Certified Legendary Thread Future of James Aish, for a limited time only! (trolling opposition supporters automatic day off)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He pretty much wants to come to Collingwood to play with Scharenberg and the rest of his SA mates. If you ask me, the whole scenario seems vaguely familiar, however the difference being Collingwood will not have something as good as Pick #5 and a quality player like Crisp up for trade. Not sure how this will work out.

Amazing how cocky the Woods can be when they beat St Kilda...

Aish only came up as a possibility late for us. It was said at the time that we had last minute interviews with him because he was a chance of slipping to our pick, despite being a consensus top 3 for most of the year. This considered might indicate we weren't able to put enough time and effort into his pre-draft analysis. On the surface he might have always seemed like a flight risk but given the short time to assess him it looks like our recruiters decided to back the club's ability to turn things around (we did have a big turnaround in this department post GH5)

At some point the risk is worth the reward. If we applied the "don't take him because he'll head home" after a top 3 rated player falls to pick 7, we'd be missing out on Daniel Rich. I don't think our recruiting staff made a mistake in taking Aish there.

If he chooses Collingwood I'm going to be very very mad. Fair enough if he wants to head home imo. Top 10 pick required to get the deal done though.
just as you guys were mad Beams wanted to go to Lions. 2 way street pal

At some point the risk is worth the reward. If we applied the "don't take him because he'll head home" after a top 3 rated player falls to pick 7, we'd be missing out on Daniel Rich. I don't think our recruiting staff made a mistake in taking Aish there.
Agreed. And to a lesser extent we could be the butt of all jokes ala Richmond's drafting. "Lol Brisbane picked Tambling over Franklin" etc

Just a friendly reminder to opposition supporters posting in this thread to be aware of where you're posting. We're happy for you to join the discussion if you have something constructive to say but we don't have the patience for any trolling.

There wasn't much between Aish & Scharenberg for Pick 7. If both were available you would have weighed up the flight risk of Aish V the concerns over Scharenberg's feet (which are fine now).

There wasn't much between Aish & Scharenberg for Pick 7. If both were available you would have weighed up the flight risk of Aish V the concerns over Scharenberg's feet (which are fine now).
Subtly pumping up your own player. Until Scharenberg can prove himself and get on the park Aish is the better player.

Subtly pumping up your own player. Until Scharenberg can prove himself and get on the park Aish is the better player.

Scharenberg & Aish were neck and neck pre draft with Scharenberg having more runs on the board (dual AA, runner up in Larke Medal). Too early at this stage to say who is a better player.

It's fair to say Scharenberg would have been less of a flight risk for Brisbane.

Scharenberg & Aish were neck and neck pre draft with Scharenberg having more runs on the board (dual AA, runner up in Larke Medal). Too early at this stage to say who is a better player.

It's fair to say Scharenberg would have been less of a flight risk for Brisbane.
I well aware of that. But, what I gathered from your post is that you were giving your bloke (who I preferred at draft time) a pump up even though he has done nothing.

I feel bad for Brisbane with all the players who have left in recent years. No team can be expected to improve when so many of their young players leave as soon as they can back to their home states. It is good you guys have that top quality kid in your academy this year as he is one player who you can feel reasonably secure with as he is not likely to want to leave after 2 years.

I feel bad for Brisbane with all the players who have left in recent years. No team can be expected to improve when so many of their young players leave as soon as they can back to their home states. It is good you guys have that top quality kid in your academy this year as he is one player who you can feel reasonably secure with as he is not likely to want to leave after 2 years.
Please tell the AFL this, we could do with something to help us out. Money isn't going to do s**t at this point in time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't want to appear like a smart arse but...it's Okram's razor

You're thinking of Okra Raisin, which is an innovative yet mildly disgusting hors d'ouevres.

Brisbane Lions CEO Greg Swann says "you don't have to be a rocket scientist" to work out that star youngster James Aish will leave the club at the end of the year.

The Lions have made a disastrous start to the season, losing all three of their games by an average of 58 points, and are rooted.

EFA

He pretty much wants to come to Collingwood to play with Scharenberg and the rest of his SA mates. If you ask me, the whole scenario seems vaguely familiar, however the difference being Collingwood will not have something as good as Pick #5 and a quality player like Crisp up for trade. Not sure how this will work out.
So in other words you have NFI:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back