Certified Legendary Thread Future of James Aish, for a limited time only! (trolling opposition supporters automatic day off)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Captain Morgan enema could on the cards around 10pm tonight.
Ground Control to Captain Morgan
Commencing countdown yeah the engines are on
I've checked the freakin ignition already
May God's love be with you

It's genuinely creative how many times that joke gets recycled considering it's now almost 15 years old. Pretty scary that both Voss and Buckley will almost be 50 years of age at the 20th reunion in a few years time. Time sure flies....
Oldie but a goodie

"In-demand James Aish could remain a Lion"

BRISBANE Lions midfielder James Aish has not indicated he wants to switch clubs and could remain at the Lions beyond this year, his manager Liam Pickering says.

Although Pickering could not confirm whether Aish would remain at the Lions next year, he said the gifted on-baller had not expressed any desire to leave.

Link here. It's quite sad that player managers have become such a big deal in this day and age.

"He's already there (contracted at the Lions) so he doesn’t need to tell me he wants to stay, he needs to tell me he wants to leave and he hasn't told me that."'

Obviously he does need to tell Pickering if he wants to stay, because there is a contract to be negotiated.

I'm starting to feel that this is all about someone's ego being stroked. Maybe more than one person.

Obviously he does need to tell Pickering if he wants to stay, because there is a contract to be negotiated.

Yup, that line by Pickering was patently ridiculous. Bad spin.

The subtext to everything Pickering says is that if we take this interview with him as truth, then who is leaking to the media that all these other clubs are interested in him?

After his two games this year I would be taking that first contract off the table. He does not give a s**t, does he do anything at an ELITE level? Definitely not speed, does not kick over 40 metres, kicks are usually on top of the players head, misses easy set shots at goal, is not strong, is not desparate to win the ball, does not lay enough tackles, is not tall, does not seem to be a team man or have any heart. When you consider how bad we have been and he has been one of out worst that's enough said-on your bike champ we will use the money elsewhere and you can go back and have the SA locals stroke your ego, hair and s**t beard. Stop reading your own press you have done nothing. Rant over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After his two games this year I would be taking that first contract off the table. He does not give a s**t, does he do anything at an ELITE level? Definitely not speed, does not kick over 40 metres, kicks are usually on top of the players head, misses easy set shots at goal, is not strong, is not desparate to win the ball, does not lay enough tackles, is not tall, does not seem to be a team man or have any heart. When you consider how bad we have been and he has been one of out worst that's enough said-on your bike champ we will use the money elsewhere and you can go back and have the SA locals stroke your ego, hair and s**t beard. Stop reading your own press you have done nothing. Rant over.

Think this is a bit harsh. He was very solid last year, and is out of form and confidence like 2/3 of our team. For example, he was huge in the St Kilda win that got us off the mark last year, including a pretty brave/impressive mark on the line to keep out a goal.

I'm frustrated about his contract situation, but he's clearly a player worth keeping.

3rd pick for him?

Think this is a bit harsh. He was very solid last year, and is out of form and confidence like 2/3 of our team. For example, he was huge in the St Kilda win that got us off the mark last year, including a pretty brave/impressive mark on the line to keep out a goal.

I'm frustrated about his contract situation, but he's clearly a player worth keeping.

We have to go back to start of last year to think of a courageous act? To me he has a bit of the Marc Murphy "don't they know who I am,? they can't possibly send me up there to play football I am the chosen one" about him. I know he going to be a good player but frustration levels are high and we don't need further distractions.

We have to go back to start of last year to think of a courageous act? To me he has a bit of the Marc Murphy "don't they know who I am,? they can't possibly send me up there to play football I am the chosen one" about him. I know he going to be a good player but frustration levels are high and we don't need further distractions.

Fair enough. That wasn't really my point though: he's done lots of tough work inside. I'm just saying that he's a 19yo and it seems a bit self-defeating to be angry he's not showing elite attributes. Like most players that age, he has good games and bad games.

On the attitude thing, I'm definitely starting to feel that way too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back