Collingwood’s Josh Thomas, Lachie Keeffe accept two-year bans for taking banned drug clenbuterol

Remove this Banner Ad

I was wondering if anyone know how many Collingwood players were tested that day? Is it possible the whole team might have been on it (or might have had something contaminated), however only two were tested at that time...so others/rest of the squad have escaped?

This is what they said "You have to keep in mind these are two young men who were at home and had ASADA knock on their door. Both Neil and myself spoke to them shortly after."

If it is just one player I could believe the rest had nothing to do with this. But two makes me think, the rest might not have been tested that day and have made a lucky escape.

I heard it could be 4 years with new WADA rules which is staggering.

It's strange that it's mainly Essendon supporters pushing that angle in this thread.

I dont normally go into support Collingwood but the suggestion that the woods would be remembered as drug cheats is silly, they had potentially 2 rogue players who from their names have yet to really cement a place as first picked...

Completely different to a systematic club managed doping program...

That's your best response? Because I understand your hurting right now but whether you believe it or not you guys will be associated with all of this mess now.

You have a cat as your avatar and I have a beer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a 2 hour meeting - 20-odd new pages - summary anyone?

What are the players saying - are they claiming unintentional contamination? What is the club saying? Anything new come out detail-wise?

Apparently a dodgy burrito...

Yeah, it's almost like they're two completely different scenarios, one involving positive drug tests and the other not. But then, what would I know, me with my head in the sand and all.

'Recording a positive test' is not an element of the doping offence your players have been charged with. Just like its not an element of the offence of trafficking a prohibited substance.

Why you (and others) keep bringing it up is beyond me.

If they hadve 'tested positive' you would have been charged with an entirely different offence, an offence that had entirely different elements to it (including the requirement of a positive test result).

You might as well be arguing that the 'contact wasn't head high' or something. It's as relevant as a 'positive test' result to the offence your blokes have actually been charged with.

'Recording a positive test' is not an element of the doping offence your players have been charged with. Just like its not an element of the offence of trafficking a prohibited substance.

If they hadve 'tested positive' you would have been charged with an entirely different offence, an offence that had entirely different elements to it (including the requirement of a positive test result).

You might as well be arguing that the 'contact wasn't head high' or something. It's as relevant as a 'positive test' result to the offence your blokes have actually been charged with.

Kinda my point really. Why you expect people to react identically to what are different situations is strange, to say the least.

If they hadve 'tested positive' you would have been charged with an entirely different offence, that had entirely different elements to it.

You might as well be arguing that the 'contact wasn't head high' or something. It's as relevant as a 'positive test' result to the offence.

Are they not on trial for allegedly taking TB4? For which there were tests done? How is it not an element?

Are you saying it wouldn't have been considered by the tribunal at all?

12 mths on and Slobbo has not changed one bit.

Reckon he might need three cans to get the eyes open these days, instead of the usual two.

so given this rumour has been doing the rounds for a while, anyone want to take a stab at the timing of the info going public?

What rumour would that be?

Anyway this is all very convenient for the AFL and for Essendon. Takes the spot light off Essendon the day before judgement day.

Eddie won't be saying much tomorrow about how the AFL has handled the Essendon drug fiasco. Nice way of silencing a major critic.

What will be very interesting about the Collingwood case is where did the drugs come from? Was it a systematic club wide program with nearly all the players involved or was it two players acting independently. Did the Collingwood doctor and coach know anything?

Because we know what Essendon were about already.

These guys have no idea how it got in, if their food or drink was spiked in a foreign hotel or training facility and proven to be this, and if these guys have been banned by both club and asasda. I would embrace these guys throwing the kitchen sink at the club, the AFL and asada. On the other hand if guilty sack them, its a disgrace either way.
I think a cyclist got off as he ate a steak. But could be hard to prove.

They just don't get it! It's like trying to explain calculus to a 5 year old.

One more time peeps .....

There is no test for TB4! How can u get a positive test for a substance that although banned cannot be tested for?

So where does that leave ASADA ... Oh I know building a water tight circumstantial case ... which they have done.

How EFC supporters keep on trotting out this line .... but but but there is no positive test so we must be innocent.

THERE IS NO TEST!

Get it through your heads.

I was wondering if anyone know how many Collingwood players were tested that day? Is it possible the whole team might have been on it (or might have had something contaminated), however only two were tested at that time...so others/rest of the squad have escaped?

This is what they said "You have to keep in mind these are two young men who were at home and had ASADA knock on their door. Both Neil and myself spoke to them shortly after."

If it is just one player I could believe the rest had nothing to do with this. But two makes me think, the rest might not have been tested that day and have made a lucky escape.

I heard it could be 4 years with new WADA rules which is staggering.
LOL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back