2015 Round 1 Line up

Remove this Banner Ad

Why not play him on a less dangerous mid resting forward so he can try and run off him?
I think that should be Murph/Biggs/Darley's role.

If our back six is:

Morris ~ Roughead ~ Wood
Murphy ~ Talia ~ Biggs/Darley

then our match ups (IMO) should be..

Roughead - Kennedy
Talia - Lycett
Morris - Darling (or fit replacement)
Wood -LeCras
Murph - Mastern/resting mid
Biggs/Darley - Mastern/resting mid

Or to do it with a different forward-line, the Hawks.

Roughead - Roughead
Talia - Hale
Morris - Gunston
Wood - Rioli
Murph - Poupolo
Biggs/Darley - Resting mid

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it shouldn't be Wood's role to play on the easy player and just create, he should play the role Sam Fisher used to, #1 priority is beating the most dangerous small/mid sized forward from the other team then attack. I also think the common thought of Moz isn't going to take big blokes anymore is a bit optimistic, then we would have to play Wood on bloke's like Hale and Lycett, which is a worst case scenario for me.

Loved Bevos after match speech. Has obviously put he microscope on our defensive set up and if we're switched on, won't give guys like LeCras and Kennedy space to lead into.

Last year Kennedy was given 30mtrs of space in front of him nearly the whole match. Shouldn't happen again.

After the intra club it seems a couple more players are now locks (on form) to the initial 22.

Redpath (showing potential to be part of a twin towers forward structure) and Darley (form and the injury to Biggs seem to add up to a definite inclusion)

My locks to date :-
Murphy, Wallis, Bonts, Moyd, Dal, Stringer, Wood, Macrae, Toyd, Rough, Minson, Dickson, Talia, Darley, Morris, Picken, Redpath. 17 of 22. 2 games for the rest to lock in a spot.

Crameri (dependant upon asada)
Grant (dependant upon Crameri issue and final structure)
Hunter (needs to do more)
Hrovat (prob very close)
Campbell/Cordy (depends upon ruck structure)
Honeychurch (prob very close too)
Stevens (deeply in the mix)
Prudden (has 2 games left to qualify the hype)
Hamling (opposition analysis will dictate if there is a role for R1)
Daniel (quietly thinking he'll be our smokey, but with Honey & Hrovat also in the mix it will be tough)
JJ & Jong (need for their speed suggests at least one will be selected)
Goodes (if elevated could be a required mature body)

Did not include C.Smith (unless a miracle occurs and a huge risk taken), Biggs (hamstring) Libber (obvious) Roberts (injury and lack of solid pre-season). nor any of the rookies/draftees as they are a way back in the queue.

After the intraclub:

B: Wood Roughead Morris
HB: Murphy Talia Darley
C: Macrae Bonti Jong
HF: Stringer Redpath Picken
F: Honeychurch Toyd Dickson
Foll: Minson Wallis Dahlhaus
Int: Moyd Stevens JJ
Sub: Grant

Last edited:
After the intraclub:

B: Wood Roughead Morris
HB: Murphy Talia Darley
C: Macrae Bonti Jong
HF: Stringer Redpath Picken
F: Honeychurch Boyd Dickson
Foll: Minson Wallis Dahlhaus
Int: Hrovat Stevens JJ
Sub: Grant

Moyd ?

After the intra club it seems a couple more players are now locks (on form) to the initial 22.

Redpath (showing potential to be part of a twin towers forward structure) and Darley (form and the injury to Biggs seem to add up to a definite inclusion)

Murphy, Wallis, Bonts, Moyd, Dal, Stringer, Wood, Macrae, Toyd, Rough, Minson, Dickson, Talia, Darley, Morris, Picken, Redpath. 17 of 22. 2 games for the rest to lock in a spot.

Hrovat (prob very close)
Daniel (quietly thinking he'll be our smokey, but with Honey & Hrovat also in the mix it will be tough)

Did not include C.Smith (unless a miracle occurs and a huge risk taken), Biggs (hamstring) Libber (obvious) Roberts (injury and lack of solid pre-season). nor any of the rookies/draftees as they are a way back in the queue.

Good Post - I was just going to post an updated team - but I'd be almost repeating what you have just outlined.

I have looked at all these sides posted, I'm sure Prudden will play round one on pre season and current form.
Very talented player, I believe he can help with the loss of LIBBA. I have him in front of JONGY who is also going well.
I think we could play three first gamer's against West Coast, Prudden, Hamling, and Daniel.
Very exciting.
GO DOGGIES.

I have looked at all these sides posted, I'm sure Prudden will play round one on pre season and current form.
Very talented player, I believe he can help with the loss of LIBBA. I have him in front of JONGY who is also going well.
I think we could play three first gamer's against West Coast, Prudden, Hamling, and Daniel.
Very exciting.
GO DOGGIES.

Here you go then Black Pup

My current round 1 team now we are starting to get an insight into Bev.

out: Libba, Crameri, Biggs, Daniel
in: Redpath, Darley, Prudden, Dickson

B: Morris, Roughead, Moyd
HB: Wood, Talia, Darley
C: Macrae, Wallis, Murphy
HF: Grant, Redpath, Dickson
F: Picken, Toyd, Stringer
Foll: Minson, Bontempelli, Dahlhaus
I/C: Stevens, Jong, Hunter, Prudden

Emerg from : Johannisen, Hrovat, Honeychurch, Daniel, Hamling, Campbell

Unavailable: Crameri (ASADA), Biggs (hamstring), Roberts (shoulder), Smith (knee), Libba (knee)

I like the fact that we have really good competition for the last 4 or 5 spots - hopefully this forces two or three of the young guys to step up and cement their spots.

