News 2015 SC Injuries & Suspensions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Whitting has tweeted that O'Meara was taken from the NEAFL practice match on a stretcher. AFL retweeted.
Hope it's nothing major.

Someone mentioned on another thread that it is his knee. Not sure how reliable it is though

Dislocated kneecap, ouch. Sounds like a rare injury, I'd think he'd be missing months with that rather than weeks.

Took David Astbury around a year to come back from his dislocated kneecap at the Tigers.

EDIT:
Or was it Chris Knights who dislocated his kneecap (still coming back from early rounds last year) and David Astbury dislocated his knee?? Either way, sounds like it could go either way (short or long term).

Dislocated kneecap, ouch. Sounds like a rare injury, I'd think he'd be missing months with that rather than weeks.
Rocket saying on the radio it used to happen to tredrea, used to only miss a week or two

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who is Judas?
Judas is the one who defected to the enemy for money. He farked karma so bad he had a boner after just 37 seconds.

Sorry. I cannot speak his name.

Just on the dislocated kneecap injury from O'Meara, it generally depends on what kind of other damage the dislocation has caused to the knee as to the severity of the injury. Some people can come back from it in a week or two (which I think Darren Cresswell only missed a week with his famous injury) if it goes out and then back in relatively easily. If the kneecap doesn't go back in easily and does damage to the tendons around it then you can expect to have an extended period on the sidelines.

If you dislocate your knee, generally you're going to need a knee reconstruction as it is very likely that your ligaments will rupture either when the knee is dislocated or when it is put back in place. A dislocated knee almost always leads to a long road to recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back