Cricket Discussion - Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Faulkner's MOM was an intelligent choice. 183 was never going to be enough and we have the bowlers to thank for that.

Mitchell Starc as Player of the Series might surprise a few but it was also a good choice, from memory Starc's average was just over 10 runs per wicket and that was outstanding in what was a batsman's tournament.

Nuggģgggettt! Great to see Nuget Rees out there with the boys holding onto the cup. BOOF hinted in one of his 5aa interviews they had a secret weapon for the semi and final if they make it.

Not many people know Nugget is a Port man. Loves Russell Ebert and is a regular at Port games especially now at Adelaide Oval.

Deserved winners. The World Cup is not a popularity contest, it's about deciding who is the best one day cricket side: Australia.
Thank * its not otherwise the Indians would always win. ;)

Geez if mitchell stark can move the red ball like he does the white...wow....

Out of the one day side you would think starc and maxwell will get the call up
Already salivating at the prospect of Johnson, Starc and Hazlewood in English conditions.......

Oh jeez....

Imagine being an opening batsmen ducking and weaving starc and hazelwood only to have Johnson come in straight after......wowzers
"And what's this - Joe Root is retiring scared......"

I think maxwell will get a gig as well....

I also think shaun marsh will be opening with warner both in one day and tests

Voges will eventually replace clark
LOL! Voges is 2 years older than Clarke. Eventually better come soon...

Already salivating at the prospect of Johnson, Starc and Hazlewood in English conditions.......
Throw in Pattinson maybe even Cummins. Like the Windies of old, why play a spinner if they arent good enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nuggģgggettt! Great to see Nuget Rees out there with the boys holding onto the cup. BOOF hinted in one of his 5aa interviews they had a secret weapon for the semi and final if they make it.

Not many people know Nugget is a Port man. Loves Russell Ebert and is a regular at Port games especially now at Adelaide Oval.
Great bloke, Nugget is. A big Port fan, and a legend at Goodwood Footy Club too.

I think Mitchell Starc has come a long way in the past 3 months.

Recall he was overlooked for Adelaide (for Siddle, who?) tonked in Brisbane, dropped for Melbourne and then surprisingly recalled for Sydney.

Ryan Harris is still Australia's best bowler and Johnson is an auto pick too. I like Starc ahead of Hazlewood, Siddle or Pattinson right now.

Starc though has started to give the bats a spray as they head to the pavilion. That has to go - he can't fight and shouldn't yap like someone who can.

I think Mitchell Starc has come a long way in the past 3 months.

Recall he was overlooked for Adelaide (for Siddle, who?) tonked in Brisbane, dropped for Melbourne and then surprisingly recalled for Sydney.

Ryan Harris is still Australia's best bowler and Johnson is an auto pick too. I like Starc ahead of Hazlewood, Siddle or Pattinson right now.

Starc though has started to give the bats a spray as they head to the pavilion. That has to go - he can't fight and shouldn't yap like someone who can.
The yap for a fast bowler...or any bowler for that matter is such a mental edge...

Warnie mcgrath they all did it...i remember the sprays used to give ajit agerker lol ...he ended up with something like i think 7 ducks in a row against the aussies...

I know that some players are going to give a bit out, no worries but I still don't like it.

Starc comes off as try-hard tough. Warner and Watson are someone you would like if you were in a fight but Starc not so much.

Boof has been mentioned in passing but MASSIVE, CAPS-LOCK credit to the big fella.

What he has done with this mob has been nothing short of incredible and he deserves huge praise.

The media loves him, other countries are trying to imitate him and I think Ken has him on speed-dial (jokes....)

I can even forgive the fact he isn't a Power supporter. He looks like one though, doesn't he?

To think that the SACA wouldn't call him back... ok, ok I won't go there......

Shane Warne, Rahul Dravid and Nasser Hussain were commentating during the Australia v India semi final match. By that stage of the match, it was clear that Australia would win and hence go on to meet New Zealand in the final.

Warne asked Hussain: "How do you think England will go in the 2019 World Cup?", to which Hussain replied he was confident England would do very well.

Hussain elaborated: "in 2011, the tournament was hosted by India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh, and the final was between India and Sri Lanka. In 2015, the tournament is hosted by Australia and New Zealand, and the final will be between Australia and New Zealand. So since the 2019 World Cup is being hosted by the British Isles, guess who will be in the final?"

To that, Dravid made the awesome reply: "Ireland and Scotland?"

Throw in Pattinson maybe even Cummins. Like the Windies of old, why play a spinner if they arent good enough.

Yup, our fast bowling stocks are brimming at the moment. Just gotta manage them well coz they breakdown way to much.

Pat Cummins and Pattinson will be the best of the new breed, imo. (And barring injury)

Yup, our fast bowling stocks are brimming at the moment. Just gotta manage them well coz they breakdown way to much.

Pat Cummins and Pattinson will be the best of the new breed, imo. (And barring injury)
So if our 4 best bowlers are pacemen, do we leave Nathan Lyon out occasionally?

Don't forget Ryan Harris.

So if our 4 best bowlers are pacemen, do we leave Nathan Lyon out occasionally?
Regularly I'd say. The Windies only played Harper in Sydney and not always and usually they had won the previous 3 or 4 tests depending whether Adelaide was a December or January test.

You pick your four best bowlers regardless of what they are. If the four best bowlers in the country are legspinners, then you pick 4 legspinners. Warne played every Test because he was one of the four best bowlers in the country.

You pick horses for courses on a racetrack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back