Hrovat (prob very close)

Just to clarify are you saying that Daniel will struggle to get a game in the team while Honey and Hrovat are in due to his size??

Just asking coz when I say this its blasphemy but others do and it's logical

Not picking on you just that you made the comment and asking your honest opinion ?

Here you go then Black Pup

My current round 1 team now we are starting to get an insight into Bev.

out: Libba, Crameri, Biggs, Daniel
in: Redpath, Darley, Prudden, Dickson

B: Morris, Roughead, Moyd
HB: Wood, Talia, Darley
C: Macrae, Wallis, Murphy
HF: Grant, Redpath, Dickson
F: Picken, Toyd, Stringer
Foll: Minson, Bontempelli, Dahlhaus
I/C: Stevens, Jong, Hunter, Prudden

Emerg from : Johannisen, Hrovat, Honeychurch, Daniel, Hamling, Campbell

Unavailable: Crameri (ASADA), Biggs (hamstring), Roberts (shoulder), Smith (knee), Libba (knee)

I like the fact that we have really good competition for the last 4 or 5 spots - hopefully this forces two or three of the young guys to step up and cement their spots.

So you have JJ who is one of the very few guys we have with speed not in the team?

I personally think he has to play and is miles in front of Jong for that spot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder if hunter will ever pull his head in ? Seems to want to do flashy things all the time and is lazy .. Has a lot of ability but you don't make it just on ability

So you have JJ who is one of the very few guys we have with speed not in the team?

I personally think he has to play and is miles in front of Jong for that spot

I did stand out to me which is why he is 1st emerg. and I'm sure he will play plenty of games for us this year.

I cant disagree with wanting JJ's speed. His disposal concerns me and he seems to create a lot of turnovers at the moment, if he cleans this up he becomes very important. I think its more to do with game awareness which will come. Whenever it clicks he will be serious player.

JJ and Hunter are two of my favourites but they could be fighting for the same spot. They both need to improve to cement spots.

At the end of the day there is 4 or 5 spots up for grabs and he is right in the mix.

The next two weeks have much to reveal

I did stand out to me which is why he is 1st emerg. and I'm sure he will play plenty of games for us this year.

I cant disagree with wanting JJ's speed. His disposal concerns me and he seems to create a lot of turnovers at the moment, if he cleans this up he becomes very important. I think its more to do with game awareness which will come. Whenever it clicks he will be serious player.

JJ and Hunter are two of my favourites but they could be fighting for the same spot. They both need to improve to cement spots.

At the end of the day there is 4 or 5 spots up for grabs and he is right in the mix.

The next two weeks have much to reveal

Yes I understand his disposal isn't great but then people replace him with Jong and well that's a little funny coz Jongs dosposal is proabably worse.

I do also understand peoples want to get Jong in the team but I think it's more on his effort and drive that actualy footy skills.

Good side. I'd have Hunter and Hrovat before H'Church though.
Yeah I rate them both above H'church but they play different roles. H'church fits the in and under goal sneak forward much better than Hrovat and Hunter which to me, are mids that can move forward. I think Hunter has been struggling with the role he has been asked to play (mid/back) and will take time to settle in. Hrovat seems to be in and out with niggles so Honey gets a run for mine.

Just to clarify are you saying that Daniel will struggle to get a game in the team while Honey and Hrovat are in due to his size??

Just asking coz when I say this its blasphemy but others do and it's logical

Not picking on you just that you made the comment and asking your honest opinion ?

I honestly believe Daniels should be played on form to date alone. I'm not worried about his height per se however with Dal a lock and Hrovat & Honey supposedly ahead of him I was putting personal bias aside and suggesting the "too many short people" theory may hold sway. Hey, I'm old enough to remember Carltons mosquito fleet and the carnage they inflicted so I don't fear having 4 very smalls in our squad. We've never had 2 huge Kpf's or 3 tall defenders ( well not since Hargrave finished as our 3rd tall) so again if it's form only I say play him.

Mattdougie, the big problem with JJ is that he's far too inconsistent with his disposal and his defending isn't anywhere near good enough to compensate for his inconsistency. As a flanker Darley is ahead of him and as a midfielder Jong is ahead of him since at least Jong puts in some great defensive efforts along with having better burst speed.

Mattdougie, the big problem with JJ is that he's far too inconsistent with his disposal and his defending isn't anywhere near good enough to compensate for his inconsistency. As a flanker Darley is ahead of him and as a midfielder Jong is ahead of him since at least Jong puts in some great defensive efforts along with having better burst speed.

I much prefer what I've seen of jj playing half forward and wing rather than hb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I honestly believe Daniels should be played on form to date alone. I'm not worried about his height per se however with Dal a lock and Hrovat & Honey supposedly ahead of him I was putting personal bias aside and suggesting the "too many short people" theory may hold sway. Hey, I'm old enough to remember Carltons mosquito fleet and the carnage they inflicted so I don't fear having 4 very smalls in our squad. We've never had 2 huge Kpf's or 3 tall defenders ( well not since Hargrave finished as our 3rd tall) so again if it's form only I say play him.

I agree and that's been my theory all along

just find it amusing you don't get berated for sayin such and I do :)

Who has been consistent the last 3 years under PM mark 2 mate

It's fun looking back at the first couple of pages compared to now.

The biggest difference is that Redpath wasn't even mentioned on the first page, now he's pretty much a lock for most people.

It's fun looking back at the first couple of pages compared to now.

The biggest difference is that Redpath wasn't even mentioned on the first page, now he's pretty much a lock for most people.

I know Redpath still has a long way to go, but there were people who didn't even want him retained at the end of last season and said he wasn't worth promoting to the main list, even with our lack of talls! Crazy, him becoming a quality second tall for us and taking some heat off Stringer and Boyd down there is becoming one of our most important areas of development.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back