Cricket Summer betting thread - India, Tri-series, World Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Already some snapped up at $3.20 down to $3.15 at this stage. I took nZ for a few hundge, had to ensure profit. Now I can sit back, relax and have a cuppla sherbets enjoying the game.

I think we got it tho for what it's worth, said it from day dot. Home ground advantage is huge for us to go with the " do it for Hughesy " factor. We're a great team as showed thus far in the cup. Gotta win the toss and bat first though. Would hate to be chasing in the final.

Yuck... they were 2.10 before the match tonight. Pretty annoying odds now.
Was always going to be the case bb. wouldn't get the Aussies at even money hosting a home World Cup final lol. Best of luck on your bets mate. Footy fast approaching no doubt you'll be on the end of some juicy winners.

Aus v India

1u Glenn Maxwell highest team run-scorer @ $8 (SB with money back)

2u maximum player score under 109.5 @ $1.88 (SB)

1u Steve Smith most runs Group A @ $2.60 (TAB)

0.5u Yadav most wickets Bowler Matchbet Trios 2 @ $2.85 (SB)

Refund, win, win, win. +4.28u

OMG, think this is my best day for a very long time!! Some more coin to lose on the final :)

I have NZ @ $6 and Starc most wickets @ $11. Hopefully I can strategically hedge to get a few units in front...

Already some snapped up at $3.20 down to $3.15 at this stage. I took nZ for a few hundge, had to ensure profit. Now I can sit back, relax and have a cuppla sherbets enjoying the game.

I think we got it tho for what it's worth, said it from day dot. Home ground advantage is huge for us to go with the " do it for Hughesy " factor. We're a great team as showed thus far in the cup. Gotta win the toss and bat first though. Would hate to be chasing in the final.

Yeah I know... meant more along the lines of if they were 1.40 to beat India and 2.10 to win the tournament, I was hoping for 1.60+ to beat NZ.

Oh well. You too mate enjoy the final on Sunday!

Still wondering what to do on the final. At the moment I can hedge out NZ and Starc for about a 4u net profit. But I'm tempted to hang on for the drama!!!

All the other markets I usually look at seem about right though. Although I do think NZ have the potential to hit 300 if they bat first and hold their nerve. It's interesting that SB have a Team Total market (regardless of innings batted) but TAB's market specifically says '1st Innings'. At the moment it's at 275.5 which is pretty tempting.

I did find this though.

2u Total Match 4s over 48.5 @ $1.72 (TAB)

I think the bookies have just pumped all the figures though their big averaging machine and churned out this number. If you look at averages then Australia are running at 28 4s (196 in 7 games) and NZ at 25 4s (205 in 8 games). But, NZ have batted 2nd 6/8 times and have chased 4 totals under 200, massively skewing the results.
If you look at the WC matches at the MCG, there have been 61, 46, 61 and 48 4s hit, so a small tendency toward the overs. Note that the 46 was Ind v SA where SA folded for 177, and the 48 was involving Bangladesh. Even so, the median 4s for a team is 30, pointing at 60 per game when two quality sides play.
The main risk here is that there is another freak game with a small 1st innings total, but I don't think that will happen tomorrow.

Gee you're a wizard on the stats Ricardo. I love it! You're switched on. I don't know tbh, I think it's cool to have the rush of winning on the line but there's no rush when it doesn't go your way. Do you have New Zealand to win or the Aussies? Because if you have to risk 4 Units to a couple etc I wouldn't bother. If you're hedging and staking on the kiwis , if do it. Guaranteed money before a ball is even bowled. I think the Aussies will win, but nZ have been awesome as you do know. I already hedged myself on the kiwis. Going to the G nice and relaxed with cash in hand.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back