Analysis Road to 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, we've led the charge on innovation once again.

However! This time we need to keep going on the right path and not get impatient and start getting top up's in and undoing the good work. Lonie, Sinkers etc have proven to the club and us that a late or rookie pick can bring in FAR more than a Dean F'n Polo ever could.

Pelchen wasn't our recruiter.

Tony Elshaug is/was

Don't give the dude credit for something he didn't do.

Well it's a fact?!

Our guru, didn't pick the players...

And he got sacked,

What's the dispute

Think you're right Bird Man Without Pelchen a lot of deals would not have got done Bruce, Hickey & Longer

It's funny that there is now a "Saints model". Do other sides have the plums to do what we are doing?
STKILDA
Changing the lexicon in the AFL:
... Chipping it around the backline
... in Acres of space
... moving up a Geary
... with Savage intent
... a White pointer
... doing Weller for Longer
... caught in a Webster
... Bruce-free football

Sainters ...
The Wright stuff!!

STKILDA
Changing the lexicon in the AFL:
... Chipping it around the backline
... in Acres of space
... moving up a Geary
... with Savage intent
... a White pointer
... doing Weller for Longer
... caught in a Webster
... Bruce-free football

Sainters ...
The Wright stuff!!

...the Newnes inclusion is aLonie, doesn't Delaney, Pierces the goals and sends it Holmes and they Payne the price! They'll be McCartin him off on their shoulders tonight! He's definitely shown his Markworth here, top Billings, a little Ray of sunshine.

Hands up who's the tiniest bit worried that everyone sees billings as a lock to be an a grader and just assumes he's going to be a midfild gun?

(No? just me? I hope this is the anti jinx post now)

Hands up who's the tiniest bit worried that everyone sees billings as a lock to be an a grader and just assumes he's going to be a midfild gun?

Not the least. Joey says he is the best of the lot and will become an elite mid. In Joey we trust.

Seriously though, I think Billings will spend time forward as well as midfield but I think he will be a very classy midfielder. Has dominated VFL games, hasn't quite done it at afl level yet but we will see it in the coming years.

Not the least. Joey says he is the best of the lot and will become an elite mid. In Joey we trust.

Seriously though, I think Billings will spend time forward as well as midfield but I think he will be a very classy midfielder. Has dominated VFL games, hasn't quite done it at afl level yet but we will see it in the coming years.
I'm not saying he can't be a gun but I cringe sometimes when I see him as an a grader and nothing else. Same thing with acres tbh

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not saying he can't be a gun but I cringe sometimes when I see him as an a grader and nothing else. Same thing with acres tbh

Billings is a genuine top 3 pick and that's why he went there.

Acres was pick #18.

Unless Billings is injured, he will be a lock for an A grade mid.

Billings is a genuine top 3 pick and that's why he went there.

Acres was pick #18.

Unless Billings is injured, he will be a lock for an A grade mid.
IMHO the most important factor to differentiate an A grade mid from a B grade is his quality of disposal and ability to find a teammate in a scoring position. Billings is brilliant by foot, while Acres is not as efficient. Another reason young Lonie will be a very good player for us is his disposal quality.

Billings is by far my favourite current saint. The reason is because he is everything that we don't have on our list and has traits everything a superstar player posses. He will take time but I believe billings at 100 games will be very dominant in a Stevie j type of way.

I think acres will be a star aswell. What people are forgetting is that all our kids have played less then 20 games. The change in their production will phenomenal when they hit 50 and then again when they hit 100. It's partly why I don't want a dangerfield personally I want a younger player aka shiel who can grow with this crop and give us a sustained period of success.

Billings is by far my favourite current saint. The reason is because he is everything that we don't have on our list and has traits everything a superstar player posses. He will take time but I believe billings at 100 games will be very dominant in a Stevie j type of way.

I think acres will be a star aswell. What people are forgetting is that all our kids have played less then 20 games. The change in their production will phenomenal when they hit 50 and then again when they hit 100. It's partly why I don't want a dangerfield personally I want a younger player aka shiel who can grow with this crop and give us a sustained period of success.

I reckon you're going to have to add Jack Sinclair to that list. I really love this kid! He's becoming one of my faves. Love his disposal and his calmness. He doesn't panic and fluff the disposal. The running and strength and endurance can all be manufactured/worked on/improved but you can't do that for disposal under pressure....

Look at Newnsey and he didn't even have a big hype surrounding him, just kept plucking away improving his skills notching sneaky 15-20 possession games until now he's getting 20-30 possession games quite frequently. I can't wait to see this unit we're building grow together and hit that sweet point in development.

Ticking along nicely Biscuit. Had 7 shots on goal and kicked 4 in a VFL practice match on the weekend. Still has plenty to work on though and won't be rushed in unless we need him (is on stand by for Reiwoldt tonight).

Most of us would like to see him play a couple of games in the VFL season proper first but I think we will see him soon.
Hope we get to see him soon. Not tonight hopefully but would be a great stage to debut - Go Saints

The club are very confident that JB will transition into the midfield full time within 2 seasons....and be elite.

You can see the difference in his body shape have just one decent pre-season. Give him a few more & the natural progression that experience brings & he'll be making people say 'Bontompelli who?' :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back