Game Day Pre-Season - West Coast vs Adelaide (Fri)

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably a tad too optimistic to get to a Dawson 2.0 level. I doubt Mitch has much, if any development left. He's not getting bigger and probably isn't getting quicker or fitter which is really where the vast majority of development. He might refine a little, but I think it's more likely he's another Keays type then a bonafide jet to build around.

And there is no insult in that phrasing whatsoever. Both are very good lads to have populating the mid to lower parts of a lineup. They play difficult roles to be consistent in pretty well (wing, mid-forward), can pinch hit in more important roles when needed, and both have the right qualities a contender wants seeing both have no qualms getting their hands dirty or putting themselves in danger. Pretty handy pick ups for free.
i don't understand your post. hinge has only played 21 games and you say hes not going to get better. based on what? he's trajectory is pretty good

i don't understand your post. hinge has only played 21 games and you say hes not going to get better. based on what? he's trajectory is pretty good

The biggest reason? He's in his 6th year in the league. Games don't mean a whole lot for improvement. Reason we talk about "50 games" is usually that it times well with a lad having completed 4-5 preseasons by that point which means have the body to match whatever talent they have.

The only meaningful "development" left in Hinge is what role he fills and how confident he is. Beyond that it's little tweaks and refinements.

The biggest reason? He's in his 6th year in the league. Games don't mean a whole lot for improvement. Reason we talk about "50 games" is usually that it times well with a lad having completed 4-5 preseasons by that point which means have the body to match whatever talent they have.

The only meaningful "development" left in Hinge is what role he fills and how confident he is. Beyond that it's little tweaks and refinements.
Hinge does have development ....game experience & importantly confidence, will lift his output another 10-15% ....this is why games tally is used as a benchmark

Pardon the intrusion , But Mitchell Hinge seems to have improved this year , I am thinking of him as a unique in my fantasy team, Any thoughts would be appreciated . Cheers
If you plan to tank your Fantasy season ....Hinge would be a great pick (1.4% ownership) ....that means 98.6% don't think he's a good pick

There are much better options ....Will Day ;)

Pardon the intrusion , But Mitchell Hinge seems to have improved this year , I am thinking of him as a unique in my fantasy team, Any thoughts would be appreciated . Cheers
He had an exceptional game v west coast but I'd say he'll most likely average 12-17 disposals for most games the trial game may be an outlier, so buyer beware

If you plan to tank your Fantasy season ....Hinge would be a great pick (1.4% ownership) ....that means 98.6% don't think he's a good pick

There are much better options ....Will Day ;)
Yes thought the West coast game may have been an outlier hence the question , Thanks I already have Will Day . Cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hinge does have development ....game experience & importantly confidence, will lift his output another 10-15% ....this is why games tally is used as a benchmark

Yeah, no. It's just about all physical. Look at any man child, or any mid-ager who enters the league ready to go and how that 'spike' is effectively non existent. Game experience is at best a pretty small impact on performance. Why 50 games? It times decently well to a kids body catching up to whatever talent they have.

Confidence is the only thing that can fluctuate, but that's a different beast entirely. Seeing how it's all but independent to development and how injury, team form, life, even a bad coach can mess with it.

Even worse, near Broken Hill a town on the SA/NSW border has that name --- Cockburn --- but the locals pronounce it
"Co-burn", diplomatically perhaps.
My grade 2 Primary teacher was Mrs Cockburn and always new her as Mrs Cockburn oronouced Coburn not Cosk-burn with a hyphen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back