of their shorts colour. However, we saw a very poor decision in the Richmond / Port game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong haven't used blue shorts in a final for nearly a decade.

During the finals, they try their very best to have everyone in their Home jumpers, regardless of their shorts colour. However, we saw a very poor decision in the Richmond / Port game.
I remember hearing Keith Thomas say that he'd been told Richmond's "clash" was "inappropriate" for a final. Although they ended up wearing it in the end.

I remember hearing Keith Thomas say that he'd been told Richmond's "clash" was "inappropriate" for a final. Although they ended up wearing it in the end.

Yes, Richmond and Port have large jumper clashes, and Richmond were forced to wear their clash jumper. This ended with Port wearing their Magpies jumper which was something special, and something we don't see alot.

I hindsight, if Port were going to wear their Magpies jumper, Richmond could have easily worn their home jumper. The problem can come from clubs like Carlton, Collingwood and Essendon, who refuse to wear their clash jumper against rivalries during the normal season.

Yes, Richmond and Port have large jumper clashes, and Richmond were forced to wear their clash jumper. This ended with Port wearing their Magpies jumper which was something special, and something we don't see alot.

I hindsight, if Port were going to wear their Magpies jumper, Richmond could have easily worn their home jumper. The problem can come from clubs like Carlton, Collingwood and Essendon, who refuse to wear their clash jumper against rivalries during the normal season.
I'd like to see what happens if one of those clubs is asked to wear their clash jumper in a Grand Final.

I'd like to see what happens if one of those clubs is asked to wear their clash jumper in a Grand Final.
I don't think they'll mind if it was against one of the other 15 teams, but if it does happen, all hell will break loose. I can imagine Eddie going crazy.

Fremantle accepted it well in 2013 when they were told they had to wear white shorts. they choose to wear the white jumper on top of that. However, I don't remember seeing Fremantle in a purple jumper and white shorts last season. If they were going to wear white shorts, they wore a white jumper as well.

I don't remember the scenario around St. Kilda's clash in the 2010 Grand Final, however, they did clash quite abit with Collingwood in that.

I don't think they'll mind if it was against one of the other 15 teams, but if it does happen, all hell will break loose. I can imagine Eddie going crazy.

Fremantle accepted it well in 2013 when they were told they had to wear white shorts. they choose to wear the white jumper on top of that. However, I don't remember seeing Fremantle in a purple jumper and white shorts last season. If they were going to wear white shorts, they wore a white jumper as well.

I don't remember the scenario around St. Kilda's clash in the 2010 Grand Final, however, they did clash quite abit with Collingwood in that.
The difference is that Fremantle is non-Victorian and wear their clash in nearly every away game, even when the home doesn't clash and St Kilda is one of the "smaller Victorian" (they should all be equal in my opinion) clubs and they also wear their clash in a significant number of away games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back