Certified Legendary Thread Future of James Aish, for a limited time only! (trolling opposition supporters automatic day off)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never fear, you don't look smart, because you're wrong. ;)
Not at all. He was clearly talking about Okram Ibobi Singh, Chief Minister of the Indian state of Manipur and little known philosopher.
30TH_IBOBI_1068390e.jpg

You don't think you got a fair trade for Beams how's Crisp going not our fault Greenwood got injured
no I'm not whinging, but I'm sick of hearing Lions supporters saying that he shouldn't be sent to his club of choice after the whole beams fiasco

no I'm not whinging, but I'm sick of hearing Lions supporters saying that he shouldn't be sent to his club of choice after the whole beams fiasco

Tell me more about how 5 kids left your club for their preferred clubs after a couple of years. Until something like that happens, you really have no place whinging about a player leaving your club.

How do you guys rate Aish compared to beams ? As in value difference ? Do you think he will be as good as beams, half as good.. Etc

I think it's pretty *ing obvious if he leaves it'll be to the crows.

Do you think we should bring it to a head with Aish and say sign or ressies from this point on.

Let's face it his gone why give game time to a Crows player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im just curious in posting here, assuming a lot of you blokes are majority queenslanders and are league fans. I must admit, I am a fan of what happens in that code RE contracts. Would you guys be much happier is Aish comes out next week and says Im not staying im going to sign on elsewhere? But still play him?

I know in our previous experience, everyone knew Dale Thomas was leaving, If he had said at round 12 or whatever im going to take an offer at Carlton, I think it would be a lot more favorable view in the supporters, instead of listening to lies and countless innuendo for 6 more months.

I have no doubt that professional athletes will play and try to win just as much than if they kept all the media speculation, if anything they might play better. These guys are winners, have been most of their lives when playing footy, no way they are going to go out and play without a care in the world.

Shown very little so far in 2015, so one would question his value at Brisbane, even though I believe he is more than a capable player, but not yet mature enough at AFL level.

Im just curious in posting here, assuming a lot of you blokes are majority queenslanders and are league fans. I must admit, I am a fan of what happens in that code RE contracts. Would you guys be much happier is Aish comes out next week and says Im not staying im going to sign on elsewhere? But still play him?

I know in our previous experience, everyone knew Dale Thomas was leaving, If he had said at round 12 or whatever im going to take an offer at Carlton, I think it would be a lot more favorable view in the supporters, instead of listening to lies and countless innuendo for 6 more months.

I have no doubt that professional athletes will play and try to win just as much than if they kept all the media speculation, if anything they might play better. These guys are winners, have been most of their lives when playing footy, no way they are going to go out and play without a care in the world.
Really he doesn't need to say anything, we know his gone.

But to answer your question i'd be happy if he was honest and told us what we all already know.

How do you guys rate Aish compared to beams ? As in value difference ? Do you think he will be as good as beams, half as good.. Etc

I think it's pretty ruddy obvious if he leaves it'll be to the crows.

Beams was a 1st round pick plus 2x extras...Aish is worth just the 1 first round pick unless he goes all Bontempelli sometime this season

I think fans would be ok with it, but AFL coaches dont seem to be mature enough about it to let them stay in the team

Hi Guys,

I have an eithcal dilemma.

There was a lot of chest beating last trade period. But it seemed that Brisbane played the moral card, which was to get Beams back to play with his sick dad. However, clearly, money played a huge part in Beams leaving. It appears now, that from almost all reports, Aish wants to move back to MELBOURNE, and play for a big club. Could it be, that the Collingwood hierarchy, put forward the opportunity for Aish, just like Beams, to leave a club where he didn't want to be at, and potentially play with his mates back in Melbourne? And the Lions, hypocritical, clearly hypocritically with it's stance on Beams, flat out refused? Now, fast forward six months, Aish contract talks is doing to Brisbane what people suggested Beams contract talks would do to Collingwood if we kept him on the list. Perhaps not on the same level but not too far off, how do you value team disharmony, when someone clearly doesn't want to be there? It's kind of hard to judge.

Which brings me to my next few questions. Do you feel sympathy for Aish, if, it turns out the Lions flat out refused to trade Aish being a contracted player, despite poaching a contracted player? Ethically, on the moral compass, would Aish be right to label the Lions management, and Greg Swann, hypocrites? Would Aish' mates at the Lions have sympathy for his position if he felt the Lions hierarchy were hypocrites to keep him on a chain to his contract? And do any of you blame the Brisbane hierarchy for this continuing, destabilising, morale crushing issue if you can see this from Aish' perspective? And are you bitter about throwing in Crisp as steak knives who's actually outperforming Aish this year anyway?

Cheers.

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

I have an eithcal dilemma.

There was a lot of chest beating last trade period. But it seemed that Brisbane played the moral card, which was to get Beams back to play with his sick dad. However, clearly, money played a huge part in Beams leaving. It appears now, that from almost all reports, Aish wants to move back to MELBOURNE, and play for a big club. Could it be, that the Collingwood hierarchy, put forward the opportunity for Aish, just like Beams, to leave a club where he didn't want to be at, and potentially play with his mates back in Melbourne? And the Lions, hypocritical, clearly hypocritically with it's stance on Beams, flat out refused? Now, fast forward six months, Aish contract talks is doing to Brisbane what people suggested Beams contract talks would do to Collingwood if we kept him on the list. Perhaps not on the same level but not too far off, how do you value team disharmony, when someone clearly doesn't want to be there? It's kind of hard to judge.

Which brings me to my next few questions. Do you feel sympathy for Aish, if, it turns out the Lions flat out refused to trade Aish being a contracted player, despite poaching a contracted player? Ethically, on the moral compass, is Aish right to label the Lions management, and Greg Swann, hypocrites? And do any of you blame the Brisbane hierarchy for this continuing, destabilising, morale crushing issue if you can see this from Aish' perspective? And are you bitter about throwing in Crisp as steak knives who's actually outperforming Aish this year anyway?

Cheers.
I know for a fact that Aish did not want to be traded to Collingwood at the end of last year. Whether his stance on that has changed now is a different issue entirely. To answer your question no Greg Swann and Co. are not hypocrites. They aren't allowed to trade contracted players to other clubs against their will I am afraid.

I know for a fact that Aish did not want to be traded to Collingwood at the end of last year. Whether his stance on that has changed now is a different issue entirely. To answer your question no Greg Swann and Co. are not hypocrites. They aren't allowed to trade contracted players to other clubs against their will I am afraid.

How do you know this? Did he tell you this whilst passing a lie detector test?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back