EFC players: Comfortable satisfaction not reached.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Horseshit

I don't believe Hird (or even Dank) set out to cheat and I don't believe Hird deliberately had the players subjected to trial drugs (Not so sure on Dank here). But Hird was the one who pushed the barrow on getting high tech drugs into the players. He was the one who brought Robinson and Dank into the club. He was also warned by your own beloved doctor. He was aware of the injection programs.

This wouldn't have happened without Hird - it would have happened without Evans, Thompson et al

Claiming Hird as the naive white knight is what gets most people's backs up

From a moral standpoint - most people I know are happy the players are clear - as Andrew Welsh said - they are the victims here.
he had a say in the program but didnt run it.

Anyway, I've argued this for 26 months, Im not changing my mind

Here ladies and gentlemen is what we have been dealing with for years. The punter's understanding.

Robson stood down after the Ziggy report amidst screams for someone at essendon to be sacked. The Ziggy report for those of you that read beyond the introduction and THAT famous quote, was in fact examining governance and found the biggest lapse to be that the CEO was not across everything.

Robinson was paid out for unfair dismissal. If his High Performance Team was providing PEDs to the players, he would not win any unfair dismissal claims - does no-one actually understand this?

Again, Ziggy, did you actually read the report? It was prefaced with an admission that he knows nothing and was not investigating if any ADRV occurred. His report was on governance and the failure to control the high performance unit. Once more, pay attention, there was no accusation of illegal or prohibited drugs.

I could go on, but I suggest you do your reading.

Well ladies and gents this is what "blinkered" EFC supporters have been trotting out for years.

Given "the average punter" and EFC can't tell Hal and Paddy what they were injected with - may be a wise-guy like you can?

And while you are at it you can also explain to the rest of us why EFC has been burying/suppressing evidence for years - if there was nothing to hide?

Answer these questions and then I will take your feedback seriously!!

68560599-b613-4326-b773-1dcf6f254f6d_zpsgoqtuuus.png

Do you mean the players who made it clear that they wanted Hird to remain as coach, when the board wanted to sack him?
Maybe Winderlich, who reconsidered his decision to retire when Hird came back?
Or do you mean that "mass exodus" group (consisting of one - Ryder)?
Your way beyond ...and answereing like a true essendon supporter. PLEASE READ BACK before picking me up

What do you think about Hird overriding Reid's concerns? the "UN skills" Hird pleaded be used to make Reid give the program his blessing? How is that a small part?
i dont think UN skills means over-ride, unless you think thats what the UN do. His comments were about getting Ried together with Robinson and Dank so they could find common ground

If people are looking for a smoking - or even a loaded - gun, I think they'll be disappointed.

ASADA and the AFL leaked everything. They made one charge on TB4 and couldn't even get to "comfortable satisfaction".

They have nothing. They never have.
Don't speak too soon. There is still the top gun, the sniper gun and the begun. And more guns if I consult the thesaurus.

It was a disgrace.

Sport plays a special role in this country and to smear it for hopeless political purposes is pathetic.

And I'm not partisan - the other side would have done exactly the same thing.
Have you actually read anything about this case?

Anything at all?

Sorry... you're only seeing "Not Guilty" in big letters. Nothing else matters. The damage to the league doesn't matter. The millions of dollars in wasted money doesn't matter. The dodgy dealings don't matter. Hird being the only person to ever have been "not found not guilty" of bringing the game into disrepute doesn't matter.

It's all the politicians fault, yeah?

I think the insufficient evidence excuse is a cop out as well, considering ASADA could not put Alavi and Charter on the stand. How can you get sufficient evidence without your two strongest witnesses to testify?

Are you going to make a point or just troll? Are you okay with players being jabbed with unverified substances? Because that's Essendon's side of the story. I don't care if they were performance-enhancing or not. I care about the players welfare. Do you?
Hold on. I don't think he is and I recall him saying it

Fair fight surely?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It wasn't banned. Christ AOD again! Let it go people, you were wrong.
Come on man, what a waste of time this is:
The World Anti-Doping Agency issued a statement today to clarify the status of anti-obesity drug AOD-9604.

“AOD-9604 is a substance still under pre-clinical and clinical development and has not been approved for therapeutic use by any government health authority in the world,” the body said.

That puts the drug in WADA's category of prohibited substances.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...d-9604-is-banned/story-e6frg7mf-1226627233661

Your logic is that there are only two options. Guilty or not guilty. The tribunal doesn't use either term.

Amazing the amount of discussion turns on the title of the thread. Why is that? Because there is a desire by some people to attach a big Not Guilty to the verdict, thus sweeping away any worries about the saga. You want a black and white answer when the case has more subtleties than that.

The description in the thread title now more accurately reflects the tribunal's decision. Why do you hate the truth?

You're not fooling anybody.

If you actually believe you are (I'm sure you really don't), its time to log off and have a beer.

I made this point early in the piece and a certain prolific Essendon supporter mocked me for it.

No-one seems to know what was taken, in what doses and (possibly most importantly) in what combination.

It's probably my biggest concern out of all this - the potential health impacts on the players.

In my reading of this forum it seems to be a concern mainly for non-Essendon supporters though.

If it were my club using players as guinea pigs like this, I'd want everyone responsible out of there.

Jon mannah shows that pumping this crap into someone without taking into consideration their overall health (club and personal doctor involved) could lead to stimulated abnormal cell growth.

So what happens now?

People saying WADA can come over the top - How long will this take before they decide?

Do they have the ability to force Charter and Alavi to give evidence?

If WADA come OTT do the players go back on suspension? If WADA/ASADA appeal do the players stay suspended?

If the ruling is over turned and the players have been playing does the provisional suspension count as "time served" against any ban?

Not shocked by the ruling, more worried about the precedent it sets. As others have alluded to this ruling is not at all in line with ASADA/WADA guidelines.

Could we see the AFL follow the lead of the NFL and dump WADA to run it's own drug testing? Could they even afford that?

i dont think UN skills means over-ride, unless you think thats what the UN do. His comments were about getting Ried together with Robinson and Dank so they could find common ground
Kumbaya.

The interesting thing now is that any legal action taken by the players would be that this result removes any contributory negligence defenses I would think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back