News Thomas and Keefe - 2 year ban - Trade, De-List, Rookie

Remove this Banner Ad

This is super hard to take accidently. Suspect one has lead the other. Keefe seemed more level headed. Josh Thomas being a fringe player with an injury history is a very likely candidate to be looking for ways to get his body right and a permanent spot in the team

This is super hard to take accidently. Suspect one has lead the other. Keefe seemed more level headed. Josh Thomas being a fringe player with an injury history is a very likely candidate to be looking for ways to get his body right and a permanent spot in the team

If this is the case then I would say Thomas is the more level headed, as the one of the two actually in command of his decisions.

Good post. Can you expand on your last point (bolded)?
I perhaps worded that wrongly.

I mean unless they were eating horse meat, then it's extremely unlikely they got it through meat contamination. In fact, even if they were, I'm sure it would be unlikely.

Fish, Chicken, Beef, Pork, Turkey - I have no reason to believe any of those sources would have the need for clenbuterol. In some rare cases in the 21st century, there may still be poultry that is fed hormones to increase growth rate, but clenbuterol does not increase lean muscle mass. I cannot, without doing the research, find a logical explanation in my mind how clenbuterol would show up in a urine sample after being ingested through the meat source which contains the drug. It makes no sense.

If they get away with this, it'll be a Christmas miracle.

I perhaps worded that wrongly.

I mean unless they were eating horse meat, then it's extremely unlikely they got it through meat contamination. In fact, even if they were, I'm sure it would be unlikely.

Have you ever eaten a meat pie in New Zealand?

Robbo on 360 just says he doesnt know if he can believe thomas and keefe, oh but he can believe golden boy james hird after all the evidence is against him

You seem surprised.

Maybe they got what they thought were some eccies or some other rec drug and got this or something cut with this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Far out - I'm not trawling through 25 pages.

If you're wondering what the drug clenbuterol is, I'll brief you: It's a bronchodilator, which is basically the same as what's in an asthma puffer. However this particular version is made for race horses. The side effects are increased heart rate which aids in burning fat. It also promotes the use of stored fat to use as fuel rather than carbohydrates or glycogen stores. Those two side effects work in tandem to create a pretty potent fat burner for the human body, and therefore in sport, it's used as a fat burner rather than a bronchodilator. Been illegal for a very long time.

If you're wondering why the would want to take it: It's pretty simple. They wanted to reduce their skin folds quicker. With clenbuterol, you can effectively do the same amount of work but burn more calories, thanks to the increased heart rate and fat use, as mentioned above.

If you're wondering why they thought they could get away with it: I'm sorry but I don't have that answer for you. It's been illegal for a very long time. You can only source it through drug dealers and veterinarians. I'm willing to bet they got their clen from someone very dodgy.

If you're wondering what they should have taken: There are so many legal supplements they could have bought over the counter to aid in fat loss. Heck, I'd even go as far as taking a caffeine supplement the morning of skin fold testing. It will reduce water weight and help you come in leaner for your test.

I don't know what they were thinking, but they've got to go. They've sorely disappointed me and they've let the entire extended family of the Collingwood Football Club down. Good riddance to them both.

For the record, they didn't eat contaminated meat. Clenbuterol doesn't work like that. If they get off citing that, I'll be incredibly surprised.
I agree ,if found guilty they need to go for good

Maybe they got what they thought were some eccies or some other rec drug and got this or something cut with this.
There's an explanation that has some thought put into it!

Although, MDMA would probably show up in the tests too. And caffeine would be cheaper to cut in than clen.

But I dunno, maybe the dealer didn't even include the MDMA, just clen and caffeine. Ha.

There's an explanation that has some thought put into it!

Although, MDMA would probably show up in the tests too. And caffeine would be cheaper to cut in than clen.

But I dunno, maybe the dealer didn't even include the MDMA, just clen and caffeine. Ha.

What if they got the munchies and snuck out to the local chinese restaurant?

I'm a bit worried about tom bell, any mail on if he was involved?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The whole laughing stock thing is starting to piss me off. Why should anyone be laughing? Yes, many are the spirits who despise us, but this incident is about the integrity of the game. Collingwood has an opportunity to contribute to the integrity of the game, by following due process and then by taking whatever action is necessary to send the message that PED and other banned substances will not be tolerated at our club. The game demands nothing less, and we have the opportunity to rise to the occasion.

And anyway, who gives a rat's if they laugh? We might suffer the loss of two players to stupidity, and there'll be some bad press, but we'll move on and play football and hopefully play it well. We'll test our depth, and some players will meet the challenge with surprising gusto while others crumble, and all of this will help to build a foundation for the future. Let others laugh, and just march on FFS.
Agreed. Ironically this could be the making of modern day Collingwood - how the Club is handling this so far speaks volumes about our values.

Our players never tested positive. Why should they be named?
This is the issue I have. Essendon seem to be fighting the problem and creating a view that what happened at Windy Hill was acceptable and it is everyone that is plotting against the Bombers and no wrong doing internally of their club.

Everyone else wants to take a zero tolerance approach and rid this cancer from the industry. It amazes me how Essendon has talked themselves into a level of acceptability and pretend that there were no issues surrounding their supplements program.

Yeah okay, good luck with that tomorrow.

****, now where going to have to deal with Frost's shit kicking for another year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back