Goulburn Valley FL 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A rhetotical question.

Why do the blokes on the O&M forum think their sides (excluding Albury and Yarrawonga who probably would) would beat all of our GVFL teams?

Im not sure that they would either. Mansfield beat Wang Magpies yesterday by 50 odd points, so surely thats a bit of an indicator? Apparently the eagles' new recruits were pretty impressive

Im not sure that they would either. Mansfield beat Wang Magpies yesterday by 50 odd points, so surely thats a bit of an indicator? Apparently the eagles' new recruits were pretty impressive
Think Magpies will win wooden spoon. Lost last week to cellar dweller Myrtleford by close to 20 goals.

Good news from league headquarters no fee increase this year and the league has bought all the clubs ipads to handle live scoring, team sheets etc... great initiative. Benalla still the team to beat midfield missing last week as well as playing a lot of kids and came within 5 goals of Lavington. They play Albury this week.

Good news from league headquarters no fee increase this year and the league has bought all the clubs ipads to handle live scoring, team sheets etc... great initiative. Benalla still the team to beat midfield missing last week as well as playing a lot of kids and came within 5 goals of Lavington. They play Albury this week.
No doubt Benalla the team to beat but the pressure has gone up another couple of notches and they will need to handle that more so than anything else. Couldn't close the deal last year and expectations of a flag firmly on them for 2015

With all due respect cueball hardly a initiative , other leagues have done similar previously . Reckon the MFL may have done so 4 or 5 seasons ago ?

Geez Roar it doesn't appear you are going to give any credit as we go along. Do you have an axe to grind? Maybe from another league that isn't currently with the RAC. That would be my guess. It may not be an initiative for you but it is for us, the first bit of IT help we have had for a while. Notice you didn't want to talk about the "No Change in Fees". That's puts us $10k per club to the good if we go off previous figures quoted on this blog. Give us a spell. More of a meeoww than a roar.

H
Hardly groundbreaking stuff cue ball, unless you and your cronies are gunna reinvent the wheel can I suggest you leave the league stuff of here , the on field stuff is much more interesting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No doubt Benalla the team to beat but the pressure has gone up another couple of notches and they will need to handle that more so than anything else. Couldn't close the deal last year and expectations of a flag firmly on them for 2015
Where does benalla play albury ?

Geez Roar it doesn't appear you are going to give any credit as we go along. Do you have an axe to grind? Maybe from another league that isn't currently with the RAC. That would be my guess. It may not be an initiative for you but it is for us, the first bit of IT help we have had for a while. Notice you didn't want to talk about the "No Change in Fees". That's puts us $10k per club to the good if we go off previous figures quoted on this blog. Give us a spell. More of a meeoww than a roar.

It's not $10k to the good at all Isnt it the same. It's just not $10k worse off this time around. I'm guessing you want to silence roar a fair bit so take a hit now in the hope of getting PDFNL and MFL on board?? Sounds very likely to me.

When you get $10k in favour for clubs, then I'll congratulate you.

It's not $10k to the good at all Isnt it the same. It's just not $10k worse off this time around. I'm guessing you want to silence roar a fair bit so take a hit now in the hope of getting PDFNL and MFL on board?? Sounds very likely to me.

Yeah wouldilietoyou there are many of us readng the cueball's observations from league headquarters ... I'm thinking Commissioner Gordon ... who is the Batman? Doubt the Roar will be choked, but keen to see what inititiatives the new administration bring beyond ipads. Had to get my 9 year old off it playing games to respond to Cueball's rousing news.

No it means you are bitting into the funds that previous administrators had built up , which is as expected .

Apparently the GVFL delegates were told during the negotiating process that the PDFNL were signed, sealed delivered and would be joining in 2015 ?

Yes not sure about swans, tat, rochy & ky. Could be a pretty even year.

If Tatura made finals this year based on who they have lost, I would think this would be one of the better club performances over the last 20-30 years. IF.
Ky have lost a lot and recruited a few but should have some local junior depth to replace a few as well. Quality outs almost impossible to replace with good ins. Hard to know where 4-6 goals a week come from without Newman. GUN.
Rochy have recruited OK but still missing an extra ruckman but I think they will completely change the way they have been playing so may surprise a few. I still think realistically they are a finals contender.
Swans have lost the most players for key position and onballers which are fairly crucial to success. May slide a fair bit to be outside the finals IMO but they are the most recent premier so may not be all about winning this year as opposed to blooding the next wave of juniors to get some success later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back