Universal Love The 2014/15 Pre-season Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

With tipping comps, luck can only take you so far. You can possibly jag a comp by winning it, but you wont do that year after year though. Well thats from what I have seen in footy comps.

So you dont watch Crows games live? I simply have to watch the game live or I dont bother with it at all usually.

Drink, smoke and/or drugs are a no for me. So Foxtel is something that I dont consider about getting. Mind you the price of $50 is low compared to the packages that can go up to $130 per month. Not sure how anyone can justify that. Even if you earn there is better and smarter ways to watch movies and TV at your convenience.
We're all different, personally if I can't watch live for whatever reason I just avoid finding out what the result is, that way for me it feels like it's live anyway. Granted it was a lot easier to maintain my ignorance when I was living overseas, nothing worse than finding out the result beforehand, well nothing except finding out beforehand that it was a loss!:p

We're all different, personally if I can't watch live for whatever reason I just avoid finding out what the result is, that way for me it feels like it's live anyway. Granted it was a lot easier to maintain my ignorance when I was living overseas, nothing worse than finding out the result beforehand, well nothing except finding out beforehand that it was a loss!:p

I tried your way of watching and it is hard, I would find myself getting desperate to check the scores if we were ever 4 goals down in the second.:p

The times that I've accidentally overheard the result when I'm planning on watching the game a bit later we've always lost.

The Crows need me watching.

Also both West Coast prelims I was unable to watch the whole games due to work/wedding. Collingwood '09 there was a blackout during the last quarter and I spent the last 10 minutes outside in my car listening to the radio.

I just read on the Crows site that for $11 a month you can watch EVERY AFL game live for the season. To do this you just sign up to be a Crows digital member. If you're overseas then its called global crow and its a bit more expensive. This is awesome as I live in Perth so I often miss out on Crows games. And you get a lot of other stuff too which is too much for me to list. Thats huge as I wanted to buy a membership but being in Perth it was never worth it. I'm going to be all over this like flies on a turd.
I've done that this year as I play football in the country I'm normally on he road during games.
I actually bought the boundary line member and paid the extra $60 upgrade. It's like $10 more than just the digital membership but you get a few little tidbits as part of the boundary which you don't get in digital.

Also be aware that the $11pm started in Dec, so if you want to pay monthly you'll need to pay the first few months upfront to catch up.
I signed in February so paid $30odd upfront and now on monthly instalments for the rest of the year.

The other good thing is the app has games dating back to 2012 that you can watch. So thankfully I can watch games where we've played decent footy unlike the last few years.

I've done that this year as I play football in the country I'm normally on he road during games.
I actually bought the boundary line member and paid the extra $60 upgrade. It's like $10 more than just the digital membership but you get a few little tidbits as part of the boundary which you don't get in digital.

Also be aware that the $11pm started in Dec, so if you want to pay monthly you'll need to pay the first few months upfront to catch up.
I signed in February so paid $30odd upfront and now on monthly instalments for the rest of the year.

The other good thing is the app has games dating back to 2012 that you can watch. So thankfully I can watch games where we've played decent footy unlike the last few years.

I'm in a similar situation and did the same thing, the extra $10 gets the members choice gift and priority access to tickets.

I had already paid for my boundary line membership in December but added this in February and I think it became an 8 month plan at just $7.50 a month so it is great value.

Should be a checkbox add on with all memberships.

I'm in a similar situation and did the same thing, the extra $10 gets the members choice gift and priority access to tickets.

I had already paid for my boundary line membership in December but added this in February and I think it became an 8 month plan at just $7.50 a month so it is great value.

Should be a checkbox add on with all memberships.
Yeah that's what I liked, a few extra bucks gets a few additional benefits. Not a huge addition and all the funds go to the club which is great seeing as I can rarely get to games.

I haven't figured out if I actually get a choice of gift, and if so where I nominate?

Yeah that's what I liked, a few extra bucks gets a few additional benefits. Not a huge addition and all the funds go to the club which is great seeing as I can rarely get to games.

I haven't figured out if I actually get a choice of gift, and if so where I nominate?

When I bought the boundary line membership I was given this link http://19thman.com.au/memberschoice

I merely tried to point out to others a new, cheaper deal on offer, so that they all had the chance to watch all 9 footy games lives and constant repeats.

