Competitions Ultimate Footy 2015 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Here - don't these three settings explain how it works?

Time Players are Restricted Free Agents - 2 Days
Determine Restricted Free Agent Priority - By Continually Rolling List
"Weekend" Signing Lockout - Unowned Players become Restricted Free Agents

So players released, or at every weekend during the signing lockout, become restricted free agents.
They are restricted for 2 days.
During that time priority to pick up an RFA is determined by a rolling list. So if you dibs one and get priority, you're back to the bottom of the queue for the next one.

I'm personally really comfortable with that. Esp given its reverse order of the draft for the initial settings. If we change it.. then I would probably have changed how I drafted and taken more of a risk with the bombres players.
Yes that's the procedure during the season .

If the Bombres get struck off 2 days before the season starts, every remaining player will be a UFA and as such it's a free for all. Your position on the waiver wire is irrelevant.

But it's a moot point cos very few Bombres will prob be cut straight away.

If the Bombres get struck off 2 days before the season starts, every remaining player will be a UFA and as such it's a free for all. Your position on the waiver wire is irrelevant.

Coaches have had 32 rounds to draft the players that are left in the FA pool. If they get snapped up some time after the draft well then bad luck to be honest...

I fall back on buyer beware.
if selwood and gibbs and goldstein do knees this weekend ill be frustrated but thems the breaks.

And if they do them in round 1?

Edit: Tbh though i didn't think we get through the draft this quick, was expecting it to drag over 2 weeks at least. More to the point though, injuries will happen and it's not really anything we can counteract.

my last 4 picks are set to 'auto if ranked' as they're all punts and I'm not sure any one else would be picking them. Danoz text me if my picks stall....

Campbell's Chunky waiting on you

And if they do them in round 1?

Edit: Tbh though i didn't think we get through the draft this quick, was expecting it to drag over 2 weeks at least. More to the point though, injuries will happen and it's not really anything we can counteract.
You've missed my point. I chose to keep them and draft them. I live with whatever happens next. I won't be asking for special rules ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Auto pick sucks, got about 94 midfielders........(haven'T really touched my rankings lately)

Will be trading plenty of them.

Holy s**t, I just checked your midfielders now and wow! Why didnt you use the smart auto pick feature, so that it drafted players from other positions?

Why are you on auto pick altogether when I was keeping in touch as to when it was your pick? haha could have saved yourself a lot of grief.

B: H Shaw
B: A Walker
B: Houli
B: Mzungu
B: H Taylor
B: Broadbent

C: Sidebottom
C: Ward
C: Prestia
C: D Swallow
C: M Murphy
C: I Smith
C: Tyson

R: Maric
R: Kreuzer

F: Deledio
F: B Harvey
F: D Pearce
F: Crisp
F: Kerridge
F: M Robinson

U: Viney

Emg
B: Fasolo
C: Guthrie
R: Z Clarke
F: Steele

BN: Scully (C)
BN: Witts (R)
BN: Watts (F)
BN:
BN:
BN:

I see what you're saying now. Once someone gets the word its a drop fest and they pick up all the best available players.

Should we say that as a maximum you can drop one Essendon player before round 1? That way you can replace a player, but you cant take advantage of getting say 5 replacements before anyone else.

Because then over the weekend you can apply for waivers, and it goes back to being fairer (on reverse draft order)

What bacon is saying is once the essendon decision is handed down, if they get 2 years, everyones going to throw their essendon players on the pile, however whoever finds out first is going to get the best remaining FA before anyone else has the opportunity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back