Will ASADA/WADA appeal? - UPDATE: ASADA will not appeal - WADA has appealed

Will ASADA/WADA appeal?

• Yes

Votes: 256 65.1%
  • No

Votes: 137 34.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Not alone, but combined with all the other evidence it is a pretty damning.
This is why without conclusive evidence of what was taken, I will consider Essendon tainted regardless of outcome.

To be quite frank, even if there's not enough evidence to receive a guilty verdict, there's a lot more evidence to suggest TB4 rather than alpha.

Anyway, Im not going to excuse the club for allowing this, but lack of records alone is not proof of doping

No, of course not. But in an elite sports environment where the number of grams of carbohydrates the players consume per day is regulated and noted, or how many meters they cover in a training session is logged, to have no records whatsoever for a sophisticated and comprehensive program of supplement injections is simply not credible.

Those records must have existed.

The tribunal agreed that there was never any Thymosin Alpha at Essendon, and that when Danks and Charters discussed Thymosin, they were referring to TB4.
Apparently the tribunal's decision is unquestionable when it comes to TB4 but when it comes to the only alternative being rejected, it's glossed over. Hilarious.

so whats the game plan? Dope your players without their knowledge and consent, or rely on 45 players, and their families and friends to keep a secret?
Hint: Pro cycling teams through the 90s-00s.

Extrapolate the running of those programs, to the learnings that can be gained from how badly Essendon ran their program and you can get an idea of what is possible under the current anti-doping regime here in Australia, under the self-centred auspices of the the AFL.

Look to the NFL if you want another example of a league based, cutting-edge arms race - even down to the inflation of their balls .... er, mind ABOVE the belt peeps!!

Last edited:
Irrelevant, judge called them dishonest. Judge also questioned McDevitt and said his comments were contentious and lacked proper evidentiary basis.
Appeal's got * all hope...doubt they will even bother appealing to save further embarrassment.
So the judge didn't believe people who had said things the opposite of his findings?

Reminds me of the New Zealand judge in Monkeygate who virtually called half the Australian cricket team liars when he wanted to find Harbhajan innocent of racial slurs against Symonds.

Hint: Pro cycling teams through the 90s-00s.

Extrapolate the running of those programs, to the learnings that can be gained from badly Essendon ran their program and you can get an idea of what is possible under the current anti-doping regime here in Australia, under the self-centred auspices of the the AFL.

Look to the NFL if you want another example of a league based, cutting-edge arms race - even down to the inflation of their balls .... er, mind ABOVE the belt peeps!!

Its all a bit like well rewarded gladiators from years gone by, many Ess supporters just seem happy their players can play...doesn't seem a lot of concern for their health and wellbeing...

Its all a bit like well rewarded gladiators from years gone by, many Ess supporters just seem happy their players can play...doesn't seem a lot of concern for their health and wellbeing...
Yeh, I can see that. I don't have to like it all that much though. The underlying, long-term risk to the sport and player health is a bit under-focused at present.

Hopefully the supporters will still be there for the players when they've well retired, hanging around the club as past-players, struggling with depression, mystery illnesses, sick children, etc (yes, I'm over-dramatising it a bit).

At the moment your average old past-player is largely afflicted by arthritis, dodgy knees and backs, gnarled fingers and hands - I hope that all of the 34 (and any other with similar worries, e.g. Hunter) have nothing "worse" than that to look forward to.

Given the report is now public I assume the AFL will release it.

Yeh, I can see that. I don't have to like it all that much though. The underlying, long-term risk to the sport and player health is a bit under-focused at present.

Hopefully the supporters will still be there for the players when they've well retired, hanging around the club as past-players, struggling with depression, mystery illnesses, sick children, etc (yes, I'm over-dramatising it a bit).

At the moment your average old past-player is largely afflicted by arthritis, dodgy knees and backs, gnarled fingers and hands - I hope that all of the 34 (and any other with similar worries, e.g. Hunter) have nothing "worse" than that to look forward to.

