Certified Legendary Thread Future of James Aish, for a limited time only! (trolling opposition supporters automatic day off)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why that would only lower he's value look at what we got for Longer and Polec who weren't getting games
20 games into one of our other young players would be handy. I understand that it is highly unlikely to happen though.

But it seemed that Brisbane played the moral card, which was to get Beams back to play with his sick dad. However, clearly, money played a huge part in Beams leaving. It appears now, that from almost all reports, Aish wants to move back to MELBOURNE, and play for a big club. Could it be, that the Collingwood hierarchy, put forward the opportunity for Aish, just like Beams, to leave a club where he didn't want to be at, and potentially play with his mates back in Melbourne?
You sell him short by saying he just wants to leave for the $. I'd guess that by now he's totally fed up with losing games in front of small indifferent crowds as well. Unlike Beams, I suspect the message being sent out by the Aish camp is that he will he happy at any club with a reasonable culture and winning record.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You sell him short by saying he just wants to leave for the $. I'd guess that by now he's totally fed up with losing games in front of small indifferent crowds as well. Unlike Beams, I suspect the message being sent out by the Aish camp is that he will he happy at any club with a reasonable culture and winning record.
Agree with you on the win/losses front but stating our culture is a stretch too far.

My biggest gripe about this whole thing is how much of a flight risk he was from the beginning. We had just lost the go home 5 and we go and draft Aish. Madness.

Not sure about "madness", given that top 10/first round draft picks from traditional football states are all probably "flight risks", e.g. the GH5 group. What are we to do, given that almost every top pick is going to tell recruiters what they want to hear. It is bloody disappointing but what else were we supposed to do? Who would you have picked instead of Aish at #7?

Agree with you on the win/losses front but stating our culture is a stretch too far.
I don't know you've been uncompetitive for a long time now and how else do you explain the fact that Brisbane are having great difficulty developing and retaining younger players

My biggest gripe about this whole thing is how much of a flight risk he was from the beginning. We had just lost the go home 5 and we go and draft Aish. Madness.
Yep, everyone knew this was a big factor before he got drafted + I don't think he's a big enough talent to justify the risk. You would have been better off drafting Salem or Freemon

The next player taken after Aish was Luke Macdonald, who was a father/son pick.

After that was Christian Salem, who apparently wasn't keen to move interstate.

After that were Nathan Freeman, Dom Sheed and Ben Lennon, none of whom have been as impressive as Aish, none of whom would be immune from the go-home factor either - Freeman and Lennon are Vic Metro boys, who have a reputation for wanting to go home, and Sheed had been linked to the Eagles for a long time.

It's just not practical for us to effectively push ourselves down the draft order so as to slightly reduce our vulnerability to the go-home factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back