I apologise if I've offended...

One minute promoting wogbox work arounds, then promoting foxtel packages the next...pick a side Azza! ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One minute promoting wogbox work arounds, then promoting foxtel packages the next...pick a side Azza! ;)

Bahaha you got me! ;)

Didn't mean to start such a discussion on something which people have the choice of, I wasn't forcing anyone's hand. Just merely giving a heads up to everyone.

For me I love the fox sports package. Watch as much footy as I can, premier league, serie A, NFL, live cricket World Cup and now extra V8s. I'm set haha

I merely tried to point out to others a new, cheaper deal on offer, so that they all had the chance to watch all 9 footy games lives and constant repeats.

I apologise if I've offended...

I'm not offended in the least - In all essence it really doesn't bother me...

but at the same time, I can't resist a crack, and this was set up for an easy one..

s**t, good find.

only $60 for an upgrade package if you've got a membership and that's very tempting... anybody know if it will work over Chromecast or AppleTV for the Mac'ers?

I got the digital membership Last year. The only way to make it work in TVs is to run an android emulator on a pc media centre. Quality is low.

I got a free afl live pass by joining Afl fantasy and creating a league. But I still might get Foxtel because $50 is cheap for the content you get.

And please - can we stop comparing this to streaming services like Stan and Netflix? They have VERY limited content, and obviously no sport. The international streaming isn't a bad idea, but I don't know if I could be bothered to save $5 a week and have to get unblock.us set up again.

You can use a chromecast to get the AFL pass to work on your tv.

Kristof, any luck with bluestack working for you? Tried it last week and it wouldn't load the video at all this time, was just attempting to - not sure if they've figured out a way to stop it or not.

Last time I used bluestack was last year, and it worked then. It was fiddly and low quality, so it's not an ideal solution.

I never got chromecast to work, so you're smarter then me!

I'm completely happy with live pass, afl news and freeview.

Can absolutely afford foxtel but I don't really watch TV these days. I download the shows/movies I want to watch.

Ridicule me? Really :p? To each their own I would say.

I wouldn't ridicule you. I wen't the media server route. Desktop PC + 4x2TB HDD's with TV, Movies, Movies HD, Documentaries, Foreign Films, Cartoons, Anime, Music, Music Videos. I funnel all the content to my PS3 in the living room through PS3 Media Server which can transcode any video format. I've actually got an ethernet cable running through the house so i never have to worry about poor streaming.

I wouldn't ridicule you. I wen't the media server route. Desktop PC + 4x2TB HDD's with TV, Movies, Movies HD, Documentaries, Foreign Films, Cartoons, Anime, Music, Music Videos. I funnel all the content to my PS3 in the living room through PS3 Media Server which can transcode any video format. I've actually got an ethernet cable running through the house so i never have to worry about poor streaming.

Got a similar thing in my place, though I have the PC directly connected to the TV to use Plex Home Theater. Plex Server takes care of streaming to other devices in the house, it's magnificent

Last time I used bluestack was last year, and it worked then. It was fiddly and low quality, so it's not an ideal solution.

I never got chromecast to work, so you're smarter then me!
The quality is unfortunately the best you can get with that telstra app - you could get the international one, get a VPN to make it look like you're overseas but that costs more and requires more effort which is why I haven't tried it.

With the chromecast, all you need to do is copy whatever is on your phone to your tv, launch the AFL app and then the stream so it's running off your phone and the chromecast at the same time.

Got a similar thing in my place, though I have the PC directly connected to the TV to use Plex Home Theater. Plex Server takes care of streaming to other devices in the house, it's magnificent

Yeah Plex is awesome because it actually gives you a proper UI. I've been interested in getting something like that but I'm pretty happy with the simplicity of the system I use now. I know what are on my drives mostly so I don't really need all the show info. Something like Plex would be perfect for my parents though.

Yeah Plex is awesome because it actually gives you a proper UI. I've been interested in getting something like that but I'm pretty happy with the simplicity of the system I use now. I know what are on my drives mostly so I don't really need all the show info. Something like Plex would be perfect for my parents though.

Plex is available on PS3, though you'll need to pay for a pass: https://plex.tv/playstation

Remove this Banner Ad

Back