Agree with all the above. These various peptides have not really been used on humans for very long, and nobody knows what long term effects they may have. Reactivation of Joe Mannohs Hodgkins may have occurred because of Dankensteins potions. I'm watching to see if the extreme bodybuilders start becoming all lumpy, bumpy and cancerous. There's a PhD for someone. A few PhD's actually, related to psychology mainly. I think they are quite simply the maddest people on the planet.

Punch Drunk is another affliction seen in contact sports, highlighted by the hammering that centre half forwards used to get, Sam Newman comes to mind as a classic example.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ASADA chief reveals concern that Essendon records may have been destroyed

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-may-have-been-destroyed-20150401-1mcthw.html

Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority boss Ben McDevitt has revealed his concern that crucial records of the Essendon supplements program may have been "either destroyed or removed".

In an exclusive interview with Fairfax Media, Mr McDevitt warned of fresh show-cause notices if evidence emerged of document destruction in an attempt to cover-up the use of a banned substance.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-may-have-been-destroyed-20150401-1mcthw.html

Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority boss Ben McDevitt has revealed his concern that crucial records of the Essendon supplements program may have been "either destroyed or removed".

In an exclusive interview with Fairfax Media, Mr McDevitt warned of fresh show-cause notices if evidence emerged of document destruction in an attempt to cover-up the use of a banned substance.

No s**t.

There were clearly two EFC administrations:

- the incompetents that allowed Dank to happen

- the highly competent cleanup crew..

Jekyll and Hyde..

I'm not sure if it will be family reasons, or to pursue other interests, but I reckon Ben McDevitt will be "Standing down" pretty soon.

Those comments are disgraceful and completely inappropriate from somebody in his position.

He's actually sooking.

Sign that appeals are considered unlikely and they'd like to pursue other angles?

I mean, they seem pretty adamant that they believe Essendon were Up To No Good(tm) and this is the first time we've heard of them attempting this angle?

I'm not sure if it will be family reasons, or to pursue other interests, but I reckon Ben McDevitt will be "Standing down" pretty soon.

Those comments are disgraceful and completely inappropriate from somebody in his position.

He's actually sooking.
No, not really. And I doubt he'd be standing down. If what Whateley has conveyed is in any way accurate, they're fairly reasonable comments within the context of the report.

He's actually sooking.

read the article again, he's asked a question and he's outlined the two possible scenarios, the rest is the journo's beating a story out of it.

He's actually sooking.
I think he's frustrated, no doubt.

He's probably perplexed at how willingly people are buying the 'there were no records' line. I know I am.

We're talking about an AFL club that would have pages of documentation on skin folds alone, yet had no record of what was being administered to each player over the course of weeks or months.

It's simply unbelievable, and I hope more people start asking questions.

21 days -one wonders why they would need so much time to reconsider their position
The time frames is another area that needs addressing for future scenarios. Just ridiculous how long everything takes in golden age of technology.
They need to get a lot at the tribunal's reasons on Dank. In fact it wouldn't be unfair to extend the appeal period for ASADA if the tribunal takes too long in releasing those reasons imo.

No, not really. And I doubt he'd be standing down. If what Whateley has conveyed is in any way accurate, they're fairly reasonable comments within the context of the report.

Jones rebukes: “Many of the reasons provided by the ASADA CEO were contentious and lacked any proper evidentiary basis.”

His comments are just more of this.

I think he's frustrated, no doubt.

He's probably perplexed at how willingly people are buying the 'there were no records' line. I know I am.

We're talking about an AFL club that would have pages of documentation on skin folds alone, yet had no record of what was being administered to each player over the course of weeks or months.

It's simply unbelievable, and I hope more people start asking questions.

:D your right, they haven't thought about this angle yet :rolleyes:, they haven't had enough time yet

Why is he giving personal opinions and 'I reckons' in his capacity as the head of a government agency? And why the fcuk is speaking to the media again? Wasn't his 6 hour self-indulgent hissy fit today long enough to express his feelings?

If the tribunal finding was incorrect then he'll get his chance at the appeals stage.

He's got a finding to be going over, and a potential appeal to launch. Until then, he should shut up and stop trying to out-media Richard Ings.

there's nothing in that article that wasn't in the presser. It's a nothing article imo, no transcript, no complete questions or answers, just select quotes pieced to together to get you outraged. It seems it's worked.

Last edited:
Back