EFC players: Comfortable satisfaction not reached.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My biggest worry is this finding will favour Hird, I've no problems with the players getting off if Danky went rogue.

Dank's fate remains to be seen, but if Hird remains the head coach after overseeing the drug programme I will be very disappointed.

I think ASADA will be crazy to appeal after spending 2 years chasing what appears to be shadows. Yet if the rumblings are true that the case couldn't fall over the line because Alavi and Charter refused to give evidence, then I can see the appeal in WADA coming OTT.

Show me a single essendon fan who has claimed they were happy with the clubs supplement program in 2012. I havent seen one. Essendon fans are celebrating a case over cheating with peds. It has nothing to do with approval of what amounted to a disgraceful program in 2012

Can't disagree with this - even Jobe isn't happy about what went on.

tears of joy my friend

Tell that to the posters here. By their posts, they seem to think that the Essendon players have been condemned to death.

He was interviewed this afternoon.

He made a statement and when it was returned to him for approval, it had been cut and pasted and rearranged to support a pre-conceived narrative that he didn't think was accurate.

So he didn't sign it and withdrew his participation.

Is that what actually happened? Or what he said happened?

He did also say the players were duped... so what does that mean?

'Innocent until proven guilty' implies innocence in such a case as when no guilt has been found. Therefore the title should read 'Bomber Players Innocent.' This is basic logic.

Only applies in criminal proceedings. Which these weren't. So they're neither legally innocent or guilty.

At best the allegation can be said to be 'not proven'.

youre blaming me for trolling. LOLOL

Show me a single essendon fan who has claimed they were happy with the clubs supplement program in 2012. I havent seen one. Essendon fans are celebrating a case over cheating with peds. It has nothing to do with approval of what amounted to a disgraceful program in 2012

A program where every senior leader from the club is no longer there... except one.

President... gone
CEO... gone
Football director... gone
Fitness Director... gone
Senior Assistant... gone

If Hird couldn't play football as well as he did - he would be gone.

That is the issue - he is being judged as a footballer at a time when he should be judged as a coach.

Hird oversaw an injection program of unknown substances to pretty much an entire club. His narcissism knows no end, he should have been dismissed after Essendon's own internal investigation

Christ all mighty talk about petty. What do you think that all means? It means, wait for it, "not guilty". But instead you took the time and effort to change a thread title to try and claim some scrap of victory. Reeks of pettiness and insecurity.
Guilty or not guilty. According to you the tribunal has not made any decision at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They were already punished for poor governance in 2013. Banned from finals, lost draft picks and fines. Maybe too soft and rushed due to the AFL rushing and cherry picking the report but they were already charged for bringing the game into disrepute. How then do you punish the players further when in fact they were just cleared?

You ban them the same way that you ban an Olympic athlete for not proving that they were clean when they missed their test.

EFC injected their players, the players cant say what was injected into them, ergo, you ban them for being in breach of the code, that is that they cant prove that what they took was legal and not banned.

if its good enough for an Olympic athlete to have to prove that he wasn't hiding anything when he missed a test, then it should be good enough to make EFC prove that they weren't hiding anything when they didn't keep records of what was injected into their players.

He was interviewed this afternoon.

He made a statement and when it was returned to him for approval, it had been cut and pasted and rearranged to support a pre-conceived narrative that he didn't think was accurate.

So he didn't sign it and withdrew his participation.
Oh yeah that's right.

Yeah nah him not appearing definitely cost ASADA.

:D

Essendon supporters got what they've always dreamed of and they're still crying in this thread.

Bless their cotton socks. :D

They're just happy that they've dodged a bullet, they don't care if they deserved it or not, so they are out gloating.

They so much want everyone to be crying themselves to sleep tonight cause they got off, but no one really cares; it was expected in this shame of a competition

Are you going to make a point or just troll? Are you okay with players being jabbed with unverified substances? Because that's Essendon's side of the story. I don't care if they were performance-enhancing or not. I care about the players welfare. Do you?
I made this point early in the piece and a certain prolific Essendon supporter mocked me for it.

No-one seems to know what was taken, in what doses and (possibly most importantly) in what combination.

It's probably my biggest concern out of all this - the potential health impacts on the players.

In my reading of this forum it seems to be a concern mainly for non-Essendon supporters though.

If it were my club using players as guinea pigs like this, I'd want everyone responsible out of there.

Last edited:
A program where every senior leader from the club is no longer there... except one.

President... gone
CEO... gone
Football director... gone
Fitness Director... gone
Senior Assistant... gone

If Hird couldn't play football as well as he did - he would be gone.

That is the issue - he is being judged as a footballer at a time when he should be judged as a coach.

Hird oversaw an injection program of unknown substances to pretty much an entire club. His narcissism knows no end, he should have been dismissed after Essendon's own internal investigation
he didnt oversee it, he was involved in the original planning. He is a wanted coach by the club fans and players. Nothing more needs to be said

Was the original title incorrect?

Pretty simple question.

It was changed to make certain people feel a bit better, so whatever. But it's just so small minded and hilarious and I'm honestly surprised you of all people support it
A toxic blend of pedantry plus pushback against a particularly triumphalist post. As I said in my reply to that Swans supporter, this is effectively the resolution of the matter, and I don't expect it to change in future, appeal or no.

(Although I do have to say that I would hate to be the head of ASADA when walking into the next WADA conference, because I'd fully expect the head of USADA to take the piss out of them relentlessly.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back